- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 937572, 8 pages
Endocrine and Metabolic Signaling in Retroperitoneal White Adipose Tissue Remodeling during Cold Acclimation
1Department of Physiology, Institute for Biological Research “Sinisa Stankovic”, University of Belgrade, 11060 Belgrade, Serbia
2Faculty of Biology, Center for Electron Microscopy, University of Belgrade, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Received 4 December 2012; Revised 1 April 2013; Accepted 2 April 2013
Academic Editor: Francesco Saverio Papadia
Copyright © 2013 Aleksandra Jankovic et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Vucetic Milica, Stancic Ana, Otasevic Vesna, Jankovic Aleksandra, Korac Aleksandra, Markelic Milica, Velickovic Ksenija, Golic Igor, Buzadzic Biljana, B Storey Kenneth, and Korac Bato, “The impact of cold-acclimation and hibernation on antioxidant defenses in the ground squirrel (Spermophilus citellus): An update,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2013.
- Ana Stancic, Biljana Buzadzic, Aleksandra Korac, Vesna Otasevic, Aleksandra Jankovic, Milica Vucetic, Milica Markelic, Ksenija Velickovic, Igor Golic, and Bato Korac, “Regulatory role of PGC-1 alpha/PPAR signaling in skeletal muscle metabolic recruitment during cold acclimation,” Journal of Experimental Biology, vol. 216, no. 22, pp. 4233–4241, 2013.
- Norma Dominguez-Avila, Gabriel Ruiz-Castañeda, Javier González-Ramírez, Nora Fernandez-Jaramillo, Jorge Escoto, Fausto Sánchez-Muñoz, Ricardo Marquez-Velasco, Rafael Bojalil, Román Espinosa-Cervantes, and Fausto Sánchez, “Over, and Underexpression of Endothelin 1 and TGF-Beta Family Ligands and Receptors in Lung Tissue of Broilers with Pulmonary Hypertension,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Aleksandra Jankovic, Igor Golic, Milica Markelic, Ana Stancic, Vesna Otasevic, Biljana Buzadzic, Aleksandra Korac, and Bato Korac, “Two key temporally distinguishable molecular and cellular components of white adipose tissue browning during cold acclimation,” The Journal of Physiology, 2015.
- Antonella Fioravanti, Chiara Giannitti, Sara Cheleschi, Antonella Simpatico, Nicola Antonio Pascarelli, and Mauro Galeazzi, “Circulating levels of adiponectin, resistin, and visfatin after mud-bath therapy in patients with bilateral knee osteoarthritis,” International Journal of Biometeorology, 2015.
- Gabriel Ruiz-Castañeda, Norma Dominguez-Avila, Javier González-Ramírez, Nora Fernandez-Jaramillo, Jorge Escoto-Herrera, Fausto Sánchez-Muñoz, Luis Manuel Amezcua-Guerra, Ricardo Marquez-Velasco, Rafael Bojalil, Roman Espinosa-Cervantes, and Fausto Sánchez, “Myocardial expression of transforming growth factor beta family and endothelin-1 in the progression from heart failure to ascites in broilers with cold-induced pulmonary hypertension,” Journal of Receptors and Signal Transduction, pp. 1–6, 2015.
- Barbara Reynes, Estefania Garcia-Ruiz, Paula Oliver, and Andreu Palou, “Gene expression of peripheral blood mononuclear cells is affected by cold exposure,” American Journal Of Physiology-Regulatory Integrative And Comparative Physiology, vol. 309, no. 8, pp. R824–R834, 2015.
- Paraskevi Sakellariou, Angelica Valente, Andres E. Carrillo, George S. Metsios, Liliya Nadolnik, Athanasios Z. Jamurtas, Yiannis Koutedakis, Cesar Boguszewski, Cláudia Marlise Balbinotti Andrade, Per-Arne Svensson, Nair Honda Kawashita, and Andreas D. Flouris, “Chronic L-menthol-induced browning of white adipose tissue hypothesis: a putative therapeutic regime for combating obesity and improving metabolic health,” Medical Hypotheses, 2016.