- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 637538, 8 pages
The Relationship between Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Colorectal Cancer: The Future Challenges and Outcomes of the Metabolic Syndrome
1Department of Ophthalmology, Southampton University Hospitals, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
2Department of Trauma & Orthopedics, Cambridge University Hospitals, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
3Department of Surgery, North Tyneside General Hospital, North Shields NE29 8NH, UK
4Department of General Surgery, CMU Healthcare, Central Michigan University, Saginaw, MI 48602, USA
5Department of Medicine, Wexham Park Hospital, Slough, Berkshire SL2 4HL, UK
Received 21 October 2012; Accepted 11 November 2012
Academic Editor: Ahmed Almobarak
Copyright © 2012 Said O. Muhidin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M.J. Armstrong, L.A. Adams, A Canbay, and W.K. Syn, “Extra-hepatic complications of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease,” Hepatology, 2013.
- Srinevas K. Reddy, Min Zhan, H. Richard Alexander, and Samer S. El-Kamary, “Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease is associated with benign gastrointestinal disorders,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 19, no. 45, pp. 8301–8311, 2013.
- Cédric Delporte, Pierre Van Antwerpen, Luc Vanhamme, Thierry Roumeguère, and Karim Zouaoui Boudjeltia, “Low-Density Lipoprotein Modified by Myeloperoxidase in Inflammatory Pathways and Clinical Studies,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2013, pp. 1–18, 2013.
- Yang Yang, Jing-Jing Yang, Hui Tao, and Wei-Sen Jin, “New perspectives on β-catenin control of cell fate and proliferation in colon cancer,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2014.
- Jun Wei Lim, John Dillon, and Michael Miller, “Proteomic and genomic studies of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease - clues in the pathogenesis,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 26, pp. 8325–8340, 2014.
- Mohamed H. Ahmed, and Asif Ali, “Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and cholesterol gallstones: Which comes first?,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- Ahmed O. Almobarak, Salma Barakat, Mai H. Khalifa, Mohamed H. Elhoweris, Tayseer M. Elhassan, and Mohamed H. Ahmed, “Non alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) in a Sudanese population: What is the prevalence and risk factors?,” Arab Journal of Gastroenterology, 2014.
- Daniel Trabulo, Suzane Ribeiro, Claudio Martins, Cristina Teixeira, Claudia Cardoso, Joao Mangualde, Ricardo Freire, Elia Gamito, Ana L. Alves, Fatima Augusto, Ana P. Oliveira, and Isabelle Cremers, “Metabolic syndrome and colorectal neoplasms: An ominous association,” World Journal Of Gastroenterology, vol. 21, no. 17, pp. 5320–5327, 2015.
- Shuang Pan, Wandong Hong, Wenzhi Wu, Qinfen Chen, Qian Zhao, Jiansheng Wu, and Yin Jin, “The relationship of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and metabolic syndrome for colonoscopy colorectal neoplasm,” Medicine, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. e5809, 2017.