- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 802924, 9 pages
Impact of Ramadan Intermittent Fasting on Oxidative Stress Measured by Urinary 15--Isoprostane
1Department of Clinical Nutrition, College of Applied Medical Sciences, University of Hail, P.O. Box 2440, Hail, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Nutrition, Faculty of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, Petra University, P.O. Box 961343, Amman, Jordan
3Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Biopharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, The University of Jordan, P.O. Box 11942, Amman, Jordan
4Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, The Hashemite University, P.O. Box 591504, Zarqa, Jordan
Received 14 July 2012; Revised 5 September 2012; Accepted 23 September 2012
Academic Editor: Heiner Boeing
Copyright © 2012 Mo'ez Al-Islam Ezzat Faris et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Justin V. Gnanou, Brinnell A. Caszo, Khalifah M. Khalil, Shahidah L. Abdullah, Victor F. Knight, and Mohd Z. Bidin, “Effects of Ramadan fasting on glucose homeostasis and adiponectin levels in healthy adult males,” Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders, vol. 14, no. 1, 2015.
- Martin P. Wegman, Michael H. Guo, Douglas M. Bennion, Meena N. Shankar, Stephen M. Chrzanowski, Leslie A. Goldberg, Jinze Xu, Tiffany A. Williams, Xiaomin Lu, Stephen I. Hsu, Stephen D. Anton, Christiaan Leeuwenburgh, and Mark L. Brantly, “Practicality of Intermittent Fasting in Humans and its Effect on Oxidative Stress and Genes Related to Aging and Metabolism,” Rejuvenation Research, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 162–172, 2015.
- Christopher R. Martens, and Douglas R. Seals, “Practical alternatives to chronic caloric restriction for optimizing vascular function with ageing,” The Journal of Physiology, 2016.
- Ahmed S. BaHammam, Seithikurippu R. Pandi-Perumal, and Mohammed A. Alzoghaibi, “The effect of Ramadan intermittent fasting on lipid peroxidation in healthy young men while controlling for diet and sleep: A pilot study,” Annals Of Thoracic Medicine, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 43–48, 2016.
- Ari Fahrial Syam, Cecep Suryani Sobur, Murdani Abdullah, and Dadang Makmun, “Ramadan Fasting Decreases Body Fat but Not Protein Mass,” International Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 14, no. 1, 2016.