- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 710798, 7 pages
Influence of Oxygen on Zinc Oxide Films Fabricated by Ion-Beam Sputter Deposition
1Department of Physics, Fu Jen Catholic University, Hsinchuang, New Taipei City 24205, Taiwan
2Graduate Institute of Applied Science and Engineering, Fu Jen Catholic University, Hsinchuang, New Taipei City 24205, Taiwan
Received 25 June 2013; Accepted 30 July 2013
Academic Editors: Z. Jiang and H. Saxén
Copyright © 2013 Jin-Cherng Hsu and Yueh-Sheng Chiang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Yamamoto and H. Katayama-Yoshida, “Solution using a codoping method to unipolarity for the fabrication of p-type ZnO,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. L166–L169, 1999.
- E. Budianu, M. Purica, F. Iacomi, C. Baban, P. Prepelita, and E. Manea, “Silicon metal-semiconductor-metal photodetector with zinc oxide transparent conducting electrodes,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 516, no. 7, pp. 1629–1633, 2008.
- C.-C. Lee, D. T. Wei, J.-C. Hsu, and C.-H. Shen, “Influence of oxygen on some oxide films prepared by ion beam sputter deposition,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 290-291, pp. 88–93, 1996.
- C.-C. Lee, J.-C. Hsu, and D.-H. Wong, “Characteristics of some metallic oxides prepared in high vacuum by ion beam sputtering,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 171, no. 1-2, pp. 151–156, 2001.
- E. Burstein, “Anomalous optical absorption limit in InSb,” Physical Review, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 632–633, 1954.
- A. P. Roth, J. B. Webb, and D. F. Williams, “Band-gap narrowing in heavily defect-doped ZnO,” Physical Review B, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 7836–7839, 1982.
- K. Sakai, T. Kakeno, T. Ikari et al., “Defect centers and optical absorption edge of degenerated semiconductor ZnO thin films grown by a reactive plasma deposition by means of piezoelectric photothermal spectroscopy,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 99, no. 4, Article ID 043508, 7 pages, 2006.
- J.-C. Hsu, Y.-H. Lin, P. W. Wang, and Y.-Y. Chen, “Spectroscopic ellipsometry studies on various zinc oxide films deposited by ion beam sputtering at room temperature,” Applied Optics, vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 1209–1215, 2012.
- H. A. Macleod, Thin-Film Optical Filters, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis, 4th edition, 2010.
- W. T. Lim and C. H. Lee, “Highly oriented ZnO thin films deposited on Ru/Si substrates,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 353, no. 1, pp. 12–15, 1999.
- R. N. Castellano, “Reactive ion beam sputtering of thin films of lead, zirconium and titanium,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 213–221, 1977.
- C.-C. Lee, J.-C. Hsu, D. T. Wei, and J.-H. Lin, “Morphology of dual beam ion sputtered films investigated by atomic force microscopy,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 308-309, no. 1–4, pp. 74–78, 1997.
- N. A. Suvorova, I. O. Usov, L. Stan et al., “Structural and optical properties of ZnO thin films by rf magnetron sputtering with rapid thermal annealing,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 14, Article ID 141911, 2008.
- N. Mehan, V. Gupta, K. Sreenivas, and A. Mansingh, “Effect of annealing on refractive indices of radio-frequency magnetron sputtered waveguiding zinc oxide films on glass,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 96, no. 6, pp. 3134–3139, 2004.
- J. Tauc, R. Grigorovici, and A. Vancu, “Optical properties and electronic structure of amorphous germanium,” Physica Status Solidi B, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 627–637, 1966.
- S. T. Tan, B. J. Chen, X. W. Sun et al., “Blueshift of optical band gap in ZnO thin films grown by metal-organic chemical-vapor deposition,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 98, no. 1, Article ID 013505, 2005.
- L. Sun, W. Cheng, F. Lin, X. Ma, and W. Shi, “Changes of structure and optical energy gap induced by oxygen pressure during the deposition of ZnO films,” Physica B, vol. 381, no. 1-2, pp. 109–112, 2006.
- M.-H. Zhao, Z.-L. Wang, and S. X. Mao, “Piezoelectric characterization individual zinc oxide nanobelt probed by piezoresponse force microscope,” Nano Letters, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 587–590, 2004.
- J. G. Lu, S. Fujita, T. Kawaharamura et al., “Carrier concentration dependence of band gap shift in n-type ZnO:Al films,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 101, no. 8, Article ID 083705, 2007.
- A. F. Mayadas and M. Shatzkes, “Electrical-resistivity model for polycrystalline films: the case of arbitrary reflection at external surfaces,” Physical Review B, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 1382–1389, 1970.
- B. D. Cullity, Elements of X-Ray Diffractions, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 1978.
- C. S. Barret and T. B. Massalski, Structure of Metals, Pergamon Press, Oxford, UK, 1980.
- R. Cebulla, R. Wendt, and K. Ellmer, “Al-doped zinc oxide films deposited by simultaneous rf and dc excitation of a magnetron plasma: relationships between plasma parameters and structural and electrical film properties,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 1087–1095, 1998.
- J. Schoenes, K. Kanazawa, and E. Kay, “Band and hopping conduction in high-resistivity ZnO,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 2537–2542, 1977.
- A. Önsten, D. Stoltz, P. Palmgren, S. Yu, M. Göthelid, and U. O. Karlsson, “Water adsorption on znO(0001): transition from triangular surface structures to a disordered hydroxyl terminated phase,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 25, pp. 11157–11161, 2010.
- M. Suchea, S. Christoulakis, N. Katsarakis, T. Kitsopoulos, and G. Kiriakidis, “Comparative study of zinc oxide and aluminum doped zinc oxide transparent thin films grown by direct current magnetron sputtering,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 515, no. 16, pp. 6562–6566, 2007.
- Y.-Y. Chen, J.-C. Hsu, P. W. Wang, Y.-W. Pai, C.-Y. Wu, and Y.-H. Lin, “Dependence of resistivity on structure and composition of AZO films fabricated by ion beam co-sputtering deposition,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 8, pp. 3446–3450, 2011.