- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 989657, 14 pages
Dairy Foods in a Moderate Energy Restricted Diet Do Not Enhance Central Fat, Weight, and Intra-Abdominal Adipose Tissue Losses nor Reduce Adipocyte Size or Inflammatory Markers in Overweight and Obese Adults: A Controlled Feeding Study
1Obesity & Metabolism Research Unit, Western Human Nutrition Research Center, USDA, ARS, 430 West Health Science Drive, Davis, CA 95616, USA
2Department of Nutrition, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
3Pediatric Division, Vanderbilt Children's Hospital, Nashville, TN 37232-9170, USA
4Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011-1120, USA
Received 6 April 2011; Revised 16 June 2011; Accepted 17 June 2011
Academic Editor: Jordi Salas Salvado
Copyright © 2011 Marta D. Van Loan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- A. S. Abargouei, M. Janghorbani, M. Salehi-Marzijarani, and A. Esmaillzadeh, “Effect of dairy consumption on weight and body composition in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled clinical trials,” International Journal Of Obesity, vol. 36, no. 12, pp. 1485–1493, 2012.
- Brian Piccolo, Gregory Dolnikowski, Elias Seyoum, Anthony Thomas, Erik Gertz, Elaine Souza, Leslie Woodhouse, John Newman, Nancy Keim, Sean Adams, and Marta Van Loan, “Association between Subcutaneous White Adipose Tissue and Serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D in Overweight and Obese Adults,” Nutrients, vol. 5, no. 9, pp. 3352–3366, 2013.
- Christine E. Dugan, Jacqueline Barona, and Maria Luz Fernandez, “Increased Dairy Consumption Differentially Improves Metabolic Syndrome Markers in Male and Female Adults,” Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders, pp. 131115063758002, 2013.
- Megan G. Witbracht, Marta Van Loan, Sean H. Adams, Nancy L. Keim, and Kevin D. Laugero, “Dairy Food Consumption and Meal-Induced Cortisol Response Interacted to Influence Weight Loss in Overweight Women Undergoing a 12-Week, Meal-Controlled, Weight Loss Intervention,” Journal of Nutrition, vol. 143, no. 1, pp. 46–52, 2013.
- Jens Lykkesfeldt, Dennis S. Nielsen, Aymeric Jeamet, Ida Rune, Axel Kornerup Hansen, Kristen Sejrsen, Lars I. Hellgren, and Merete Ellekilde, “Whey Protein Reduces Early Life Weight Gain in Mice Fed a High-Fat Diet,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 8, 2013.
- Marine S. Da Silva, Pierre Julien, Patrick Couture, Simone Lemieux, Marie-Claude Vohl, and Iwona Rudkowska, “Associations between dairy intake and metabolic risk parameters in a healthy French-Canadian population,” Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Marie A. Labouesse, Erik R. Gertz, Brian D. Piccolo, Elaine C. Souza, Gertrud U. Schuster, Megan G. Witbracht, Leslie R. Woodhouse, Sean H. Adams, Nancy L. Keim, and Marta D. Van Loan, “Associations among Endocrine, Inflammatory, and Bone Markers, Body Composition and Physical Activity to Weight Loss Induced Bone Loss,” Bone, 2014.
- Kristin M. Hirahatake, Joanne Slavin, Kevin C. Maki, and Sean H. Adams, “Associations between dairy foods, diabetes, and metabolic health: potential mechanisms and future directions,” Metabolism, 2014.
- Marie-Eve Labonte, Audrey Cyr, Mohammad M. Abdullah, Marie-Claude Lepine, Marie-Claude Vohl, Peter Jones, Patrick Couture, and Benoit Lamarche, “Dairy Product Consumption Has No Impact on Biomarkers of Inflammation among Men and Women with Low-Grade Systemic Inflammation,” Journal of Nutrition, vol. 144, no. 11, pp. 1760–1767, 2014.
- Marine S. Da Silva, and Iwona Rudkowska, “Dairy products on metabolic health: current research and clinical implications,” Maturitas, 2014.
- E. B. Williams, B. Hooper, A. Spiro, and S. Stanner, “The contribution of yogurt to nutrient intakes across the life course,” Nutrition Bulletin, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 9–32, 2015.
- Julie M. Hess, Satya S. Jonnalagadda, and Joanne L. Slavin, “Dairy Foods: Current Evidence of their Effects on Bone, Cardiometabolic, Cognitive, and Digestive Health,” Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, 2015.
- Poonam K. Pannu, Yun Zhao, and Mario J. Soares, “Reductions in body weight and percent fat mass increase the vitamin D status of obese subjects: A systematic review and meta-regression analysis,” Nutrition Research, 2015.
- Alison O. Booth, Catherine E. Huggins, Naiyana Wattanapenpaiboon, and Caryl A. Nowson, “Effect of increasing dietary calcium through supplements and dairy food on body weight and body composition: a meta-analysis of randomised controlled ,” British Journal Of Nutrition, vol. 114, no. 7, pp. 1013–1025, 2015.
- Cécile Vors, Constance Gayet-Boyer, and Marie-Caroline Michalski, “Produits laitiers et inflammation métabolique : quels liens en phase postprandiale et à long terme ?,” Cahiers de Nutrition et de Diététique, 2015.
- Welma Stonehouse, Thomas Wycherley, Natalie Luscombe-Marsh, Pennie Taylor, Grant Brinkworth, and Malcolm Riley, “Dairy Intake Enhances Body Weight and Composition Changes during Energy Restriction in 18–50-Year-Old Adults—A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials,” Nutrients, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 394, 2016.
- Gyrd O. Gjevestad, Inger Ottestad, Anne Sofie Biong, Per Ole Iversen, Kjetil Retterstøl, Truls Raastad, Bjørn S. Skålhegg, Stine M. Ulven, and Kirsten B. Holven, “Consumption of protein-enriched milk has minor effects on inflammation in older adults − a 12-week double-blind randomized controlled trial,” Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, 2017.
- E L Feeney, A O'Sullivan, A P Nugent, B McNulty, J Walton, A Flynn, and E R Gibney, “Patterns of dairy food intake, body composition and markers of metabolic health in Ireland: results from the National Adult Nutrition Survey,” Nutrition & Diabetes, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. e243, 2017.