- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 342650, 6 pages
A Growing Troubling Triad: Diabetes, Aging, and Falls
Center for Lower Extremity Ambulatory Research (CLEAR), Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 3333 Green Bay Road, North Chicago, IL 60064, USA
Received 5 December 2012; Accepted 11 January 2013
Academic Editor: Neil D. Reeves
Copyright © 2013 Ryan T. Crews et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- R. Mendes, N. Sousa, V. M. Reis, and J. L. Themudo-Barata, “Prevention of exercise-related injuries and adverse events in patients with type 2 diabetes,” Postgraduate Medical Journal, vol. 89, no. 1058, pp. 715–721, 2013.
- Carolyn Kelly, Adam Fleischer, Sai Yalla, Gurtej S. Grewal, Rachel Albright, Dana Berns, Ryan Crews, and Bijan Najafi, “Fear of Falling Is Prevalent in Older Adults with Diabetes Mellitus But Is Unrelated to Level of Neuropathy,” Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, vol. 103, no. 6, pp. 480–488, 2013.
- I.-K. Wang, H.-J. Chen, Y.-K. Cheng, Y.-Y. Wu, S.-Y. Lin, C.-Y. Chou, C.-T. Chang, T.-H. Yen, F.-R. Chuang, F.-C. Sung, and C. Y. Hsu, “Subdural hematoma in diabetic patients,” European Journal of Neurology, 2014.
- Brenda K. Wiederhold, Ahmad Soomro, Giuseppe Riva, and Mark D. Wiederhold, “Future Directions: Advances and Implications of Virtual Environments Designed for Pain Management,” Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 414–422, 2014.
- S. Morrison, S.R. Colberg, H.K. Parson, and A.I. Vinik, “Exercise improves gait, reaction time and postural stability in older adults with type 2 diabetes and neuropathy,” Journal of Diabetes and its Complications, 2014.
- Gwendolyn L. Boyd, “Aging and Neuropathy,” International Anesthesiology Clinics, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 109–125, 2014.
- Francesc Formiga, David Chivite, Domingo Ruiz, Margarita Navarro, J.M Perez Castejon, Enric Duaso, Abelardo Montero, Alfonso Lopez-Soto, and Xavier Corbella, “Clinical Evidence of Diabetes Mellitus End-Organ Damage as Risk Factor for Falls Complicated by Hip Fracture: a Multi-center Study of 1225 Patients,” Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 2015.
- Anna Chapman, Claudia Meyer, Emma Renehan, Keith D. Hill, and Colette J. Browning, “Exercise interventions for the improvement of falls-related outcomes among older adults with diabetes mellitus: A systematic review and meta-analyses,” Journal of Diabetes and its Complications, 2016.
- Yu Yang, Xinhua Hu, Qiang Zhang, and Rui Zou, “Diabetes mellitus and risk of falls in older adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Age and Ageing, 2016.
- Ryan T. Crews, Kristin L. Schneider, Sai V. Yalla, Neil D. Reeves, and Loretta Vileikyte, “Physiological and psychological challenges of increasing physical activity and exercise in patients at risk of diabetic foot ulcers: a critical review,” Diabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 791–804, 2016.
- Romeu Mendes, Nelson Sousa, Jose Themudo-Barata, and Victor Reis, “Impact of a community-based exercise programme on physical fitness in middle-aged and older patients with type 2 diabetes,” Gaceta Sanitaria, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 215–220, 2016.
- Patricia Hewston, and Nandini Deshpande, “Falls and Balance Impairments in Older Adults with Type 2 Diabetes: Thinking Beyond Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy,” Canadian Journal Of Diabetes, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 6–9, 2016.
- Ling-Chun Ou, Yin-Fan Chang, Chin-Sung Chang, Ting-Hsing Chao, Ruey-Mo Lin, Zih-Jie Sun, and Chih-Hsing Wu, “Relationship between the FRAX® score and falls in community-dwelling middle-aged and elderly people,” Osteoporosis and Sarcopenia, 2016.