- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 743236, 7 pages
Surface Modification of LiMn2O4 for Lithium Batteries by Nanostructured LiFePO4 Phosphate
Department of Materials Engineering, Tarbiat Modares University, P.O. Box 4838-141, Tehran, Iran
Received 17 May 2012; Revised 31 August 2012; Accepted 31 August 2012
Academic Editor: Christian Brosseau
Copyright © 2012 B. Sadeghi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. J. Fu, H. Liu, C. Li et al., “Surface modifications of electrode materials for lithium ion batteries,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 113–128, 2006.
- C. W. Lee, H. S. Kim, and S. I. Moon, “Effects on surface modification of spinel LiMn2O4 material for lithium-ion batteries,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 123, no. 3, pp. 234–237, 2005.
- X. Li and Y. Xu, “Enhanced cycling performance of spinel LiMn2O4 coated with ZnMn2O4 shell,” Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, vol. 12, no. 7-8, pp. 851–855, 2008.
- Y. Xia, N. Kumada, and M. Yoshio, “Enhancing the elevated temperature performance of Li/LiMn2O4 cells by reducing LiMn2O4 surface area,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 90, no. 2, pp. 135–138, 2000.
- R. J. Gummow, A. de Kock, and M. M. Thackeray, “Improved capacity retention in rechargeable 4 V lithium/lithium-manganese oxide (spinel) cells,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 59–67, 1994.
- J. M. Tarascon, F. Coowar, G. Amatucci, F. K. Shokoohi, and D. Guy-omard, “Synthesis conditions and oxygen stoichiometry effects on Li insertion into the spinel LiMn2O4,” Journal of The Electrochemical Society, vol. 141, pp. 1421–1427, 1994.
- T. F. Yi, Y. R. Zhu, X. D. Zhu, J. Shu, C. B. Yue, and A. N. Zhou, “A review of recent developments in the surface modification of LiMn2O4 as cathode material of power lithium-ion battery,” Ionics, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 779–784, 2009.
- A. M. Kannan and A. Manthiram, “Surface/chemically modified LiMn2O4 cathodes for lithium-ion batteries,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. A167–A169, 2002.
- Y. Ein-Eli, R. C. Urian, W. Wen, and S. Mukerjee, “Low temperature performance of copper/nickel modified LiMn2O4 spinels,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 1931–1937, 2005.
- D. Jang, Y. Shin, and S. Oh, “Dissolution of spinel oxides and capacity losses in 4 V Li / LixMn2O4 Cells,” Journal of The Electrochemical Society, vol. 143, pp. 2204–2211, 1996.
- Y. J. Park, J. G. Kim, M. K. Kim, H. G. Kim, H. T. Chung, and Y. Park, “Electrochemical properties of LiMn2O4 thin films: suggestion of factors for excellent rechargeability,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 69–77, 2000.
- M. M. Thackeray, P. J. Johnson, L. A. De Picciotto, P. G. Bruce, and J. B. Goodenough, “Electrochemical extraction of lithium from LiMn2O4,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 19, pp. 172–177, 1984.
- J. M. Tarascon and D. Guyomard, “Li metal-free rechargeable batteries based on Li1+xMn2O4 cathodes () and carbon anodes,” Journal of The Electrochemical Society, vol. 138, no. 10, pp. 2864–2868, 1991.
- Y. Gao and J. R. Dahn, “Synthesis and characterization of Li1+xMn2−xO4 for Li-ion battery applications,” Journal of The Electrochemical Society, vol. 143, no. 1, pp. 100–114, 1996.
- M. M. Thackeray, “A comment on the structure of thin-film LiMn2O4 electrodes,” Journal of The Electrochemical Society, vol. 144, no. 5, pp. L100–L102, 1997.
- K. Amine, H. Tukamoto, H. Yasuda, and Y. Fujita, “A new three-volt spinel Li1+xMn1.5Ni0.5O4 for secondary lithium batteries,” Journal of The Electrochemical Society, vol. 143, no. 5, pp. 1607–1613, 1996.
- W. Liu, G. C. Farrington, F. Chaput, and B. Dunn, “Synthesis and electrochemical studies of spinel phase LiMn2O4 cathode materials prepared by the pechini process,” Journal of The Electrochemical Society, vol. 143, no. 3, pp. 879–884, 1996.
- Q. L. Jiang, K. Du, Y. B. Cao, Z. D. Peng, G. R. Hu, and Y. X. Liu, “Synthesis and characterization of phosphate-modified LiMn2O4 cathode materials for Li-ion battery,” Chinese Chemical Letters, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1382–1386, 2010.
- O. Toprakci, H. A. K. Toprakci, L. Ji, and X. Zhang, “Fabrication and electrochemical characteristics of LiFePO4 powders for lithium-ion batteries,” Kona Powder and Particle Journal, vol. 28, pp. 50–73, 2010.
- G. R. Hu, X. R. Deng, Z. D. Peng, et al., “Comparison of AlPO4- and Co3(PO4)2-coated LiNi0.8Co0.2O2 cathode materials for Li-ion battery,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 2567–2573, 2008.
- D. Guan, Novel surface modifications and new nanostructured titania synthesis for high-performance lithium-ion batteries and solar cells [Ph. D. thesis], The Department of Mechanical Engineering, Louisiana State University, 2012.
- I. C. Jang, H. H. Lim, S. B. Lee et al., “Preparation of LiCoPO4 and LiFePO4 coated LiCoPO4 materials with improved battery performance,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 497, no. 1-2, pp. 321–324, 2010.