- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 768201, 7 pages
Nanoparticles of Conjugated Methotrexate-Human Serum Albumin: Preparation and Cytotoxicity Evaluations
1Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, P.O. Box 14155-6451, Tehran, Iran
2Nanotechnology Research Centre, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
3Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
4Drug Design and Development Research Centre, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
5Faculty of Medicine, Ahvaz Jundishapur University of Medical Science, P.O. Box 12244-9876, Ahvaz, Iran
Received 1 June 2010; Revised 5 July 2010; Accepted 1 August 2010
Academic Editor: Libo Wu
Copyright © 2011 Azade Taheri et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Chen, B. Gu, H. Wang, J. Pan, W. Lu, and H. Hou, “Development and evaluation of novel itraconazole-loaded intravenous nanoparticles,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 362, no. 1-2, pp. 133–140, 2008.
- S. Das, R. Banerjee, and J. Bellare, “Aspirin loaded albumin nanoparticles by coacervation: implications in drug delivery,” Trends in Biomaterials and Artificial Organs, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 203–212, 2005.
- F. Esmaeili, R. Dinarvand, M. H. Ghahremani et al., “Docetaxel-albumin conjugates: preparation, in vitro evaluation and biodistribution studies,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 98, no. 8, pp. 2718–2730, 2009.
- T. Tanaka, P. Decuzzi, M. Cristofanilli et al., “Nanotechnology for breast cancer therapy,” Biomedical Microdevices, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 49–63, 2009.
- R. Hertz, J. Lewis Jr., and M. B. Lipsett, “Five years' experience with the chemotherapy of metastatic choriocarcinoma and related trophoblastic tumors in women,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 631–640, 1961.
- J. R. Bertino, “Ode to methotrexate,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 5–14, 1993.
- S. Friberg and S. Mattson, “On the growth rates of human malignant tumors: implications for medical decision making,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 284–297, 1997.
- K. Santhi, S. A. Dhanaraj, M. Koshy, S. Ponnusankar, and B. Suresh, “Study of biodistribution of methotrexate-loaded bovine serum albumin nanospheres in mice,” Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 1293–1296, 2000.
- S. Jayaprakash, S. Mohamed Halith, P. U. Mohamed Firthouse, K. Kulaturanpillai, Abhijith, and M. Nagarajan, “Preparation and evaluation of biodegradable microspheres of methotrexate,” Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 26–29, 2009.
- L. W. Seymour, “Passive tumor targeting of soluble macromolecules and drug conjugates,” Critical Reviews in Therapeutic Drug Carrier Systems, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 135–187, 1992.
- G. Stehle, H. Sinn, A. Wunder et al., “Plasma protein (albumin) catabolism by the tumor itself—implications for tumor metabolism and the genesis of cachexia,” Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 77–100, 1997.
- N. Endo, Y. Kato, and Y. Takeda, “In vitro cytotoxicity of a human serum albumin-mediated conjugate of methotrexate with anti-MM46 monoclonal antibody,” Cancer Research, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 1076–1080, 1987.
- F. Esmaeili, R. Dinarvand, M. H. Ghahremani, S. N. Ostad, H. Esmaily, and F. Atyabi, “Cellular cytotoxicity and in-vivo biodistribution of docetaxel poly(lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticles,” Anti-Cancer Drugs, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 43–52, 2010.
- A. Kosasih, B. J. Bowman, R. J. Wigent, and C. M. Ofner III, “Characterization and in vitro release of methotrexate from gelatin/methotrexate conjugates formed using different preparation variables,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 204, no. 1-2, pp. 81–89, 2000.
- B. Nuernberg, M. Kohlbrenner, R. Faulkner, and D. Furst, “Rapid quantitation of methotrexate and its metabolites in human serum, urine and bile, using solid-phase extraction and high-performance liquid chromatography,” Journal of Chromatography, vol. 487, no. 2, pp. 476–482, 1989.
- A. F. S. A. Habeeb, “Determination of free amino groups in proteins by trinitrobenzenesulfonic acid,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 328–336, 1966.
- N. M. Anande, S. K. Jain, and N. K. Jain, “Con-A conjugated mucoadhesive microspheres for the colonic delivery of diloxanide furoate,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 359, no. 1-2, pp. 182–189, 2008.
- G. Yousefi, S. M. Foroutan, A. Zarghi, and A. Shafaati, “Synthesis and characterization of methotrexate polyethylene glycol esters as a drug delivery system,” Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 147–153, 2010.
- B. Wang, W. Qiao, Y. Wang, L. Yang, Y. Zhang, and P. Shao, “Cancer therapy based on nanomaterials and nanocarrier systems,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2010, Article ID 796303, 9 pages, 2010.
- M. Brzoska, K. Langer, C. Coester, S. Loitsch, T. O. F. Wagner, and C. V. Mallinckrodt, “Incorporation of biodegradable nanoparticles into human airway epithelium cells—in vitro study of the suitability as a vehicle for drug or gene delivery in pulmonary diseases,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 318, no. 2, pp. 562–570, 2004.
- F. Kratz, “Albumin as a drug carrier: design of prodrugs, drug conjugates and nanoparticles,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 132, no. 3, pp. 171–183, 2008.
- M. C. Garnett and R. W. Baldwin, “An improved synthesis of a methotrexate-albumin-791T/36 monoclonal antibody conjugate cytotoxic to human osteogenic sarcoma cell lines,” Cancer Research, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 2407–2412, 1986.
- T. A. John, S. M. Vogel, C. Tiruppathi, A. B. Malik, and R. D. Minshall, “Quantitative analysis of albumin uptake and transport in the rat microvessel endothelial monolayer,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 284, no. 1, pp. L187–L196, 2003.
- W. Schubert, P. G. Frank, B. Razani, D. S. Park, C.-W. Chow, and M. P. Lisanti, “Caveolae-deficient endothelial cells show defects in the uptake and transport of albumin in vivo,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 276, no. 52, pp. 48619–48622, 2001.
- N. Desai, V. Trieu, Z. Yao et al., “Increased antitumor activity, intratumor paclitaxel concentrations, and endothelial cell transport of cremophor-free, albumin-bound paclitaxel, ABI-007, compared with cremophor-based paclitaxel,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 1317–1324, 2006.