- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Operations Research
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 631427, 9 pages
Pricing and Lot Sizing for Seasonal Products in Price Sensitive Environment
1Department of Mathematics, Bengal Institute of Technology, No. 1 Govt. Colony Kolkata 700150, West Bengal, India
2Department of Mathematics, Institute of Engineering & Management, Salt Lake Electronic Complex, Kolkata-700091, West Bengal, India
Received 13 February 2013; Accepted 7 March 2013
Academic Editors: G. Dósa, A. Rossi, and R. Varela
Copyright © 2013 S. Panda and S. Saha. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. M. Hill, “Inventory models for increasing demand followed by level demand,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 1250–1259, 1995.
- B. Mandal and A. K. Pal, “Order level inventory system with ramp type demand rate for deteriorating items,” Journal of Interdisciplinary Mathematics, vol. 1, pp. 49–66, 1998.
- K. S. Wu and L. Y. Ouyang, “A replenishment policy for deteriorating items with ramp type demand rate,” Proceedings of the National Science Council, Republic of China A, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 279–286, 2000.
- K. S. Wu, “An EOQ inventory model for items with Weibull distribution deterioration, ramp type demand rate and partial backlogging,” Production Planning and Control, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 787–793, 2001.
- B. C. Giri, A. K. Jalan, and K. S. Chaudhuri, “Economic Order Quantity model with Weibull deterioration distribution, shortage and ramp-type demand,” International Journal of Systems Science, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 237–243, 2003.
- S. K. Manna and K. S. Chaudhuri, “An EOQ model with ramp type demand rate, time dependent deterioration rate, unit production cost and shortages,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 171, no. 2, pp. 557–566, 2006.
- P. S. Deng, R. H. J. Lin, and P. Chu, “A note on the inventory models for deteriorating items with ramp type demand rate,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 178, no. 1, pp. 112–120, 2007.
- S. Panda, S. Saha, and M. Basu, “An EOQ model with generalized ramp-type demand and weibull distribution deterioration,” Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 93–109, 2007.
- S. Panda, S. Senapati, and M. Basu, “Optimal replenishment policy for perishable seasonal products in a season with ramp-type time dependent demand,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 301–314, 2008.
- M. Cheng and G. Wang, “A note on the inventory model for deteriorating items with trapezoidal type demand rate,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 1296–1300, 2009.
- S. Panda, S. Saha, and M. Basu, “Optimal production stopping time for perishable products with ramp-type quadratic demand dependent production and setup cost,” Central European Journal of Operations Research, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 381–396, 2009.
- K. Skouri, I. Konstantaras, S. Papachristos, and I. Ganas, “Inventory models with ramp type demand rate, partial backlogging and Weibull deterioration rate,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 192, no. 1, pp. 79–92, 2009.
- K. C. Hung, “An inventory model with generalized type demand, deterioration and backorder rates,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 208, no. 3, pp. 239–242, 2011.
- S. Saha and M. Basu, “Integrated dynamic pricing for seasonal products with price and time dependent demand,” Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 1–17, 2010.
- P. Kotler and G. Armstrong, Principles of Marketing, Prentics-Hall of India, 2007.
- T. L. Urban and R. C. Baker, “Optimal ordering and pricing policies in a single-period environment with multivariate demand and markdowns,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 103, no. 3, pp. 573–583, 1997.
- S. W. Shinn and H. Hwang, “Optimal pricing and ordering policies for retailers under order-size-dependent delay in payments,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 35–50, 2003.
- D. S. Dave, K. E. Fitzpatrick, and J. R. Baker, “An advertising-inclusive production lot size model under continuous discount pricing,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 147–159, 1996.
- N. H. Shah and Y. K. Shah, “An EOQ model for exponentially decaying inventory under temporary price discounts,” Cahiers du CERO, vol. 35, pp. 227–232, 1993.
- H. M. Wee and S. T. Law, “Replenishment and pricing policy for deteriorating items taking into account the time-value of money,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 71, no. 1–3, pp. 213–220, 2001.
- M. J. Khouja, “Optimal ordering, discounting, and pricing in the single-period problem,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 201–216, 2000.
- C. C. Wu, C. Y. Chou, and C. Huang, “Optimal price, warranty length and production rate for free replacement policy in the static demand market,” Omega, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 29–39, 2009.
- S. Transchel and S. Minner, “The impact of dynamic pricing on the economic order decision,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 198, no. 3, pp. 773–789, 2009.
- S. Netessine, “Dynamic pricing of inventory/capacity with infrequent price changes,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 174, no. 1, pp. 553–580, 2006.
- E. Adida and G. Perakis, “A nonlinear continuous time optimal control model of dynamic pricing and inventory control with no backorders,” Naval Research Logistics, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 767–795, 2007.
- W. Elmaghraby and P. Keskinocak, “Dynamic pricing in the presence of inventory considerations: research overview, current practices, and future directions,” Management Science, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 1287–1309, 2003.