- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 278364, 6 pages
Femtosecond Laser-Induced Formation of Wurtzite Phase ZnSe Nanoparticles in Air
1Department of Electrophysics, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu 30010, Taiwan
2Graduate Institute of Electro-optical Engineering, Tatung University, Taipei 104, Taiwan
3Advanced Ultrafast Laser Research Center and Department of Engineering Science, Faculty of Informatics and Engineering, The University of Electro-Communications, 1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
Received 27 March 2012; Revised 21 June 2012; Accepted 9 July 2012
Academic Editor: Marinella Striccoli
Copyright © 2012 Hsuan I Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Bruchez, M. Moronne, P. Gin, S. Weiss, and A. P. Alivisatos, “Semiconductor nanocrystals as fluorescent biological labels,” Science, vol. 281, no. 5385, pp. 2013–2016, 1998.
- R. S. Friedman, M. C. McAlpine, D. S. Ricketts, D. Ham, and C. M. Lieber, “Nanotechnology: high-speed integrated nanowire circuits,” Nature, vol. 434, no. 7037, p. 1085, 2005.
- W. C. W. Chan and S. Nie, “Quantum dot bioconjugates for ultrasensitive nonisotopic detection,” Science, vol. 281, no. 5385, pp. 2016–2018, 1998.
- J. Che, X. Yao, H. Jian, and M. Wang, “Application and preparation of ZnSe nanometer powder by reduction process,” Ceramics International, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 1935–1938, 2004.
- D. Sarigiannis, J. D. Peck, G. Kioseoglou, A. Petrou, and T. J. Mountziaris, “Characterization of vapor-phase-grown ZnSe nanoparticles,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, no. 21, pp. 4024–4026, 2002.
- K. V. Anikin, N. N. Melnik, A. V. Simakin, G. A. Shafeev, V. V. Voronov, and A. G. Vitukhnovsky, “Formation of ZnSe and CdS quantum dots via laser ablation in liquids,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 366, no. 3-4, pp. 357–360, 2002.
- P. Rudolph, N. Schäfer, and T. Fukuda, “Crystal growth of ZnSe from the melt,” Materials Science and Engineering R, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 85–133, 1995.
- Y. P. Leung, W. C. H. Choy, I. Markov, G. K. H. Pang, H. C. Ong, and T. I. Yuk, “Synthesis of wurtzite ZnSe nanorings by thermal evaporation,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 18, Article ID 183110, 2006.
- C. X. Shan, Z. Liu, X. T. Zhang, C. C. Wong, and S. K. Hark, “Wurtzite ZnSe nanowires: growth, photoluminescence, and single-wire Raman properties,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 22, article 006, pp. 5561–5564, 2006.
- L. Jin, W. C. H. Choy, Y. P. Leung, T. I. Yuk, H. C. Ong, and J.-B. Wang, “Synthesis and analysis of abnormal wurtzite ZnSe nanowheels,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 102, no. 4, Article ID 044302, 2007.
- A. P. Joglekar, H. Liu, G. J. Spooner, E. Meyhöfer, G. Mourou, and A. J. Hunt, “A study of the deterministic character of optical damage by femtosecond laser pulses and applications to nanomachining,” Applied Physics B, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 25–30, 2003.
- M. Y. Shen, C. H. Crouch, J. E. Carey, and E. Mazur, “Femtosecond laser-induced formation of submicrometer spikes on silicon in water,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 23, pp. 5694–5696, 2004.
- C. W. Luo, C. C. Lee, C. H. Li et al., “Ordered YBCO sub-micron array structures induced by pulsed femtosecond laser irradiation,” Optics Express, vol. 16, no. 25, pp. 20610–20616, 2008.
- T. Jia, M. Baba, M. Huang et al., “Femtosecond laser-induced ZnSe nanowires on the surface of a ZnSe wafer in water,” Solid State Communications, vol. 141, no. 11, pp. 635–638, 2007.
- Y. Nakata, T. Okada, and M. Maeda, “Fabrication of dot matrix, comb, and nanowire structures using laser ablation by interfered femtosecond laser beams,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 81, no. 22, pp. 4239–4241, 2002.
- C. Wang, H.-I. Wang, W.-T. Tang, C.-W. Luo, T. Kobayashi, and J. Leu, “Superior local conductivity in self-organized nanodots on indium-tin-oxide films induced by femtosecond laser pulses,” Optics Express, vol. 19, no. 24, pp. 24286–24297, 2011.
- A. De Giacomo, M. Dell'Aglio, A. Santagata, and R. Teghil, “Early stage emission spectroscopy study of metallic titanium plasma induced in air by femtosecond- and nanosecond-laser pulses,” Spectrochimica Acta B, vol. 60, no. 7-8, pp. 935–947, 2005.
- W. Martienssen and H. Warlimont, Springer Handbook of Condensed Matter and Materials Data, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2005.
- Z. D. Hu, X. F. Duan, M. Gao, Q. Chen, and L.-M. Peng, “ZnSe nanobelts and nanowires synthesized by a closed space vapor transport technique,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 111, no. 7, pp. 2987–2991, 2007.
- S. Hayashi and H. Kanamori, “Raman scattering from the surface phonon mode in GaP microcrystals,” Physical Review B, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 7079–7082, 1982.
- S. I. Anisimov, B. L. Kapeliovich, and T. L. Perelman, “Electron emission from metal surfaces exposed to ultrashort laser pulses,” Soviet Physics JETP, vol. 39, pp. 375–377, 1974.
- C. W. Luo, I. H. Wu, P. C. Cheng et al., “Quasiparticle dynamics and phonon softening in FeSe superconductors,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 108, no. 25, Article ID 257006, 2012.
- K. Y. Tseng, K. S. Wong, and G. K. L. Wong, “Femtosecond time-resolved Z-scan investigations of optical nonlinearities in ZnSe,” Optics Letters, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 180–182, 1996.
- J. A. Birch, “Heat capacities of ZnS, ZnSe and CdTe below 25K,” Journal of Physics C, vol. 8, no. 13, Article ID 013, pp. 2043–2047, 1975.
- D. Batani, H. Stabile, A. Ravasio et al., “Ablation pressure scaling at short laser wavelength,” Physical Review E, vol. 68, no. 6, Article ID 067403, pp. 674031–674034, 2003.
- M. H. Key, P. T. Rumsby, R. G. Evans, C. L. S. Lewis, J. M. Ward, and R. L. Cooke, “Study of ablatively imploded spherical shells,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 45, no. 22, pp. 1801–1804, 1980.
- J. S. De Groot, K. G. Estabrook, W. L. Kruer, R. P. Drake, K. Mizuno, and S. M. Cameron, “Distributed absorption model for moderate to high laser powers,” Physics of Fluids B, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 701–707, 1992.
- R. G. Greene, H. Luo, and A. L. Ruoff, “High pressure X-ray and Raman study of ZnSe,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 56, no. 3-4, pp. 521–524, 1995.