- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 989672, 6 pages
Thickness-Dependent Strain Effect on the Deformation of the Graphene-Encapsulated Au Nanoparticles
1Institute of Microelectronics and Information Technology, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei 430072, China
2Laboratory of Nanomaterials and Sensors, School of Physics, Electronics and Communication, Jiangxi Normal University, Nanchang, Jiangxi 330022, China
Received 29 November 2013; Accepted 23 December 2013; Published 9 January 2014
Academic Editor: Wen Lei
Copyright © 2014 Shuangli Ye et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Narayanan and M. A. El-Sayed, “Catalysis with transition metal nanoparticles in colloidal solution: nanoparticle shape dependence and stability,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 26, pp. 12663–12676, 2005.
- J. Zhao, X. Zhang, C. R. Yonzon, A. J. Haes, and R. P. Van Duyne, “Localized surface plasmon resonance biosensors,” Nanomedicine, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 219–228, 2006.
- P. K. Jain, I. H. ElSayed, and M. A. El-Sayed, “Au nanoparticles target cancer,” Nano Today, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 18–29, 2007.
- T. Hayashi, S. Hirono, M. Tomita, and S. Umemura, “Magnetic thin films of cobalt nanocrystals encapsulated in graphite-like carbon,” Nature, vol. 381, no. 6585, pp. 772–774, 1996.
- R. Caudillo, X. Gao, R. Escudero, M. José-Yacaman, and J. B. Goodenough, “Ferromagnetic behavior of carbon nanospheres encapsulating silver nanoparticles,” Physical Review B, vol. 74, no. 21, Article ID 214418, 2006.
- K. I. Bolotin, K. J. Sikes, Z. Jiang et al., “Ultrahigh electron mobility in suspended graphene,” Solid State Communications, vol. 146, no. 9-10, pp. 351–355, 2008.
- C. Lee, X. Wei, J. W. Kysar, and J. Hone, “Measurement of the elastic properties and intrinsic strength of monolayer graphene,” Science, vol. 321, no. 5887, pp. 385–388, 2008.
- S. Yang, X. Feng, S. Ivanovici, and K. Müllen, “Fabrication of graphene-encapsulated oxide nanoparticles: towards high-performance anode materials for lithium storage,” Angewandte Chemie—International Edition, vol. 49, no. 45, pp. 8408–8411, 2010.
- H. Zeng, S. Sun, J. Li, Z. L. Wang, and J. P. Liu, “Tailoring magnetic properties of core/shell nanoparticles,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 5, pp. 792–794, 2004.
- A. M. Smith and S. Nie, “Semiconductor nanocrystals: structure, properties, and band gap engineering,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 190–200, 2010.
- A. V. Krasheninnikov and F. Banhart, “Engineering of nanostructured carbon materials with electron or ion beams,” Nature Materials, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 723–733, 2007.
- L. Sun, A. V. Krasheninnikov, T. Ahlgren, K. Nordlund, and F. Banhart, “Plastic deformation of single nanometer-sized crystals,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 101, no. 15, Article ID 156101, 2008.
- K. H. Huebner, D. L. Dewhirst, D. E. Smith, and T. G. Byrom, The Finite Element Method for Engineers, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- J. Grönqvist, N. Søndergaard, F. Boxberg, T. Guhr, S. Åberg, and H. Q. Xu, “Strain in semiconductor core-shell nanowires,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 106, Article ID 053508, 2009.
- B. Liu, Y. Huang, H. Jiang, S. Qu, and K. C. Hwang, “The atomic-scale finite element method,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 193, no. 17-20, pp. 1849–1864, 2004.
- H. Hu, L. Onyebueke, and A. Abatan, “Characterizing and modeling mechanical properties of nanocomposites-review and evaluation,” Journal of Minerals & Materials Characterization & Engineering, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 275–319, 2010.
- D. Barettin, S. Madsen, B. Lassen, and M. Willatzen, “Comparison of wurtzite atomistic and piezoelectric continuum strain models: implications for the electronic band structure,” Superlattices and Microstructures, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 134–138, 2010.
- M. Karamehmedovic, R. Schuh, V. Schmidt et al., “Comparison of numerical methods in near-field computation for metallic nanoparticles,” Optics Express, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 8939–8953, 2011.
- C. L. Johnson, E. Snoeck, M. Ezcurdia et al., “Effects of elastic anisotropy on strain distributions in decahedral gold nanoparticles,” Nature Materials, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 120–124, 2008.
- Z. W. Shan, G. Adesso, A. Cabot et al., “Ultrahigh stress and strain in hierarchically structured hollow nanoparticles,” Nature Materials, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 947–952, 2008.
- J. P. Lu, “Elastic properties of carbon nanotubes and nanoropes,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 79, no. 7, pp. 1297–1300, 1997.
- W. D. Callister Jr., Materials Science and Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1994.
- Y. Zhang and C. Pan, “Measurements of mechanical properties and number of layers of graphene from nano-indentation,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 24, pp. 1–5, 2012.