- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanoparticles
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 524150, 7 pages
Electrochemical Method for Ag-PEG Nanoparticles Synthesis
Laboratorio de Materiales Cerámicos, FCEIyA, IFIR, Universidad Nacional de Rosario (UNR), Avenida Pellegrini 250,
S2000BTP Rosario, Argentina
Received 29 January 2013; Accepted 15 March 2013
Academic Editor: Mohammad H. Maneshian
Copyright © 2013 M. Virginia Roldán et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Feldheim and C. Foss, Metal Nanoparticles: Synthesis, Characterization and Applications, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- J. Lue, “A review of characterization and physical property studies of metallic nanoparticles,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 62, pp. 1599–1612, 2001.
- N. Faraji, W. Mahomood Mat Yunus, A. Kharazmi, E. Saion, M. Shahmiri, and N. Tamchek, “Synthesis, characterization and nonlinear optical properties of silver/PVA nanocomposites,” Journal of the European Optical Society, vol. 7, p. 12040, 2012.
- T. He, C. Wang, X. Pan, and Y. Wang, “Nonlinear optical response of Au and Ag nanoparticles doped polyvinylpyrrolidone thin films,” Physics Letters A, vol. 373, pp. 592–595, 2009.
- R. Vadakkekara, M. Chakraborty, and P. Parikh, “Catalytic performance of silica-supported silver nanoparticles for liquid-phase oxidation of ethylbenzene,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 51, no. 16, pp. 5691–5698, 2012.
- M. Radzig, V. Nadtochenko, O. Koksharova, J. Kiwi, V. Lipasva, and I. Khmel, “Antibacterial effects of silver nanoparticles on gram-negative bacteria: influence on the growth and biofilms formation, mechanisms of action,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 102, pp. 300–306, 2013.
- M. V. Roldán, A. Frattini, O. de Sanctis, H. Troiani, and N. Pellegri, “Characterization and applications of Ag nanoparticles in waveguides,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 254, no. 1, pp. 281–285, 2007.
- Q. Wu, H. Cao, Q. Luan et al., “Biomolecule-assisted synthesis of water-soluble silver nanoparticles and their biomedical applications,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 47, no. 13, pp. 5882–5888, 2008.
- S. Prabhu and E. Poulose, “Silver nanoparticles: mechanism of antimicrobial action, synthesis, medical applications, and toxicity effects,” International Nano Letters, vol. 2, p. 32, 2012.
- L. M. Liz Marzan and I. Lado-Tourino, “Reduction and stabilization of silver nanoparticles in ethanol by nonionic surfactants,” Langmuir, vol. 12, pp. 3585–3589, 1996.
- M. Guzmán, J. Dille, and S. Godet, “Synthesis of silver nanoparticles by chemical reduction method and their antibacterial activity,” International Journal of Chemical and Biological Engineering, vol. 2, pp. 104–111, 2009.
- G. N. Glavee, K. J. Klabunde, C. M. Sorensen, and G. C. Hadjipanayis, “Borohydride reduction of cobalt ions in water. Chemistry leading to nanoscale metal, boride, or borate particles,” Langmuir, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 162–169, 1993.
- N. Leopold and B. Lendl, “A new method for fast preparation of highly surface-enhanced raman scattering (SERS) active silver colloids at room temperature by reduction of silver nitrate with hydroxylamine hydrochloride,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 24, pp. 5723–5727, 2003.
- P. Jeevanandam, C. Srikanth, and S. Dixit, “Synthesis of monodisperse silver nanoparticles and their self-assembly through simple thermal decomposition approach,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 122, no. 2-3, pp. 402–407, 2010.
- K. Akhbari, A. Morsali, and P. Retailleau, “Silver nanoparticles from the thermal decomposition of a two-dimensional nano-coordination polymer,” Polyhedron, vol. 29, no. 18, pp. 3304–3309, 2010.
- T. Edison and M. Sethuraman, “Instant green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Terminalia chebula fruit extract and evaluation of their catalytic activity on reduction of methylene blue,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 47, pp. 1351–1357, 2012.
