- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Allergy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 576017, 2 pages
Food Hypersensitivity: Diagnosing and Managing Food Allergies and Intolerances
David Hide Asthma and Allergy Research Centre, Isle of Wight and School of Health Sciences and Social Work, University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth PO1 2FR, UK
Received 17 May 2012; Accepted 17 May 2012
Copyright © 2012 Carina Venter. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. A. Boyce, A. Assa'ad, A. W. Burks et al., “Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of food allergy in the United States: report of the NIAID-sponsored expert panel,” The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 126, no. 6, pp. S1–S58, 2010.
- A. Fiocchi, J. Brozek, H. Schünemann et al., “World allergy organization (WAO) diagnosis and rationale for action against cow's milk allergy (DRACMA) guidelines,” Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, vol. 21, no. 21, pp. 1–125, 2010.
- NICE, “Diagnosis and assessment of food allergy in children and young people in primary care and community settings,” http://guidance.nice.org.uk/CG116/Guidance.
- M. Bailey, K. Haverson, C. Inman et al., “The development of the mucosal immune system pre- and post-weaning: balancing regulatory and effector function,” Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 451–457, 2005.
- A. Høst, S. Halken, A. Muraro et al., “Dietary prevention of allergic diseases in infants and small children,” Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 1–4, 2008.
- S. L. Prescott and B. Bjorksten, “Probiotics for the prevention or treatment of allergic diseases,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 120, no. 2, pp. 255–262, 2007.
- G. Folkerts, G. Walzl, and P. J. M. Openshaw, “Do common childhood infections “teach” the immune system not to be allergic?” Immunology Today, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 118–120, 2000.
- J. A. Bird and A. W. Burks, “Food allergy and asthma,” Primary Care Respiratory Journal, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 258–265, 2009.
- B. M. J. Flokstra-de Blok, J. L. van der Velde, B. J. Vlieg-Boerstra et al., “Health-related quality of life of food allergic patients measured with generic and disease-specific questionnaires,” Allergy, vol. 65, no. 8, pp. 1031–1038, 2010.
- H. MacKenzie, G. Roberts, D. van Laar, and T. Dean, “Teenagers' experiences of living with food hypersensitivity: a qualitative study,” Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 595–602, 2010.
- S. H. Sicherer, S. A. Noone, and A. Muñoz-Furlong, “The impact of childhood food allergy on quality of life,” Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, vol. 87, no. 6, pp. 461–464, 2001.
- C. B. Madsen, R. Crevel, C. H. Chan et al., “Food allergy: stakeholder perspectives on acceptable risk,” Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 57, no. 2-3, pp. 256–265, 2010.