- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 645983, 47 pages
Metabolic Regulation of a Bacterial Cell System with Emphasis on Escherichia coli Metabolism
1Kyushu Institute of Technology, Fukuoka, Iizuka 820-8502, Japan
2Institute of Advanced Bioscience, Keio University, Yamagata, Tsuruoka 997-0017, Japan
Received 11 September 2012; Accepted 25 October 2012
Academic Editors: W. Antonin, C. F. S. Bonafe, and T. B. Ng
Copyright © 2013 Kazuyuki Shimizu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [20 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yu Matsuoka, and Kazuyuki Shimizu, “Metabolicregulation of <i>Escherichia coli</i> cultivated under anaerobic and aerobic conditions in response to the specific pathway gene knockouts,” Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology, vol. 04, no. 03, pp. 455–468, 2013.
- Yane Luo, Tao Zhang, and Hui Wu, “The transport and mediation mechanisms of the common sugars in Escherichia coli,” Biotechnology Advances, 2014.
- Maria Mooshammer, Wolfgang Wanek, Ieda Haemmerle, Lucia Fuchslueger, Florian Hofhansl, Anna Knoltsch, Joerg Schnecker, Mounir Takriti, Margarete Watzka, Birgit Wild, Katharina M. Keiblinger, Sophie Zechmeister-Boltenstern, and Andreas Richter, “Adjustment of microbial nitrogen use efficiency to carbon: nitrogen imbalances regulates soil nitrogen cycling,” Nature Communications, vol. 5, 2014.
- Guy Aidelberg, Benjamin D Towbin, Daphna Rothschild, Erez Dekel, Anat Bren, and Uri Alon, “Hierarchy of non-glucose sugars in Escherichia coli,” BMC Systems Biology, vol. 8, no. 1, 2014.
- Alejandro Negrete, and Joseph Shiloach, “Constitutive expression of the sRNA GadY decreases acetate production and improves E. coli growth,” Microbial Cell Factories, vol. 14, no. 1, 2015.
- Dan Wang, Chandresh Thakker, Ping Liu, George N. Bennett, and Ka-Yiu San, “Efficient production of free fatty acids from soybean meal carbohydrates,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 2015.
- Iraes Rabbers, Johan van Heerden, Niclas Nordholt, Herwig Bachmann, Bas Teusink, and Frank Bruggeman, “Metabolism at Evolutionary Optimal States,” Metabolites, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 311–343, 2015.
- Julie Cosmidis, Karim Benzerara, François Guyot, Fériel Skouri-Panet, Elodie Duprat, Céline Férard, Jean-Michel Guigner, Florence Babonneau, and Cristina Coelho, “Calcium-Phosphate Biomineralization Induced by Alkaline Phosphatase Activity in Escherichia coli: Localization, Kinetics, and Potential Signatures in the Fossil Record,” Frontiers in Earth Science, vol. 3, 2015.
- Deyanira Pérez-Morales, and Víctor H. Bustamante, “The global regulatory system Csr senses glucose through the phosphoenolpyruvate: carbohydrate phosphotransferase system,” Molecular Microbiology, vol. 99, no. 4, pp. 623–626, 2015.
- Aitor de las Heras, Esteban Martínez-García, Maria Rosa Domingo-Sananes, and Víctor de Lorenzo, “ Widening functional boundaries of the σ 54 promoter Pu of Pseudomonas putida by defeating extant physiological constraints ,” Mol. BioSyst., vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 734–742, 2015.
- Marta Irla, Tonje M. B. Heggeset, Ingemar Nærdal, Lidia Paul, Tone Haugen, Simone B. Le, Trygve Brautaset, and Volker F. Wendisch, “Genome-Based Genetic Tool Development for Bacillus methanolicus: Theta- and Rolling Circle-Replicating Plasmids for Inducible Gene Expression and Application to Methanol-Based Cadaverine Production,” Frontiers in Microbiology, vol. 07, 2016.
- Ying Zhao, Chang-Song Wang, Fei-Fei Li, Zhen-Ning Liu, and Guang-Rong Zhao, “Targeted optimization of central carbon metabolism for engineering succinate production in Escherichia coli,” BMC Biotechnology, vol. 16, no. 1, 2016.
- Yunjie Li, Bing Huang, Hui Wu, Zhimin Li, Qin Ye, and Y-H Percival Zhang, “ Production of Succinate from Acetate by Metabolically Engineered Escherichia coli ,” ACS Synthetic Biology, 2016.
- Noorfatin Jihan Zulkefli, Vanitha Mariappan, Kumutha Malar Vellasamy, Chun Wie Chong, Kwai Lin Thong, Sasheela Ponnampalavanar, Jamuna Vadivelu, and Cindy Shuan Ju Teh, “ Molecular evidence of Burkholderia pseudomallei genotypes based on geographical distribution ,” PeerJ, vol. 4, pp. e1802, 2016.
- Moritz von Stosch, Jan-Martijn Hamelink, and Rui Oliveira, “Hybrid modeling as a QbD/PAT tool in process development: an industrial E. coli case study,” Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering, 2016.
- Jia Chun Lim, Suganthi Thevarajoo, Chitra Selvaratnam, Kian Mau Goh, Mohd Shahir Shamsir, Zaharah Ibrahim, and Chun Shiong Chong, “ Global transcriptomic response of Anoxybacillus sp. SK 3-4 to aluminum exposure ,” Journal of Basic Microbiology, 2016.
- Kavleen Kaur, Gursharan Singh, Vijaya Gupta, Neena Capalash, and Prince Sharma, “Impact of phosphate and other medium components on physiological regulation of bacterial laccase production,” Biotechnology Progress, 2016.
- André Amado, Lenin Fernández, Weini Huang, Fernando F. Ferreira, and Paulo R. A. Campos, “Competing metabolic strategies in a multilevel selection model,” Royal Society Open Science, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 160544, 2016.
- Moritz von Stosch, and Mark J. Willis, “Intensified design of experiments for upstream bioreactors,” Engineering in Life Sciences, 2016.
- Pablo Ivan Pereira Ramos, Márlon Grégori Flores Custódio, Guadalupe del Rosario Quispe Saji, Thiago Cardoso, Gisele Lucchetti da Silva, Graziela Braun, Willames M. B. S. Martins, Raquel Girardello, Ana Tereza Ribeiro de Vasconcelos, Elmer Fernández, Ana Cristina Gales, and Marisa Fabiana Nicolás, “The polymyxin B-induced transcriptomic response of a clinical, multidrug-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae involves multiple regulatory elements and intracellular targets,” BMC Genomics, vol. 17, no. S8, 2016.