- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 598328, 5 pages
Synthesis and Characterization of Silver Nanoparticles Using Cannonball Leaves and Their Cytotoxic Activity against MCF-7 Cell Line
1Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Science Humanities, SRM University, Kattankulathur 603 203, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
2Department of Biomedical Science, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli 620 024, Tamil Nadu, India
Received 7 May 2013; Accepted 8 July 2013
Academic Editor: Hongmei Luo
Copyright © 2013 Preetha Devaraj et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. U. Sanjay, K. N. Jayaveera, C. K. Ashock Kumar, and G. S. Kumar, “Antimicrobial, wound healing and antioxidant potential of Couroupita guianensis in rats,” Pharmacologyonline, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 269–281, 2007.
- M. M. G. Pinheiro, S. O. Bessa, C. E. Fingolo et al., “Antinociceptive activity of fractions from Couroupita guianensis Aubl. leaves,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 127, no. 2, pp. 407–413, 2010.
- C. Castelluccio, G. Paganga, N. Melikian et al., “Antioxidant potential of intermediates in phenylpropanoid metabolism in higher plants,” FEBS Letters, vol. 368, no. 1, pp. 188–192, 1995.
- F. Aqil, I. Ahmad, and Z. Mehmood, “Antioxidant and free radical scavenging properties of twelve traditionally used Indian medicinal plants,” Turkish Journal of Biology, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 177–183, 2006.
- V. Rajamanickam, A. Rajasekaran, S. Darlin Quine, et al., “Anthelmintic activity of the flower extract of Couroupita guianensis,” The Internet Journal of Alternative Medicine, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 107–111, 2009.
- R. P. Feynman, “There's plenty of room at the bottom,” Science, vol. 254, no. 5036, pp. 1300–1301, 1991.
- J. Huang, Q. Li, D. Sun et al., “Biosynthesis of silver and gold nanoparticles by novel sundried Cinnamomum camphora leaf,” Nanotechnology, vol. 18, no. 10, Article ID 105104, 2007.
- P. Mukherjee, A. Ahmad, D. Mandal, et al., “Fungus-mediated synthesis of silver nanoparticles and their immobilization in the mycelial matrix: a novel biological approach to nanoparticle synthesis,” Nano Letters, vol. 1, no. 10, pp. 515–519, 2001.
- T. Klaus-Joerger, R. Joerger, E. Olsson, and C. G. Granqvist, “Bacteria as workers in the living factory: metal-accumulating bacteria and their potential for materials science,” Trends in Biotechnology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 15–20, 2001.
- N. Saifuddin, C. W. Wong, and A. A. N. Yasumira, “Rapid biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using culture supernatant of bacteria with microwave irradiation,” E-Journal of Chemistry, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 61–70, 2009.
- M. Kowshik, S. Ashtaputre, S. Kharrazi et al., “Extracellular synthesis of silver nanoparticles by a silver-tolerant yeast strain MKY3,” Nanotechnology, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 95–100, 2003.
- S. Minaeian, A. R. Shahverdi, A. S. Nohi, and H. R. Shahverdi, “Extracellular biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles by some bacteria,” Journal of Sciences Islamic Azad University, vol. 17, no. 66, pp. 1–4, 2008.
- S. Karthick Raja, S. Ganesh, and Avimanyu, “Evaluation of anti-bacterial activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized from Candida glabrata and Fusarium oxysporum,” International Journal of Medicobiological Research, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 130–136, 2011.
- T. Mosmann, “Rapid colorimetric assay for cellular growth and survival: application to proliferation and cytotoxicity assays,” Journal of Immunological Methods, vol. 65, no. 1-2, pp. 55–63, 1983.
- P. Mulvaney, “Surface plasmon spectroscopy of nanosized metal particles,” Langmuir, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 788–800, 1996.
- K. Govindaraju, S. Tamilselvan, V. Kiruthiga, and G. Singaravelu, “Biogenic silver nanoparticles by Solanum torvum and their promising antimicrobial activity,” Journal of Biopesticides, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 394–399, 2010.
- G. Thirumurugan and M. D. Dhanaraju, “Novel biogenic metal nanoparticles for pharmaceutical applications,” Advanced Science Letters, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 339–348, 2011.
- A. M. Priya, R. K. Selvan, B. Senthilkumar, M. K. Satheeshkumar, and C. Sanjeeviraja, “Synthesis and characterization of CdWO4 nanocrystals,” Ceramics International, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 2485–2488, 2011.
- J. Kasthuri, K. Kathiravan, and N. Rajendiran, “Phyllanthin-assisted biosynthesis of silver and gold nanoparticles: a novel biological approach,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 1075–1085, 2009.
- R. Kavitha, P. Kamalakannan, S. Sridhar, et al., “In vitro antimicrobial activity and phytochemical analysis of Indian medicinal plant Couroupita guianensis Aubl,” Journal of Chemical Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 115–121, 2011.
- M. Juvekar, A. Juvekar, M. Kulkarni, et al., “Phytochemical and pharmacological studies on the leaves of Couroupita guianensis Aubl,” Planta Medica, vol. 75, p. PJ168, 2009.
- S. Marimuthu, A. A. Rahuman, G. Rajakumar et al., “Evaluation of green synthesized silver nanoparticles against parasites,” Parasitology Research, vol. 108, no. 6, pp. 1541–1549, 2011.
- A. Sowemimo, M. van de Venter, L. Baatjies, and T. Koekemoer, “Cytotoxic activity of selected Nigerian plants,” African Journal of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicines, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 526–528, 2009.
- A. Martínez, E. Conde, A. Moure, H. Domnguez, and R. J. Estévez, “Protective effect against oxygen reactive species and skin fibroblast stimulation of Couroupita guianensis leaf extracts,” Natural Product Research, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 314–322, 2012.