- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 729306, 8 pages
In Vitro Evaluation of Cytotoxicity of Colloidal Amorphous Silica Nanoparticles Designed for Drug Delivery on Human Cell Lines
1NanoBiotechnology Research and Innovation (NanoBRI), Institute for Research in Molecular Medicine, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11800 Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia
2School of Materials and Mineral Resources Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 14300 Nibong Tebal, Penang, Malaysia
3School of Health Sciences, USM Health Campus, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
Received 13 July 2013; Revised 13 August 2013; Accepted 15 August 2013
Academic Editor: Haifeng Chen
Copyright © 2013 Venugopal Balakrishnan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- R. Yuvakkumar, A. Joseph Nathanael, V. Rajendran, and S. I. Hong, “Rice husk ash nanosilica to inhibit human breast cancer cell line (3T3),” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, 2014.
- Hajarul Azwana Ab Wab, Khairunisak Abdul Razak, and Nor Dyana Zakaria, “Properties of amorphous silica nanoparticles colloid drug delivery system synthesized using the micelle formation method,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 16, no. 2, 2014.
- Mohammad Jafarzadeh, Ebrahim Soleimani, Parastoo Norouzi, Rohana Adnan, and Heshmatollah Sepahvand, “Preparation of trifluoroacetic acid-immobilized Fe3O4@SiO2-APTES nanocatalyst for synthesis of quinolines,” Journal Of Fluorine Chemistry, vol. 178, pp. 219–224, 2015.
- Mohammad Jafarzadeh, Ebrahim Soleimani, Heshmatollah Sepahvand, and Rohana Adnan, “Synthesis and characterization of fluconazole-functionalized magnetic nanoparticles as a catalyst for the synthesis of 3-aryl and 3-amino-imidazo[1,2-,” Rsc Advances, vol. 5, no. 53, pp. 42744–42753, 2015.
- Jooran Lee, Young Hwa Lee, Joon Sig Choi, Kwan Seob Park, Ki Soo Chang, and Minjoong Yoon, “ Hydrothermal synthesis of defective TiO 2 nanoparticles for long-wavelength visible light-photocatalytic killing of cancer cells ,” RSC Adv., vol. 5, no. 121, pp. 99789–99796, 2015.
- Mohamed Alaraby, Balasubramanyam Annangi, Ricard Marcos, and Alba Hernández, “ Drosophila Melanogaster as a Suitable In Vivo Model to Determine Potential Side Effects of Nanomaterials: A Review ,” Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part B, pp. 1–40, 2016.
- Maroua Saadaoui, Alfredo Sánchez, Paula Díez, Noureddine Raouafi, José M. Pingarrón, and Reynaldo Villalonga, “Amperometric xanthine biosensors using glassy carbon electrodes modified with electrografted porous silica nanomaterials loaded with xanthine oxidase,” Microchimica Acta, 2016.
- Murugaraj Jeyaraj, Rajendran Amarnath Praphakar, Chinnusamy Rajendran, Deepalekshmi Ponnamma, Kishor Kumar Sadasivuni, Murugan A. Munusamy, and Mariappan Rajan, “Surface functionalization of natural lignin isolated from Aloe barbadensis Miller biomass by atom transfer radical polymerization for enhanced anticancer efficacy,” RSC Adv., vol. 6, no. 56, pp. 51310–51319, 2016.