- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 245895, 12 pages
Power Allocation in the TV White Space under Constraint on Secondary System Self-Interference
Department of Communications and Networking, School of Electrical Engineering, Aalto University,
02150 Espoo, Finland
Received 10 February 2012; Revised 30 April 2012; Accepted 26 June 2012
Academic Editor: Paul Dan Cristea
Copyright © 2012 Byungjin Cho et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Zander, J. Kronander, A. Achtzehn, M. Nekovee, K. W. Sung, and S.-L. Kim, “QUASAR scenarios for white space assessments and exploitation,” in URSI EMC Conference, Worclaw, Poland, September 2010.
- K. Ruttik, K. Koufos, and R. Jäntti, “Modeling of the secondary system's generated interference and studying of its impact on the secondary system design,” Radioengineering, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 488–493, 2010.
- Technical and operational requirements for the possible operation of cognitive radio systems in the white spaces of the frequency band 470-790 MHz, ECC Report 159 (under public consultation), 2010, http://www.ero.dk/.
- In the Matter of Unlicensed Operation in the TV Broadcast Bands: second Memorandum Opinion and Order, Federal Communications Commission, FCC 10-174, 2010, http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-10-174A1.pdf.
- R. Jäntti, J. Kerttula, K. Koufos, and K. Ruttik, “Aggregate interference with FCC and ECC white space usage rules: case study in Finland,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks (DySPAN '11), pp. 599–602, May 2011.
- M. Vu, N. Devroye, and V. Tarokh, “On the primary exclusive region of cognitive networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 3380–3385, 2009.
- N. Hoven and A. Sahai, “Power scaling for cognitive radio,” in WirelessCom Symposium on Emerging Networks, Technologies and Standards, June 2005.
- S. A. R. Zaidi, D. C. Mclernon, M. Ghogho, and B. Zafar, “On outage and interference in 802. 22 cognitive radio networks under deterministic network geometry,” in Proceedings of the ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiCom '09), Beijing, China, September 2009.
- N. S. Shankar and C. Cordeiro, “Analysis of aggregated interference at DTV receivers in TV bands,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks and Communications (CrownCom '08), May 2008.
- E. Larsson and M. Skoglund, “Cognitive radio in a frequency-planned environment: some basic limits,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 4800–4806, 2008.
- K. Koufos, K. Ruttik, and R. J. Jäntti, “Controlling the interference from multiple secondary systems at the TV cell border,” in Proceedings of the Annual IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC '11), Toronto, Canada, September 2011.
- W. Lu, Broadband Wireless Mobile: 3G and Beyond, Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2002.
- A. Sadek and S. Shellhammer, “Aggregate interference at a DTV receiver for a hexagonal cell structure,” IEEE 802. 22-07/0411r1, 2007.
- G. L. Stüber, Principles of Mobile Communications, Publishers, Kluwer Academic, 1996.
- P. Cardieri and T. S. Rappaport, “Statistical analysis of co-channel interference in wireless communications systems,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 111–121, 2001.
- Z. Q. Luo and S. Zhang, “Dynamic spectrum management: complexity and duality,” IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Signal Processing, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 57–73, 2008.
- C. W. Sung, “Log-convexity property of the feasible SIR region in power-controlled cellular systems,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 248–249, 2002.
- L. P. Qian, Y. J. Zhang, and J. Huang, “MAPEL: achieving global optimality for a non-convex wireless power control problem,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 1553–1563, 2009.
- R. Horst and N. V. Thoai, “Dc programming: overview,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 1–43, 1999.
- P. Venkataraman, Applied Optimization with MATLAB Programming, John Wiley & Sons, 2009.
- “Method for point-to-area predictions for terrestrial services in the frequency range 30 MHz to 3000 MHz,” ITU-R P. 1546-4, 2009.
- ERC Report 68, “Monte Carlo Radio Simulation Methodology,” Naples, Italy, 2000.
- U. Reimers, DVB-the Family of International Standards for Digital Video Broadcasting, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2nd edition, 2005.
- K. Ruttik, K. Koufos, and R. Jantti, “Computation of aggregate interference from multiple secondary transmitters,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 437–439, 2011.
- “Final Acts of the Regional Radiocommunication Conference for planning of the digital terrestrial broadcasting service in parts of Regions 1 and 3, in the frequency bands 174-230 MHz and 470-862 MHz (RRC-06),” ITU-R, 2006.
- K. Harrison and A. Sahai, “Potential collapse of whitespaces and the prospect for a universal power rule,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks (DySPAN '11), pp. 316–327, May 2011.