Retraction | Open Access
ISRN Nanotechnology, "Retracted: Properties of PbS: Ni2+ Nanocrystals in Thin Films by Chemical Bath Deposition", International Scholarly Research Notices, vol. 2021, Article ID 2931539, 1 page, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1155/2021/2931539
Retracted: Properties of PbS: Ni2+ Nanocrystals in Thin Films by Chemical Bath Deposition
ISRN Nanotechnology has retracted the article titled “Properties of PbS: Ni2+ Nanocrystals in Thin Films by Chemical Bath Deposition” . As originally raised on PubPeer , significant data duplication was identified with another publication by Lima et al. . The concerns are as follows:(i)Table 1 shows the same atomic concentrations, and the corresponding EDAX pattern is identical.(ii)The SEM figures are identical.(iii)The XRD figures in both articles are identical.
The duplicated data in these publications appear to correspond to the same dataset; however, additional concerns were identified within the article as follows:(i)Figures 2(b), 2(d), and 2(f) have been duplicated in another publication by the same group, in which a different doping agent, mercury, is used . There is also overlap between Figure 2(b) in  and Figure 2(a) in , where bismuth is reported as the doping agent.(ii)Within the article, there is an apparent duplication of Raman spectra in Figure 10 (PbS-Ni6/PbS-Ni4 and PbS-Ni2/PbS-Ni0).
The journal and editorial board are retracting the article due to concerns that the data in this article are not reliable. The authors do not agree to the retraction.
- O. Portillo Moreno, L. A. Chaltel Lima, M. Chávez Portillo et al., “Properties of PbS: Ni2+ Nanocrystals in Thin Films by Chemical Bath Deposition,” ISRN Nanotechnology, vol. 2012, Article ID 546027, 12 pages, 2012.
- Properties of PbS: Ni2+ Nanocrystals in Thin Films by Chemical Bath Deposition, PubPeer, 2019, https://pubpeer.com/publications/7981935A8A9199C9FB6101338E6150.
- H. Lima Lima, C. Aguilar Galicia, A. Camacho Yáñez et al., “Ni influence, on growth of chemically deposited PbS films,” RevistaNaturaleza Y Tecnologia Universidad De Guanajuato, vol. 2013, pp. 4–11, 2013.
- R. Palomino-Merino, O. Portillo-Moreno, L. A. Chaltel-Lima, R. Gutiérrez Pérez, M. de Icaza-Herrera, and V. M. Castaño, “Chemical Bath deposition of PbS: Hg2+ nanocrystalline Thin films,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2013, Article ID 507647, 6 pages, 2013.
- R. Gutierrez Perez, O. P. Moreno, L. Chaltel, and M. Chavez Portillo, “Optical and structural properties of PbS: Bi3+ nanocrystals,” Revista Mexicana de Fisica, vol. 61, pp. 356–362, 2015.
Copyright © 2021 ISRN Nanotechnology. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.