- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 791679, 10 pages
Sarcopenia, a Neurogenic Syndrome?
ST013a, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Received 30 July 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editor: Louis Bherer
Copyright © 2013 Ping Kwan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ping Kwan, and Gabriel Ng, “Sarcopenia: The gliogenic perspective,” Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, 2013.
- Thierry Paillard, “Neuromuscular system and aging: involutions and implications,” Geriatrie et Psychologie Neuropsychiatrie de Vieillissement, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 379–387, 2013.
- Jing Jye Lim, Wan Zurinah Wan Ngah, Vincent Mouly, and Norwahidah Abdul Karim, “Reversal of Myoblast Aging by Tocotrienol Rich Fraction Posttreatment,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Michael Drey, Benjamin Krieger, Cornel C. Sieber, Jürgen M. Bauer, Stefan Hettwer, and Thomas Bertsch, “Motoneuron Loss Is Associated With Sarcopenia,” Journal of the American Medical Directors Association, 2014.
- Carel G. M. Meskers, Jurriaan H. de Groot, Erwin de Vlugt, and Alfred C. Schouten, “NeuroControl of movement: system identification approach for clinical benefit,” Frontiers in Integrative Neuroscience, vol. 9, 2015.
- Victoria L. Keevil, and Roman Romero-Ortuno, “Ageing well: a review of sarcopenia and frailty,” Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, pp. 1–11, 2015.
- Ping Kwan, “Osteoporosis: from osteoscience to neuroscience and beyond,” Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, 2015.
- Jonathan E. Elliott, Sarah M. Greising, Carlos B. Mantilla, and Gary C. Sieck, “Functional impact of sarcopenia in respiratory muscles,” Respiratory Physiology & Neurobiology, 2015.
- Vidya S. Krishnan, Zoe White, Chris D. McMahon, Stuart I. Hodgetts, Melinda Fitzgerald, Tea Shavlakadze, Alan R. Harvey, and Miranda D. Grounds, “A Neurogenic Perspective of Sarcopenia: Time Course Study of Sciatic Nerves From Aging Mice,” Journal of Neuropathology & Experimental Neurology, pp. nlw019, 2016.
- Francesco Landi, Riccardo Calvani, Maria Lorenzi, Anna Maria Martone, Matteo Tosato, Michael Drey, Emanuela D'Angelo, Ettore Capoluongo, Andrea Russo, Roberto Bernabei, Graziano Onder, and Emanuele Marzetti, “Serum levels of C-terminal agrin fragment (CAF) are associated with sarcopenia in older multimorbid community-dwellers: Results from the ilSIRENTE study,” Experimental Gerontology, 2016.