- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 452407, 6 pages
Effect of Different Seed Solutions on the Morphology and Electrooptical Properties of ZnO Nanorods
1Institute of Nano Electronic Engineering, Universiti Malaysia Perlis, Seriab, Kangar, 01000 Perlis, Malaysia
2Nanotechnology and Catalysis Research Centre, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3Department of Electronic Engineering, NED University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
4NANO-ElecTronic Centre (NET), Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Selangor, 40450 Shah Alam, Malaysia
5Department of Science and Technology, Campus Norrköping, Linköping University, 60174 Norrköping, Sweden
Received 18 May 2012; Revised 27 August 2012; Accepted 27 August 2012
Academic Editor: Gong Ru Lin
Copyright © 2012 M. Kashif et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Chai, O. Lupan, L. Chow, and H. Heinrich, “Crossed zinc oxide nanorods for ultraviolet radiation detection,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 150, no. 2, pp. 184–187, 2009.
- M. H. Asif, O. Nur, M. Willander, and B. Danielsson, “Selective calcium ion detection with functionalized ZnO nanorods-extended gate MOSFET,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 3379–3382, 2009.
- R. Niepel, U. C. Schröder, J. Sommerfeld et al., “Biofunctionalization of zinc oxide nanowires for DNA sensory applications,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 6, article 511, 2011.
- M. Fakhar-e-Alam, M. U. Syed Ali, Z. Ibupoto et al., “Sensitivity of A-549 human lung cancer cells to nanoporous zinc oxide conjugated with Photofrin,” Lasers in Medical Science, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 607–614, 2012.
- T. Krishnakumar, R. Jayaprakash, N. Pinna et al., “CO gas sensing of ZnO nanostructures synthesized by an assisted microwave wet chemical route,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 143, no. 1, pp. 198–204, 2009.
- B. Liu and H. C. Zeng, “Hydrothermal synthesis of ZnO nanorods in the diameter regime of 50 nm,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 125, no. 15, pp. 4430–4431, 2003.
- M. Kashif, M. Syed Usman Ali, M. E. Ali et al., “Morphological, optical, and Raman characteristics of ZnO nanoflakes prepared via a sol-gel method,” Physica Status Solidi (A), vol. 209, no. 1, pp. 143–147, 2012.
- X. Wu, F. Qu, X. Zhang, W. Cai, and G. Shen, “Fabrication of ZnO ring-like nanostructures at a moderate temperature via a thermal evaporation process,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 486, no. 1-2, pp. L13–L16, 2009.
- L. Wang, K. Chen, and L. Dong, “Synthesis of exotic zigzag ZnO nanoribbons and their optical, electrical properties,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 41, pp. 17358–17361, 2010.
- A. A. Scalisi, R. G. Toro, G. Malandrino, M. E. Fragalà, and G. Pezzotti, “Growth of ZnO nanostructures produced by MOCVD: a study of the effect of the substrate,” Chemical Vapor Deposition, vol. 14, no. 5-6, pp. 115–122, 2008.
- L. Vayssieres, “Growth of arrayed nanorods and nanowires of ZnO from aqueous solutions,” Advanced Materials, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 464–466, 2003.
- M. Kashif, Y. Al-Douri, U. Hashim, M. E. Ali, S. M. U. Ali, and M. Willander, “Characterisation, analysis and optical properties of nanostructure ZnO using the sol-gel method,” Micro & Nano Letters, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 163–167, 2012.
- N. Izyumskaya, V. Avrutin, W. Schoch et al., “Molecular beam epitaxy of high-quality ZnO using hydrogen peroxide as an oxidant,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 269, no. 2–4, pp. 356–361, 2004.
- M. Senthil Kumar, D. Chhikara, and K. M. K. Srivatsa, “Structure-controlled growth of ZnO nanonails by thermal evaporation technique,” Crystal Research and Technology, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 991–996, 2011.
- X. Hu, Y. Masuda, T. Ohji, and K. Kato, “Micropatterning of ZnO nanoarrays by forced hydrolysis of anhydrous zinc acetate,” Langmuir, vol. 24, no. 14, pp. 7614–7617, 2008.
- Y. Masuda, N. Kinoshita, F. Sato, and K. Koumoto, “Site-selective deposition and morphology control of UV- and visible-light-emitting ZnO crystals,” Crystal Growth and Design, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 75–78, 2006.
- G. M. Ali and P. Chakrabarti, “ZnO-based interdigitated MSM and MISIM ultraviolet photodetectors,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 43, no. 41, Article ID 415103, 2010.
- Y. Lei, F. Qu, and X. Wu, “Assembling ZnO nanorods into microflowers through a facile solution strategy: morphology control and cathodoluminescence properties,” Nano-Micro Letters, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 45–51, 2012.
- Y. Ni, S. Yang, J. Hong, L. Zhang, W. Wu, and Z. Yang, “Fabrication, characterization and properties of flowerlike ZnS– ZnO heterogeneous microstructures built up by ZnS-particle-strewn ZnO microrods,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 22, pp. 8200–8205, 2008.
- W. Wu, G. Hu, S. Cui, Y. Zhou, and H. Wu, “Epitaxy of vertical ZnO nanorod arrays on highly (001)-oriented ZnO seed monolayer by a hydrothermal route,” Crystal Growth and Design, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 4014–4020, 2008.
- M. Y. Cho, M. S. Kim, H. Y. Choi, K. G. Yim, and J. Y. Leem, “Post-annealing effects on properties of ZnO nanorods grown on Au seed layers,” Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 880–884, 2011.
- Y. T. Yin, W. X. Que, and C. H. Kam, “ZnO nanorods on ZnO seed layer derived by sol-gel process,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 605–612, 2010.
- M. Willander, L. L. Yang, A. Wadeasa et al., “Zinc oxide nanowires: controlled low temperature growth and some electrochemical and optical nano-devices,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 1006–1018, 2009.
- Y. J. Xing, Z. H. Xi, Z. Q. Xue et al., “Optical properties of the ZnO nanotubes synthesized via vapor phase growth,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 9, pp. 1689–1691, 2003.
- H. J. Fan, R. Scholz, F. M. Kolb et al., “On the growth mechanism and optical properties of ZnO multi-layer nanosheets,” Applied Physics A, vol. 79, no. 8, pp. 1895–1900, 2004.
- S. Mridha and D. Basak, “Effect of concentration of hexamethylene tetramine on the structural morphology and optical properties of ZnO microrods grown by low-temperature solution approach,” Physica Status Solidi (A), vol. 206, no. 7, pp. 1515–1519, 2009.