Retraction | Open Access
Journal of Chemistry, "Retracted: Development of Ecofriendly Corrosion Inhibitors for Application in Acidization of Petroleum Oil Well", Journal of Chemistry, vol. 2019, Article ID 1370570, 1 page, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/1370570
Retracted: Development of Ecofriendly Corrosion Inhibitors for Application in Acidization of Petroleum Oil Well
The article titled “Development of Ecofriendly Corrosion Inhibitors for Application in Acidization of Petroleum Oil Well”  has been retracted. The article was found to contain images reused in several other articles published by Mahendra Yadav and colleagues. The details of the reuse of images are as follows: Figure 9(a) is similar to Figure 11(a) in , Figure 14(a) in , Figure 5(a) in , and Figure 11(a) in .
We asked the authors to provide the underlying uncropped and unadjusted scanning electron microscopy (SEM) images, the raw data, and details of how the experiments were conducted.
The corresponding author, Dr. Yadav, said the SEM work was outsourced but did not give details on where, when, or by whom this work was performed. The equipment is described as a “Scanning Electron Microscope model SEM Jeol JSM-5800” in this article. However, there is no description of the scanning electron microscope in  and in , and it is described as a “JEOL JSM-6380 LA analytical scanning electron microscope.” These are not the same model of the microscope, despite these articles sharing some of the same SEM images.
Dr. Yadav provided us with replacement figures. However, they were identical for two of the articles [1, 6], despite representing experiments with the inhibitors AMPT and ODAEODI, respectively. We were not told how these images were generated; the images were of low resolution and the text in the images was illegible.
The corresponding author agreed to retraction, and we have asked the institution to formally investigate.
- M. Yadav, S. Kumar, and P. N. Yadav, “Development of ecofriendly corrosion inhibitors for application in acidization of petroleum oil well,” Journal of Chemistry, vol. 2013, Article ID 618684, 9 pages, 2013.
- M. Yadav, S. Kumar, and P. N. Yadav, “Corrosion inhibition of tubing steel during acidization of oil and gas wells,” Journal of Petroleum Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 354630, 9 pages, 2013.
- M. Yadav, U. Sharma, and P. Yadav, “Corrosion inhibitive properties of some new isatin derivatives on corrosion of N80 steel in 15% HCl,” International Journal of Industrial Chemistry, vol. 4, no. 1, p. 6, 2013.
- M. Yadav, P. N. Yadav, and U. Sharma, “Substituted imidazoles as corrosion inhibitors for N80 steel in hydrochloric acid,” Indian Journal of Chemical Technology, vol. 20, pp. 363–370, 2013, http://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/23662/1/IJCT%2020%286%29%20363-370.pdf.
- M. Yadav, S. Kumar, U. Sharma, and P. N. Yadav, “Substituted amines as corrosion inhibitors for N80 steel in 15% HCl,” Journal of Materials and Environmental Science, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 691–700, 2013, http://www.jmaterenvironsci.com/Document/vol4/vol4_N5/97-JMES-386-2013-Yadav.pdf.
- M. Yadav, S. Kumar, and D. Behera, “Inhibition effect of substituted thiadiazoles on corrosion activity of N80 steel in HCl solution,” Journal of Metallurgy, vol. 2013, Article ID 256403, 14 pages, 2013.
Copyright © 2019 Journal of Chemistry. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.