- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 384875, 14 pages
Use of Physical and Intellectual Activities and Socialization in the Management of Cognitive Decline of Aging and in Dementia: A Review
Department of Medicine (Geriatrics) and Centre for Neuroscience, Queen’s University, Kingston, ON, Canada K7L 5A2
Received 7 July 2012; Accepted 31 October 2012
Academic Editor: Richard F. Gillum
Copyright © 2012 Myuri Ruthirakuhan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Donna M. Fick, Brittney DiMeglio, Jane A. McDowell, and Jeanne Mathis-Halpin, “Do You Know Your Patient? Knowing Individuals with Dementia Combined with Evidence-Based Care Promotes Function and Satisfaction in Hospitalized Older Adults,” Journal of Gerontological Nursing, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 2–4, 2013.
- Gjumrakch Aliev, Ghulam Md Ashraf, Yury G. Kaminsky, Ishfaq Ahmed Sheikh, Sergey K. Sudakov, Nikolay N. Yakhno, Valery V. Benberin, and Sergey O. Bachurin, “Implication of the Nutritional and Nonnutritional Factors in the Context of Preservation of Cognitive Performance in Patients With Dementia/Depression and Alzheimer Disease,” American Journal of Alzheimers Disease and Other Dementias, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 660–670, 2013.
- Yi-Chen Chiu, Ann M. Kolanowski, Chien-Ying Huang, Li-Jung Lin, Ting-Huan Chang, Kuang-Hung Hsu, Chaur-Jong Flu, and Ying-Jen Chen, “Leisure-time physical activity and neuropsychiatric symptoms of community-dwelling persons with cognitive impairment,” Geriatric Nursing, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 345–350, 2014.
- Nicolas Farina, Naji Tabet, and Jennifer Rusted, “Habitual physical activity as a factor in sustained executive function in Alzheimer-type dementia: A cohort study,” Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 2014.
- Mary Yannakoulia, Meropi Kontogianni, and Nikolaos Scarmeas, “Cognitive health and Mediterranean: Just diet or lifestyle pattern?,” Ageing Research Reviews, 2014.
- Thais Cristina Galdino De Oliveira, Fernanda Cabral Soares, Liliane Dias E. Dias De Macedo, Domingos Luiz Wanderley Picanco Diniz, Natali Valim Oliver Bento-Torres, and Cristovam Wanderley Picanco-Diniz, “Beneficial effects of multisensory and cognitive stimulation on age-related cognitive decline in long-term-care institutions,” Clinical Interventions in Aging, vol. 9, pp. 309–321, 2014.
- Jennifer Rose V. Molano, Robin Bratt, and Rhonna Shatz, “Treatment and Management of Dementia Due to Alzheimer's Disease,” Current Treatment Options In Neurology, vol. 17, no. 8, 2015.
- Lucy Nelson, and Naji Tabet, “Slowing the progression of Alzheimer's Disease; what works?,” Ageing Research Reviews, 2015.
- Tuan D. Pham, Mayumi Oyama-Higa, Cong-Thang Truong, Kazushi Okamoto, Terufumi Futaba, Shigeru Kanemoto, Masahide Sugiyama, and Lisa Lampe, “Computerized Assessment of Communication for Cognitive Stimulation for People with Cognitive Decline Using Spectral-Distortion Measures and Phylogenet,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 3, 2015.
- Liliane Dias E. Dias de Macedo, Thais Cristina Galdino De Oliveira, Fernanda Cabral Soares, Joao Bento-Torres, Natali Valim Oliver Bento-Torres, Daniel Clive Anthony, and Cristovam Wanderley Picanco-Diniz, “Beneficial effects of multisensory and cognitive stimulation in institutionalized elderly: 12-months follow-up,” Clinical Interventions In Aging, vol. 10, pp. 1351–1360, 2015.
- Justin Chew, Mei-Sian Chong, Yoke-Leng Fong, and Laura Tay, “Outcomes of a multimodal cognitive and physical rehabilitation program for persons with mild dementia and their caregivers: a goal-oriented approach,” Clinical Interventions In Aging, vol. 10, pp. 1687–1694, 2015.
- Ester Cerin, Stephanie R. Rainey-Smith, David Ames, Nicola T. Lautenschlager, S. Lance Macaulay, Christopher Fowler, Joanne S. Robertson, Christopher C. Rowe, Paul Maruff, Ralph N. Martins, Colin L. Masters, and Kathryn A. Ellis, “Associations of neighborhood environment with brain imaging outcomes in the AIBL cohort,” Alzheimer's & Dementia, 2016.
- Marina Cujzek, and Andrea Vranic, “Computerized tabletop games as a form of a video game training for old-old,” Aging, Neuropsychology, and Cognition, pp. 1–18, 2016.
- Tejal M. Shah, Michael Weinborn, Giuseppe Verdile, Hamid R. Sohrabi, and Ralph N. Martins, “Enhancing Cognitive Functioning in Healthly Older Adults: a Systematic Review of the Clinical Significance of Commercially Available Computerized Cognitive Training in Preventing Cognitive Decline,” Neuropsychology Review, 2017.