- V. Kotakadi, Y. Rao, S. Gaddam, T. Prasad, A. Reddy, and D. Sai Gopal, “Simple and rapid biosynthesis of stable silver nanoparticles using dried leaves of Catharanthus roseus. Linn. G. Donn and its anti microbial activity,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 105, pp. 194–198, 2013.
- K. Shameli, M. Ahmad, E. Al-Mulla et al., “Green biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using Callicarpa maingayi stem bark extraction,” Molecules, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 8506–8517, 2012.
- R. Trbojevich, N. Pellegri, A. Frattini, O. de Sanctis, P. J. Morais, and R. M. Almeida, “Preparation and isolation of gold nanoparticles coated with a stabilizer and sol-gel compatible agent,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1973–1980, 2002.
- D. Zhang, X. Liu, X. Wang, X. Yang, and L. Lu, “Optical properties of monodispersed silver nanoparticles produced via reverse micelle microemulsion,” Physica B, vol. 406, no. 8, pp. 1389–1394, 2011.
- K. H. Baek, J. H. Kim, K. B. Lee, H. S. Ahnn, and C. S. Yoon, “Surface plasmon resonance tuning of silver nanoparticle array produced by nanosphere lithography through ion etching and thermal annealing,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 3118–3122, 2010.
- M. L. Rodríguez-Sánchez, M. J. Rodríguez, M. C. Blanco, J. Rivas, and M. A. López-Quintela, “Kinetics and mechanism of the formation of Ag nanoparticles by electrochemical techniques: a plasmon and cluster time-resolved spectroscopic study,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, pp. 1183–1191, 2005.
- M. M. Wadkar, V. R. Chaudhari, and S. K. Haram, “Synthesis and characterization of stable organosols of silver nanoparticles by electrochemical dissolution of silver in DMSO,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 42, pp. 20889–20894, 2006.
- J. Zhu, X. Liao, X. Zhao, and H. Chen, “Preparation of silver nanorods by electrochemical methods,” Materials Letters, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 91–95, 2001.
- M. Mazur, “Electrochemically prepared silver nanoflakes and nanowires,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 400–403, 2004.
- Y. Yu, S. Chang, C. Lee, and C. Wang, “Gold nanorods: electrochemical synthesis and optical properties,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 101, no. 34, pp. 6661–6664, 1997.
- M. Zhou, S. Chen, S. Zhao, and H. Ma, “RETRACTED: one-step synthesis of Au-Ag alloy nanoparticles by a convenient electrochemical method,” Physica E, vol. 33, pp. 28–34, 2006.
- M. Bordenave, A. Scarpettini, M. Roldán, N. Pellegri, and A. Bragas, “Plasmon-induced photochemical synthesis of silver triangular prisms and pentagonal bipyramids by illumination with light emitting diodes,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 139, no. 1, pp. 100–106, 2013.
- H. Peng, A. Yang, and J. Xiong, “Green, microwave-assisted synthesis of silver nanoparticles using bamboo hemicelluloses and glucose in an aqueous medium,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 91, pp. 348–355, 2013.
- A. Pal, S. Shah, and S. Devi, “Microwave-assisted synthesis of silver nanoparticles using ethanol as a reducing agent,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 114, pp. 530–532, 2009.
- H. Yin, T. Yamamoto, Y. Wada, and S. Yanagida, “Large-scale and size-controlled synthesis of silver nanoparticles under microwave irradiation,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 66–70, 2004.
- A. Frattini, N. Pellegri, D. Nicastro, and O. de Sanctis, “Effect of amine groups in the synthesis of Ag nanoparticles using aminosilanes,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 94, no. 1, pp. 148–152, 2005.
- L. Huang, Y. Zhai, S. Dong, and J. Wang, “Efficient preparation of silver nanoplates assisted by non-polar solvents,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 331, no. 2, pp. 384–388, 2009.
