- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 718979, 6 pages
Synthesis of Al(OH) Nanostructures from Al(OH) Microagglomerates via Dissolution-Precipitation Route
1Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 10084, China
2Department of Chemical Engineering, China University of Petroleum, Beijing 102249, China
Received 13 January 2013; Accepted 23 April 2013
Academic Editor: Wancheng Zhu
Copyright © 2013 Bo Yu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- O. Ajouyed, C. Hurel, M. Ammari, L. B. Allal, and N. Marmier, “Sorption of Cr(VI) onto natural iron and aluminum (oxy)hydroxides: effects of pH, ionic strength and initial concentration,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 174, no. 1–3, pp. 616–622, 2010.
- T. J. Reich and C. M. Koretsky, “Adsorption of Cr(VI) on gamma-alumina in the presence and absence of CO2: comparison of three surface complexation models,” Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, vol. 75, no. 22, pp. 7006–7017, 2011.
- W. Q. Cai, J. G. Yu, and M. Jaroniec, “Template-free synthesis of hierarchical spindle-like γ-Al2O3 materials and their adsorption affinity towards organic and inorganic pollutants in water,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 20, no. 22, pp. 4587–4594, 2010.
- N. K. Renuka, A. V. Shijina, and A. K. Praveen, “Mesoporous gamma-alumina nanoparticles: synthesis, characterization and dye removal efficiency,” Materials Letters, vol. 82, pp. 42–44, 2012.
- K. A. Blanks, “Novel synthesis of gibbsite by laser-stimulated nucleation in supersaturated sodium aluminate solutions,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 220, no. 4, pp. 572–578, 2000.
- H. Li, J. Addai-Mensah, J. C. Thomas, and A. R. Gerson, “The crystallization mechanism of Al(OH)3 from sodium aluminate solutions,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 279, no. 3-4, pp. 508–520, 2005.
- T. Radnai, P. M. May, G. T. Hefter, and P. Sipos, “Structure of aqueous sodium aluminate solutions: a solution X-ray diffraction study,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 102, no. 40, pp. 7841–7850, 1998.
- M. J. Chen and L. Xiang, “Influence of Al2O3·xH2O crystallinities on the morphology of AlOOH whiskers,” Nano Biomedicine and Engineering, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 121–125, 2010.
- Y. Li, Y. F. Zhang, and C. Yang, “Fiber-like aluminum hydroxide nanoparticles prepared by neutralization of sodium aluminate solution,” The Chinese Journal of Nonferrous Metals, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 264–267, 2008.
- J. F. Chen, L. Shao, F. Guo, and X. M. Wang, “Synthesis of nano-fibers of aluminum hydroxide in novel rotating packed bed reactor,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 58, no. 3–6, pp. 569–575, 2003.
- H. Li, H. Lu, S. Wang, J. Jia, H. Sun, and X. Hu, “Preparation of a nano-sized α-Al2O3 powder from a supersaturated sodium aluminate solution,” Ceramics International, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 901–904, 2009.
- L. L. Lewis, M. J. Nardozzi, and L. M. Melnick, “Rapid chemical determination of aluminum, calcium, and magnesium in raw materials, sinters, and slags,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 33, no. 10, pp. 1351–1355, 1961.
- A. Degen and M. Kosec, “Effect of pH and impurities on the surface charge of zinc oxide in aqueous solution,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 667–673, 2000.