- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 173931, 13 pages
A Secure Image Encryption Algorithm Based on Rubik's Cube Principle
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Laval University, QC, Canada G1K 7P4
Received 22 August 2011; Accepted 15 November 2011
Academic Editor: Fouad Khelifi
Copyright © 2012 Khaled Loukhaoukha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Liu, L. Xu, C. Lin, J. Dai, and S. Liu, “Image encryption scheme by using iterative random phase encoding in gyrator transform domains,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 542–546, 2011.
- Q. Guo, Z. Liu, and S. Liu, “Color image encryption by using Arnold and discrete fractional random transforms in IHS space,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 1174–1181, 2010.
- Z. Liu, H. Chen, T. Liu, et al., “Image encryption by using gyrator transform and Arnold transform,” Journal of Electronic Imaging, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 345–351, 1993.
- R. Tao, X. Y. Meng, and Y. Wang, “Image encryption with multiorders of fractional fourier transforms,” IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 734–738, 2010.
- R. Zunino, “Fractal circuit layout for spatial decorrelation of images,” Electronics Letters, vol. 34, no. 20, pp. 1929–1930, 1998.
- G. Zhang and Q. Liu, “A novel image encryption method based on total shuffling scheme,” Optics Communications, vol. 284, no. 12, pp. 2775–2780, 2011.
- X.-Y. Zhao and G. Chen, “Ergodic matrix in image encryption,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Image and Graphics, vol. 4875, pp. 394–401, August 2002.
- Z.-L. Zhu, W. Zhang, K.-W. Wong, and H. Yu, “A chaos-based symmetric image encryption scheme using a bit-level permutation,” Information Sciences, vol. 181, no. 6, pp. 1171–1186, 2011.
- C. K. Huang and H. H. Nien, “Multi chaotic systems based pixel shuffle for image encryption,” Optics Communications, vol. 282, no. 11, pp. 2123–2127, 2009.
- G. Chen, Y. Mao, and C. K. Chui, “A symmetric image encryption scheme based on 3D chaotic cat maps,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 749–761, 2004.
- X. Y. Wang, L. Yang, R. Liu, and A. Kadir, “A chaotic image encryption algorithm based on perceptron model,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 615–621, 2010.
- Y. Wang, K. W. Wong, X. Liao, and G. Chen, “A new chaos-based fast image encryption algorithm,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 514–522, 2011.
- S. Li, C. Li, G. Chen, N. G. Bourbakis, and K. T. Lo, “A general quantitative cryptanalysis of permutation-only multimedia ciphers against plaintext attacks,” Signal Processing: Image Communication, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 212–223, 2008.
- C. K. Huang, H. H. Nien, S. K. Changchien, and H. W. Shieh, “Image encryption with chaotic random codes by grey relational grade and Taguchi method,” Optics Communications, vol. 280, no. 2, pp. 300–310, 2007.
- S. Mazloom and A. M. Eftekhari-Moghadam, “Color image encryption based on Coupled Nonlinear Chaotic Map,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 1745–1754, 2009.
- Y. Tang, Z. Wang, and J. A. Fang, “Image encryption using chaotic coupled map lattices with time-varying delays,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 2456–2468, 2010.
- C. E. Shannon, “Communication theory of secrecy systems,” Bell System Technical Journal, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 656–715, 1949.
- O. Edward, Chaos in Dynamical Systems, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2nd edition, 2003.
- M. S. Baptista, “Cryptography with chaos,” Physics Letters, Section A, vol. 240, no. 1-2, pp. 50–54, 1998.
- K. W. Wong, S. W. Ho, and C. K. Yung, “A chaotic cryptography scheme for generating short ciphertext,” Physics Letters, Section A, vol. 310, no. 1, pp. 67–73, 2003.
- T. Xiang, X. Liao, G. Tang, Y. Chen, and K. W. Wong, “A novel block cryptosystem based on iterating a chaotic map,” Physics Letters, Section A, vol. 349, no. 1–4, pp. 109–115, 2006.
- Z. Lin and H. Wang, “Efficient image encryption using a chaos-based PWL memristor,” IETE Technical Review, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 318–325, 2010.