- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Pharmaceutics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 495814, 6 pages
Determination of Zalcitabine in Medicaments by Differential Pulse Voltammetry
1Fundação Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
2Department of Chemistry, Pontifícia Universidade Católica, 225 Rua Marquês de São Vicente, 22453-900 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Received 5 February 2013; Revised 13 March 2013; Accepted 13 March 2013
Academic Editor: Antonio Ruiz Medina
Copyright © 2013 Katia Christina Leandro et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. De Clercq, “Antiviral drugs: current state of the art,” Journal of Clinical Virology, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 73–89, 2001.
- E. De Clercq, “Antiviral drugs in current clinical use,” Journal of Clinical Virology, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 115–133, 2004.
- J. W. Beach, “Chemotherapeutic agents for human immunodeficiency virus infection: mechanism of action, pharmacokinetics, metabolism, and adverse reactions,” Clinical Therapeutics, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 2–25, 1998.
- “Martindale,” in The Complete Drug Reference, K. Parfitt, Ed., pp. 629–630, Pharmaceutical Press, 32nd edition, 1999.
- B. Uslu, A. Savaşer, S. A. Özkan, and Y. Özkan, “Validated RP-HPLC method for the assay of zalcitabine in drug substance, formulated products and human serum,” Pharmazie, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 604–607, 2004.
- S. Notari, A. Bocedi, G. Ippolito et al., “Simultaneous determination of 16 anti-HIV drugs in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 831, no. 1-2, pp. 258–266, 2006.
- M. Xu, C. A. White, and M. G. Bartlett, “Simultaneous determination of zalcitabine and stavudine in maternal plasma, amniotic fluid, placental, and fetal tissues using reversed phase on silica liquid chromatography,” Journal of Liquid Chromatography and Related Technologies, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 482–496, 2008.
- M. Xu, C. A. White, and M. G. Bartlett, “Simultaneous determination of zalcitabine and stavudine in maternal plasma, amniotic fluid, placental, and fetal tissues using reversed phase on silica liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry,” Journal of Liquid Chromatography and Related Technologies, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 680–697, 2009.
- A. Checa, R. Oliver, J. Saurina, and S. Hernández-Cassou, “Flow-injection spectrophotometric determination of reverse transcriptase inhibitors used for acquired immuno deficiency syndrome (AIDS) treatment. Focus on strategies for dealing with the background components,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 572, no. 1, pp. 155–164, 2006.
- B. Dogan, B. Uslu, S. Suzen, and S. A. Ozkan, “Electrochemical evaluation of nucleoside analogue lamivudine in pharmaceutical dosage forms and human serum,” Electroanalysis, vol. 17, no. 20, pp. 1886–1894, 2005.
- K. C. Leandro, J. C. Moreira, and P. A. M. Farias, “Determination of zidovudine in pharmaceuticals by differential pulse voltammetry,” Analytical Letters, vol. 43, no. 12, pp. 1951–1957, 2010.
- C. Teijeiro and D. Marin, “Electrochemical behaviour of the antineoplastic agent cytarabine,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 316, no. 1-2, pp. 119–131, 1991.
- Inmetro. Orientação sobre Validação de Métodos de Ensaios Químicos: DOQ—CGCRE—008. Revisão 02. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2007.
- J. C. Miller and J. N. Miller, Statistics for Analytical Chemistry, Ellis Horwood Limited, England, UK, 2 edition, 1989.
- A. A. Castro, R. Q. Aucélio, N. A. Rey, E. M. Miguel, and P. A. M. Farias, “Determination of the antiretroviral drug nevirapine in diluted alkaline electrolyte by adsorptive stripping voltammetry at the mercury film electrode,” Combinatorial Chemistry and High Throughput Screening, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 22–27, 2011.
- A. A. Castro, M. V. N. de Souza, N. A. Rey, and P. A. M. Farias, “Determination of efavirenz in diluted alkaline electrolyte by cathodic adsorptive stripping voltammetry at the mercury film electrode,” Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 1662–1668, 2011.
- P. A. M. Farias, A. A. Castro, and A. I. P. Cordoves, “Ultratrace determination of the antiretroviral drug lamivudine in diluted alkaline electrolyte by adsorptive stripping voltammetry,” ECS Transactions, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 267–287, 2012.
- P. A. M. Farias, A. A. Castro, and A. I. P. Cordoves, “Didanosine determination in diluted alkaline electrolyte by adsorptive stripping voltammetry at the mercury film electrode,” Journal of Electrochemical Science and Engineering, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 133–142, 2012.