- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 819524, 8 pages
Monitoring of the Physical and Chemical Properties of a Gasoline Engine Oil during Its Usage
1Department of Chemistry, Shahreza Branch, Islamic Azad University, Isfahan, Shasreza 86145-311, Iran
2Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Shahrekord, Shahrekord 88186-34141, Iran
3R&D Unit, Barzin Sepand Sepahan Company, Dehagh Industrial City, Isfahan 19615-134, Iran
4Quality Control Unit, Sepahan Oil Company, Isfahan 15119-15513, Iran
Received 7 November 2011; Revised 23 January 2012; Accepted 24 January 2012
Academic Editor: FakhrEldin O. Suliman
Copyright © 2012 Behnam Rahimi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. M. Mortier, M. F. Fox, and S. T. Orszulik, Chemistry and Technology of Lubricants, Springer, 2010.
- G. Denis, H. Briant, and B. Hipeaux, Lubricant Properties Analysis and Testing, Editions TECHNIP, 2000.
- D. Troyer and J. Fitch, Oil Analysis Basics, Noria Corporation, 2001.
- L. A. Toms, Machinery Oil Analysis—Methods, Automation & Benefits, STLE, 3rd edition, 2008.
- J. Fitch, Source Book for Used Oil Elements, Noria Corporation, 2001.
- J. S. Evans, Oil Analysis Handbook (Coxmoor's Machine & Systems Condition Monitoring), Coxmoor, 2008.
- R. F. Haycock, A. J. Caines, and J. E. Hillier, Automotive Lubricants Reference Book, SAE, 2004.
- J. G. Speight, Handbook of Petroleum Product Analysis, Wiley Intersciences, New Jersey, NJ, USA, 2002.
- V. Macián, B. Tormos, P. Olmeda, and L. Montoro, “Analytical approach to wear rate determination for internal combustion engine condition monitoring based on oil analysis,” Tribology International, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 771–776, 2003.
- R. E. Kauffman, “Complete oil analysis technique,” US patent 5071527, 1991.
- A. Prabhakaran and C. R. Jagga, “Condition monitoring of steam turbine-generator through contamination analysis of used lubricating oil,” Tribology International, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 145–152, 1999.
- A. Verlinden, “Laboratories at work: used oil analysis at wear check, Belgium,” TriboTest, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 331–346, 1995.
- R. A. A. Munoz, P. V. Oliveira, and L. Angnes, “Combination of ultrasonic extraction and stripping analysis: an effective and reliable way for the determination of Cu and Pb in lubricating oils,” Talanta, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 850–856, 2006.
- P. K. Tamrakar and K. S. Pitre, “Electroanalysis of trace metals in lubricating oils,” Bulletin of Electrochemistry, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 35–40, 2002.
- R. A. A. Munoz, C. S. Silva, P. V. Oliveria, and L. Angnes, “Potentiometric stripping analysis for simultaneous determination of copper and lead in lubriatig oils after total digestion in a focused microwave-assisted oven,” Microchimica Acta, pp. 199–204, 2005.
- J. G. Antón and J. R. Grima, “Determination of zinc in lubricating oil by polarography of emulsified samples,” Fresenius' Journal of Analytical Chemistry, vol. 343, no. 12, pp. 905–906, 1992.
- M. P. Granchi, J. A. Biggerstaff, L. J. Milliard, and P. Grey, “Use of a robot and flow injection for automated sample preparation and analysis of used oils by ICP emission spectrometry,” Spectrochimica Acta Part B, vol. 42, no. 1-2, pp. 169–180, 1987.
- F. R. van de Voort, J. Sedman, V. Yaylayan, and C. Saint-Laurent, “Saint-laurent, the determination of acid and base number in lubricants by FTIR spectroscopy,” Applied Spectroscopy, vol. 57, no. 11, pp. 1425–1431, 2003.
- F. R. Van De Voort, J. Sedman, V. Yaylayan, and C. Saint Laurent, “Determination of acid number and base number in lubricants by fourier transform infrared spectroscopy,” Applied Spectroscopy, vol. 57, no. 11, pp. 1425–1431, 2003.
- R. Q. Aucélio, R. M. de Souza, R. C. de Campos, N. Miekeley, and C. L. P. da Silveira, “The determination of trace metals in lubricating oils by atomic spectrometry,” Spectrochimica Acta B, vol. 62, no. 9, pp. 952–961, 2007.
- Y. H. Khraisha and I. M. Shbib, “Thermal analysis of shale oil using thermogravimetry and differential scanning gravimetry,” Energy Conversion & Manangement, vol. 43, pp. 229–239, 2002.
- M. Pouzar, T. Cernohorsky, and A. Krejocova, “Detrmination of metals in lubricating oils by X- ray fluorescence spectrometry,” Talanta, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 829–835, 2001.
- P. Yaroshchyk, R. J. S. Morrison, D. Body, and B. L. Chadwick, “Quantitative determination of wear metals in engine oils using laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy: a comparison between liquid jets and static liquids,” Spectrochimica Acta B, vol. 60, no. 7-8, pp. 986–992, 2005.
- C. M. Gambrill, A. G. Gassmann, and W. R. O'Neill, “Spectrographic analysis of new and used lubricating oils,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 1365–1369, 1951.
- M. H. Jones, “Ferrography applied to diesel engine oil analysis,” Wear, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 93–103, 1979.
- T. J. Cardwell, R. Colton, N. Lambropoulos, J. C. Traeger, and P. J. Marriott, “Electrospray mass spectrometry of zinc dithiophosphate derivatives and its application to the analysis of engine oil antiwear additives,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 280, no. 2, pp. 239–244, 1993.
- D. M. Levermore, M. Josowicz, W. S. Rees, and J. Janata, “Headspace analysis of engine oil by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 73, no. 6, pp. 1361–1365, 2001.
- L. R. Rudnick, Synthetic, Mineral Oils and Bio-Based Lubricants, Taylor & Francis, 2006.
- T. Mang and W. Dresel, Lubricants and Lubrication, Wiley VCH, 2nd edition, 2007.
- H. S. Langeroodi and A. Semnani, “Behavior of esters in blend and its possible application,” African Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 241–246, 2009.
- A. Semnani and H. S. Langeroodi, “An investigation on the behavior of solvent neutral 500: polyisobutene blends,” Petroleum Science and Technology. In press.
- H. S. Langeroodi and A. Semnani, “the production of a group (iii) base oil and investigation on its polyisobutene blends,” Petroleum Science and Technology. In press.
- Noria Corporation, Noria Sampaling Procedures Manual, Noria Corporation, 2010.
- L. R. Rudnick, Lubricant Additives, Chemistry and Application, Taylor and Francis, 2003.
- M. R. Ranney, Synthetic Oils and Additives for Lubricants, Noyes Data, 1978.
- S. Q. A. Rizvi, ASM Hand Book, vol. 18, ASM International, 1992.
- A. M. Barnes, K. D. Bartle, and V. R. A. Thibon, “A review of zinc dialkyldithiophosphates (ZDDPS): characterisation and role in the lubricating oil,” Tribology International, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 389–395, 2001.
- D. M. Pirro, A. A. Wessol, J. G. Wills, et al., Lubrication Fundamentals, Marcel Dekker, 2001.
- T. C. Davenport, The Rheology of Lubricants, Wiley, 1973.
- H. A. Wary, Manual on Flash Point Standards and Their Use, ASTM, West Conshohoken, Pa, USA, 1992.