- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 932721, 8 pages
Clinical and Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Echography Outcomes in Psoriatic Arthritis Patients after One Year of Continuous Therapy with Anti-TNF Drugs
1Centre for the Study and Treatment of Psoriasis, Department of Clinical Dermatology, San Gallicano Dermatologic Institute (IRCCS), Via Elio Chianesi 53, 00144 Rome, Italy
2Radiodiagnostic Service, San Gallicano Dermatologic Institute (IRCCS), 00144 Rome, Italy
3Department of Rheumatology, San Camillo-Forlanini Hospital, 00151 Rome, Italy
Received 17 November 2013; Accepted 22 December 2013; Published 6 February 2014
Academic Editors: G. Chodorowska, P. Fernandez-Penas, and F. Kaneko
Copyright © 2014 Claudio Bonifati et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. A. Myers, A. B. Gottlieb, and P. Mease, “Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: clinical features and disease mechanisms,” Clinics in Dermatology, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 438–447, 2006.
- D. D. Gladman, C. Antoni, P. Mease, D. O. Clegg, and O. Nash, “Psoriatic arthritis: epidemiology, clinical features, course, and outcome,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 64, supplement 2, pp. ii14–ii17, 2005.
- A. Garg and D. Gladman, “Recognizing psoriatic arthritis in the dermatology clinic,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 733–748, 2010.
- W. Taylor, D. Gladman, P. Helliwell, A. Marchesoni, P. Mease, and H. Mielants, “Classification criteria for psoriatic arthritis: development of new criteria from a large international study,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 2665–2673, 2006.
- A. P. Anandarajah and C. T. Ritchlin, “The diagnosis and treatment of early psoriatic arthritis,” Nature Reviews Rheumatology, vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 634–641, 2009.
- F. Bandinelli, F. Prignano, D. Bonciani et al., “Ultrasound detects occult entheseal involvement in early psoriatic arthritis independently of clinical features and psoriasis severity,” Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 219–224, 2013.
- F. M. Solivetti, F. Elia, M. Teoli et al., “Role of contrast-enhanced ultrasound in early diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis,” Dermatology, vol. 220, no. 1, pp. 25–31, 2010.
- C. Bonifati, F. Elia, F. Francesconi et al., “The diagnosis of early psoriatic arthritis in an outpatient dermatological centre for psoriasis,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 627–633, 2012.
- D. D. Gladman, V. Farewell, D. Buskila et al., “Reliability of measurements of active and damaged joints in psoriatic arthritis,” The Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 62–64, 1990.
- V. Chandran, H. Shen, R. A. Pollock et al., “Soluble biomarkers associated with response to treatment with tumor necrosis factors inhibitors in psoriatic arthritis,” The Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 866–871, 2013.
- T. Fredriksson and U. Pettersson, “Severe psoriasis—oral therapy with a new retinoid,” Dermatologica, vol. 157, no. 4, pp. 238–244, 1978.
- J. F. Fries, P. Spitz, R. G. Kraines, and H. R. Holman, “Measurement of patient outcome in arthritis,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 137–145, 1980.
- A. Y. Finlay and G. K. Khan, “Dermatology Life Quality Index (DLQI)—a simple practical measure for routine clinical use,” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 210–216, 1994.
- E. Puzenat, V. Bronsard, S. Prey et al., “What are the best outcome measures for assessing plaque psoriasis severity? A systematic review of the literature,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 24, supplement 2, pp. 10–16, 2010.
- D. Kane, L. Stafford, B. Bresniham, and O. FitzGerard, “A prospective, clinical and radiological study of early psoriatic arthritis: an early synovitis clinic experience,” Rheumatology, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 1460–1468, 2003.
- D. D. Gladman, E. N. Hing, C. T. Schentag, and R. J. Cook, “Remission in psoriatic arthritis,” The Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 1045–1048, 2001.
- K. de Vlam and R. J. U. Lories, “Efficacy, effectiveness and safety of etanercept in monotherapy for refractory psoriatic arthritis: a 26-week observational study,” Rheumatology, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 321–324, 2006.
- F. Cantini, L. Niccoli, C. Nannini et al., “Criteria, frequency, and duration of clinical remission in psoriatic arthritis patients with peripheral involvement requiring second-line drugs,” The Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 36, supplement 83, pp. 78–80, 2009.
- M. Atteno, R. Peluso, L. Costa et al., “Comparison of effectiveness and safety of infliximab, etanercept, and adalimumab in psoriatic arthritis patients who experienced an inadequate response to previous disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs,” Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 399–403, 2010.
- T. P. Saber, C. T. Ng, G. Renard et al., “Remission in psoriatic arthritis: is it possible and how can it be predicted?” Arthritis Research & Therapy, vol. 12, no. 3, article R94, 2010.
- D. D. Gladman, “Adalimumab, etanercept and infliximab are equally effective treatments for patients with psoriatic arthritis,” Nature Clinical Practice Rheumatology, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 510–511, 2008.
- J. E. Signorovitch, E. Q. Wu, A. P. Yu et al., “Comparative effectiveness without head-to-head trials: a method for matching-adjusted indirect comparisons applied to psoriasis treatment with adalimumab or etanercept,” PharmacoEconomics, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 935–945, 2010.
- A. W. R. van Kuijk and P. P. Tak, “Synovitis in psoriatic arthritis: immunohistochemistry, comparisons with rheumatoid arthritis, and effects of therapy,” Current Rheumatology Reports, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 353–359, 2011.
- T. Yamamoto, “Angiogenic and inflammatory properties of psoriatic arthritis,” ISRN Dermatology, vol. 2013, Article ID 630620, 7 pages, 2013.
- P. J. Mease, A. J. Kivitz, F. X. Burch et al., “Etanercept treatment of psoriatic arthritis: safety, efficacy, and effect on disease progression,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 50, no. 7, pp. 2264–2272, 2004.
- P. J. Mease, P. Ory, J. T. Sharp et al., “Adalimumab for long-term treatment of psoriatic arthritis: 2-year data from the Adalimumab Effectiveness in Psoriatic Arthritis Trial (ADEPT),” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 702–709, 2009.
- F. Cantini, L. Niccoli, C. Nannini, O. Kaloudi, M. Bertoni, and E. Cassará, “Psoriatic arthritis: a systematic review,” International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 300–317, 2010.