- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Amino Acids
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 517137, 5 pages
Peptides Regulate Cortical Thymocytes Differentiation, Proliferation, and Apoptosis
1Saint-Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology, RAMS pr. Dinamo 3, St. Petersburg 197110, Russia
2I.P. Pavlov Institute of Physiology, RAS, Makarova emb. 6, St. Petersburg 199034, Russia
Received 16 May 2011; Revised 6 July 2011; Accepted 12 September 2011
Academic Editor: Udupi A. Ramagopal
Copyright © 2011 V. Kh. Khavinson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. A. Yarilin and I. M. Belyakov, “Cytokines in the thymus: production and biological effects,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 447–464, 2004.
- N. I. Sharova, A. D. Donetskova, I. V. Dubrovina, G. T. Sukhikh, and A. A. Yarilin, “Expression of regulatory T-lymphocyte phenotype in human fetal hemopoietic and lymphoid cell culture,” Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 141, no. 4, pp. 524–529, 2006.
- V. O. Polyakova, I. M. Kvetnoy, S. S. Konovalov, P. N. Zezulin, and I. V. Knyazkin, “Age-related differences in expression of signal differentiation factors for human thymic epithelial cells,” Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 144, no. 2, pp. 235–237, 2007.
- V. K. Khavinson and V. G. Morozov, “Peptides of pineal gland and thymus prolong human life,” Neuroendocrinology Letters, vol. 24, no. 3-4, pp. 233–240, 2003.
- I. M. Kvetnoy, V. O. Polyakova, A. V. Trofimov et al., “Hormonal function and proliferative activity of thymic cells in humans: immunocytochemical correlations,” Neuroendocrinology Letters, vol. 24, no. 3-4, pp. 263–268, 2003.
- V. N. Anisimov and V. K. Khavinson, “Peptide bioregulation of aging: results and prospects,” Biogerontology, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 139–149, 2010.
- E. I. Grigor'ev, V. K. Khavinson, V. V. Malinin, A. E. Grigor'ev, and T. A. Kudryavtseva, “Role of aqueous medium in mechanisms underlying the influence of immunoreactive peptides ultralow doses,” Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 136, no. 2, pp. 150–154, 2003.
- V. Kh. Khavinson and V. V. Malinin, Gerontological Aspects of Genome Peptide Regulation, Basle, Switzerland, Karger, 2005.
- I. M. Kvetnoy, J. Hernández-Yago, J. M. Hernández, T. V. Kvetnaia, R. J. Reiter, and V. Kh. Khavinson, “Diffuse neuroendocrine system and mitochondrial diseases: molecular and cellular bases of pathogenesis, new approaches to diagnosis and therapy,” Neuroendocrinology Letters, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 83–99, 2000.
- T. Yamamoto, S. I. Morita, R. Go et al., “Clonally expanding thymocytes having lineage capability in gamma-ray-induced mouse atrophic thymus,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 235–243, 2010.
- V. Kh. Khavinson, N. S. Linkova, A. V. Trofimov, V. O. Polyakova, N. N. Sevostyanova, and I. M. Kvetnoy, “Morphofunctional fundamentals for peptide regulation of aging,” Biology Bulletin Reviews, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 389–393, 2011.