- A. Rodríguez-López, A. Paredes-Arroyo, J. Mojica-Gomez et al., “Electrochemical synthesis of magnetite and maghemite nanoparticles using dissymmetric potential pulses,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 14, p. 993, 2012.
- C. Y. Cheng, S. Thiagarajan, and S. M. Chen, “Electrochemical fabrication of AuRh nanoparticles and their electroanalytical applications,” International Journal of Electrochemical Science, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 1331–1341, 2011.
- D. F. Yancey, E. V. Carino, and R. M. Crooks, “Electrochemical synthesis and electrocatalytic properties of Au@Pt dendrimer-encapsulated nanoparticles,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 132, no. 32, pp. 10988–10989, 2010.
- B. Yin, H. Ma, S. Wang, and S. Chen, “Electrochemical synthesis of silver nanoparticles under protection of poly(N-vinylpyrrolidone),” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 34, pp. 8898–8904, 2003.
- M. Tejmaya, I. Römer, R. Merrifield, and J. Lead, “Stability of citrate, PVP, and PEG coated silver nanoparticles in ecotoxicology media,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 46, no. 13, pp. 7011–7017, 2012.
- C. Luo, Y. Zhang, X. Zeng, Y. Zeng, and Y. Wang, “The role of poly(ethylene glycol) in the formation of silver nanoparticles,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 288, no. 2, pp. 444–448, 2005.
- R. G. Shimmin, A. B. Schoch, and P. V. Braun, “Polymer size and concentration effects on the size of gold nanoparticles capped by polymeric thiols,” Langmuir, vol. 20, no. 13, pp. 5613–5620, 2004.
- A. Shkilnyy, M. Soucé, P. Dubois, F. Warmont, M. L. Saboungi, and I. Chourpa, “Poly(ethylene glycol)-stabilized silver nanoparticles for bioanalytical applications of SERS spectroscopy,” Analyst, vol. 134, no. 9, pp. 1868–1872, 2009.
- D. Sutton, Electronic Spectra of Transition Metal Complexes, McGraw-Hill, London, UK, 1968.
- H. Wang, X. Qiao, J. Chen, X. Wang, and S. Ding, “Mechanisms of PVP in the preparation of silver nanoparticles,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 94, pp. 449–453, 2005.
- U. Kreibig and M. Vollmer, Optical Properties of Metal Clusters, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1995.
- X. K. Meng, S. C. Tang, and S. Vongehr, “A review on diverse silver nanostructures,” Journal of Materials Science & Technology, vol. 26, pp. 487–522, 2010.
- L. Rodríguez-Sánchez, M. C. Blanco, and M. A. López-Quintela, “Electrochemical synthesis of silver nanoparticles,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 104, pp. 9683–9688, 2000.
- R. He, X. Qian, J. Yin, and Z. Zhu, “Preparation of polychrome silver nanoparticles in different solvents,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 12, pp. 3783–3786, 2002.
- R. Jenkins and R. L. Snyder, Introduction to X-Ray Powder Diffractometry, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- S. Calvin, S. X. Luo, C. Caragianis-Broadbridge et al., “Comparison of extended x-ray absorption fine structure and Scherrer analysis of x-ray diffraction as methods for determining mean sizes of polydisperse nanoparticles,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, Article ID 233102, 3 pages, 2005.
- K. Kelly, E. Coronado, L. Zhao, and G. Schatz, “The optical properties of metal nanoparticles: the influence of size, shape, and dielectric environment,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, pp. 668–677, 2003.
- D. Evanoff and G. Chumanov, “Size-controlled synthesis of nanoparticles. 2. Measurement of extinction, scattering, and absorption cross sections,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 37, pp. 13957–13962, 2004.
- S. Link and M. A. El-Sayed, “Spectral properties and relaxation dynamics of surface plasmon electronic oscillations in gold and silver nanodots and nanorods,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 103, pp. 8410–8426, 1999.
- M. Reetz and W. Helbig, “Size-selective synthesis of nanostructured transition metal clusters,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 116, no. 16, pp. 7401–7402, 1994.