- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 172035, 17 pages
Expanding the Role of Primary Care in the Prevention and Treatment of Childhood Obesity: A Review of Clinic- and Community-Based Recommendations and Interventions
1Mathematica Policy Research, 955 Massachusetts Avenue, Suite 801, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
2Mathematica Policy Research, 1100 1st Street, NE, 12th Floor, Washington, DC 20002-4221, USA
3Mathematica Policy Research, 220 East Huron Street, Suite 300, Ann Arbor, MI 48104-1912, USA
Received 11 February 2013; Accepted 20 March 2013
Academic Editor: Roya Kelishadi
Copyright © 2013 Michaela Vine et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- N. Stettler, B. H. Wrotniak, D. L. Hill, S. K. Kumanyika, M. S. Xanthopoulos, S. Nihtianova, J. Shults, S. S. Leff, A. Pinto, R. I. Berkowitz, and M. S. Faith, “Prevention of excess weight gain in paediatric primary care: beverages only or multiple lifestyle factors. The Smart Step Study, a cluster-randomized clinical trial,” Pediatric Obesity, 2014.
- Hutan Ashrafian, Tania Toma, Leanne Harling, Karen Kerr, Thanos Athanasiou, and Ara Darzi, “Social Networking Strategies That Aim To Reduce Obesity Have Achieved Significant Although Modest Results,” Health Affairs, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 1641–1647, 2014.
- Amrita Ghai, Irena Milosevic, Michele Laliberte, Valerie H. Taylor, and Randi E. McCabe, “Body image concerns in obese women seeking bariatric surgery,” Ethnicity and Inequalities in Health and Social Care, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 96–107, 2014.
- Randi E. Foraker, Philip R. O. Payne, and Peter J. Embi, “Community-level determinants of obesity: harnessing the power of electronic health records for retrospective data analysis,” Bmc Medical Informatics and Decision Making, vol. 14, 2014.
- Jillian LS Avis, Tracey Bridger, Annick Buchholz, Jean-Pierre Chanoine, Stasia Hadjiyannakis, Jill Hamilton, Mary M Jetha, Laurent Legault, Katherine M Morrison, Anne Wareham, and Geoff DC Ball, “ It’s like rocket science…only more complex : Challenges and experiences related to managing pediatric obesity in Canada ,” Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- Shannon M. Looney, and Hollie A. Raynor, “Examining the Effect of Three Low-Intensity Pediatric Obesity Interventions: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial,” Clinical Pediatrics, vol. 53, no. 14, pp. 1367–1374, 2014.
- Bonnie Gance-Cleveland, Kevin Gilbert, Lynn Gilbert, Danielle Dandreaux, and Natalie Russell, “Decision Support to Promote Healthy Weights in Children,” The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 803–812, 2014.
- Jonathan Bonnet, Aaron George, Pippa Evans, Mina Silberberg, and Diana Dolinsky, “Rethinking Obesity Counseling: Having the French Fry Discussion,” Journal of Obesity, vol. 2014, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- Ronette R. Briefel, Denise M. Deming, and Kathleen C. Reidy, “Parents’ Perceptions and Adherence to Children’s Diet and Activity Recommendations: the 2008 Feeding Infants and Toddlers Study,” Preventing Chronic Disease, vol. 12, 2015.
- Soumitra S. Bhuyan, Aastha Chandak, Patti Smith, Erik L. Carlton, Kenric Duncan, and Daniel Gentry, “Integration of public health and primary care: A systematic review of the current literature in primary care physician mediated childhood obesity interventions,” Obesity Research & Clinical Practice, 2015.
- Elisabet Llauradó, Magaly Aceves-Martins, Lucia Tarro, Ignasi Papell-Garcia, Francesc Puiggròs, Lluís Arola, Jordi Prades-Tena, Marta Montagut, Carlota M Moragas-Fernández, Rosa Solà, and Montse Giralt, “A youth-led social marketing intervention to encourage healthy lifestyles, the EYTO (European Youth Tackling Obesity) project: a cluster randomised controlled0 trial in Catalonia, Spain,” BMC Public Health, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Guadalupe X. Ayala, Leticia Ibarra, Amy Binggeli-Vallarta, Jamie Moody, Thomas L. McKenzie, Janette Angulo, Helina Hoyt, Emmeline Chuang, Theodore G. Ganiats, Sheila Gahagan, Ming Ji, Michelle Zive, Emily Schmied, Elva M. Arredondo, and John P. Elder, “Our Choice/Nuestra Opcion: The Imperial County, California, Childhood Obesity Research Demonstration Study (CA-CORD),” Childhood Obesity, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 37–47, 2015.
- Sarah E. Stromberg, Julia K. Carmody, Marilyn C. Dumont-Driscoll, and David M. Janicke, “Youth Safety Perceptions of Weight Control Behaviors,” Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 673–680, 2015.
- Elizabeth Denney-Wilson, Rachel Laws, Catherine Georgina Russell, Kok-leong Ong, Sarah Taki, Roz Elliot, Leva Azadi, Sharyn Lymer, Rachael Taylor, John Lynch, David Crawford, Kylie Ball, Deborah Askew, Eloise Kate Litterbach, and Karen J. Campbell, “Preventing obesity in infants: the Growing healthy feasibility trial protocol,” Bmj Open, vol. 5, no. 11, 2015.
- Wayne Dickey, David R. Arday, Joseph Kelly, and Col. David Carnahan, “Outpatient evaluation, recognition, and initial management of pediatric overweight and obesity in U.S. military medical treatment facilities,” Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, 2016.
- Michele Polfuss, Norah Johnson, Susan A. Bonis, Susan L. Hovis, Fallon Apollon, and Kathleen J. Sawin, “Autism Spectrum Disorder and the Child's Weight–Related Behaviors: A Parents' Perspective,” Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 2016.
- Jiacheng Huang, Xiaohong Lin, Bin Xue, Jianming Luo, Lijuan Gao, Yong Wang, Shiyi Ou, and Xichun Peng, “Impact of polyphenols combined with high-fat diet on rats' gut microbiota,” Journal of Functional Foods, vol. 26, pp. 763–771, 2016.
- Gianni Bocca, Eva Corpeleijn, Jasper Broens, Ronald P. Stolk, and Pieter J. Sauer, “Dutch healthcare professionals inadequately perceived if three- and four-year-old preschool children were overweight,” Acta Paediatrica, vol. 105, no. 10, pp. 1198–1203, 2016.
- Keriann H. Uesugi, Anne M. Dattilo, Maureen M. Black, and Jose M. Saavedra, “Design of a Digital-Based, Multicomponent Nutrition Guidance System for Prevention of Early Childhood Obesity,” Journal of Obesity, vol. 2016, pp. 1–12, 2016.