- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 357591, 6 pages
Mycobacterium bovis Bacillus Calmette-Guérin-Induced Macrophage Cytotoxicity against Bladder Cancer Cells
Department of Urology, University of Iowa, 375 Newton Road, 3202 MERF, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Received 15 June 2010; Accepted 16 August 2010
Academic Editor: Bernhard Fleischer
Copyright © 2010 Yi Luo and Matthew J. Knudson. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hiroshi Kitamura, and Taiji Tsukamoto, “Immunotherapy for urothelial carcinoma: Current status and perspectives,” Cancers, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 3055–3072, 2011.
- Qingbo Li, “Phagosome proteomics: A powerful tool to assess bacteria-mediated immunomodulation,” Bioengineered Bugs, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 194–198, 2011.
- Hao Yu, “Bacteria-mediated disease therapy,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 92, no. 6, pp. 1107–1113, 2011.
- Diana M Rommelfanger, Marta C Grau, Rosa M Diaz, Elizabeth Ilett, Luis Alvarez-Vallina, Jill M Thompson, Timothy J Kottke, Alan Melcher, and Richard G Vile, “The Efficacy Versus Toxicity Profile of Combination Virotherapy and TLR Immunotherapy Highlights the Danger of Administering TLR Agonists to Oncolytic Virus-treated Mice,” Molecular Therapy, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 348–357, 2012.
- Goshi Kato, Hidehiro Kondo, Takashi Aoki, and Ikuo Hirono, “Mycobacterium bovis BCG vaccine induces non-specific immune responses in Japanese flounder against Nocardia seriolae,” Fish & Shellfish Immunology, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 243–250, 2012.
- Krzysztof Bryniarski, and Katarzyna Nazimek, “The biological activity of macrophages in health and disease,” Postepy Higieny I Medycyny Doswiadczalnej, vol. 66, pp. 507–520, 2012.
- Xing-Qing Pan, “The mechanism of the anticancer function of M1 macrophages and their use in the clinic,” Chinese Journal of Cancer, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 557–563, 2012.
- Adele Mount, Sandra Koernig, Anabel Silva, Debbie Drane, Eugene Maraskovsky, and Adriana Baz Morelli, “Combination of adjuvants: the future of vaccine design,” Expert Review of Vaccines, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 733–746, 2013.
- Brant A. Inman, “Re: Final Results of an EORTC-GU Cancers Group Randomized Study of Maintenance Bacillus Calmette-Guérin in Intermediate- and High-risk Ta, T1 Papillary Carcinoma of the Urinary Bladder: One-third Dose Versus Full Dose and 1 Year Versus 3 Years of Maintenance,” European Urology, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 171–172, 2013.
- Michele De Palma, and Claire E. Lewis, “Macrophage Regulation of Tumor Responses to Anticancer Therapies,” Cancer Cell, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 277–286, 2013.
- Kristen B Long, and Gregory L Beatty, “Harnessing the antitumor potential of macrophages for cancer immunotherapy,” OncoImmunology, vol. 2, no. 12, pp. e26860, 2013.
- Koji Kawai, Jun Miyazaki, Akira Joraku, Hiroyuki Nishiyama, and Hideyuki Akaza, “Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) immunotherapy for bladder cancer: Current understanding and perspectives on engineered BCG vaccine,” Cancer Science, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 22–27, 2013.
- David B Thompson, Larry E Siref, Michael P Feloney, Ralph J Hauke, and Devendra K Agrawal, “Immunological basis in the pathogenesis and treatment of bladder cancer,” Expert Review of Clinical Immunology, pp. 1–15, 2014.
- Hilda Chávez-Navarro, Daniel Dimitri Hernández-Cueto, Ariel Vilchis-Estrada, David César Bermúdez-Pulido, Gabriela Antonio-Andrés, and Rosendo Luria-Pérez, “Salmonella enterica: un aliado en la terapia contra el cáncer,” Boletín Médico del Hospital Infantil de México, 2015.
- K. R. Begnini, J. H. Buss, T. Collares, and F. K. Seixas, “Recombinant Mycobacterium bovis BCG for immunotherapy in nonmuscle invasive bladder cancer,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2015.
- Zhiqun Shang, Yanjun Li, Minghao Zhang, Jing Tian, Ruifa Han, Chih-Rong Shyr, Edward Messing, Shuyuan Yeh, Yuanjie Niu, and Chawnshang Chang, “Antiandrogen Therapy with Hydroxyflutamide or Androgen Receptor Degradation Enhancer ASC-J9 Enhances BCG Efficacy to Better Suppress Bladder Cancer Pr,” Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 2586–2594, 2015.
- Cristina Belgiovine, Maurizio D’Incalci, Paola Allavena, and Roberta Frapolli, “Tumor-associated macrophages and anti-tumor therapies: complex links,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, 2016.
- L. V. Sakhno, E. Ya. Shevela, M. A. Tikhonova, A. A. Ostanin, and E. R. Chernykh, “The Phenotypic and Functional Features of Human M2 Macrophages Generated Under Low Serum Conditions,” Scandinavian Journal of Immunology, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 151–159, 2016.
- Liang Piao, Zhao Canguo, Lu Wenjie, Cheng Xiaoli, Shi Wenli, and Lu Li, “Lipopolysaccharides-stimulated macrophage products enhance Withaferin A-induced apoptosis via activation of caspases and inhibition of NF-κB pathway in human cancer cells,” Molecular Immunology, vol. 81, pp. 92–101, 2017.