- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Spectroscopy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 973623, 7 pages
Fat and Moisture Content in Chinese Fried Bread Sticks: Assessment and Rapid Near-Infrared Spectroscopic Method Development
1College of Food Science and Technology, Shanghai Ocean University, No. 999 Hucheng Huan Road, LinGang New City, Shanghai 201306, China
2School of Food Science, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
Received 14 March 2013; Accepted 20 May 2013
Academic Editor: Christoph Krafft
Copyright © 2013 Zhuqing Xiao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Zhang and Y. Zhang, “Study on reduction of acrylamide in fried bread sticks by addition of antioxidant of bamboo leaves and extract of green tea,” Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 131–136, 2007.
- W. V. Brown, K. Fujioka, P. W. F. Wilson, and K. A. Woodworth, “Obesity: why be concerned?” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 122, no. 4, pp. S4–S11, 2009.
- W. F. McClure, “204 Years of near infrared technology: 1800–2003,” Journal of Near Infrared Spectroscopy, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 487–518, 2003.
- W. R. Hruschka and K. H. Norris, “Least-squares curve fitting of near infrared spectra predicts protein and moisture content of ground wheat,” Applied Spectroscopy, vol. 36, pp. 261–265, 1982.
- M. M. Pierce and R. L. Wehling, “Comparison of sample handling and data treatment methods for determining moisture and fat in cheddar cheese by near-infrared spectroscopy,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 2830–2835, 1994.
- R. Du, K. Lai, Z. Xiao, Y. Shen, X. Wang, and Y. Huang, “Evaluation of the quality of deep frying oils with Fourier Transform near-infrared and mid-infrared spectroscop,” Journal of Food Science, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. C261–C266, 2012.
- AOAC Method 945.16, “Oil in cereal adjuncts: petroleum ether extraction method,” in Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC International, Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Arlington, Va, USA, 17th edition, 2000.
- AOAC Method 945.15, “Moisture in cereal adjuncts: air oven method,” in Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC International, Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Arlington, Va, USA, 17th edition, 2000.
- G. E. Collins, “Calculation of multivariate polynomial resultants,” Journal of the Association for Computing Machinery, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 515–532, 1971.
- T. Isaksson and T. Naes, “Effect of multiplicative scatter correction (MSC) and linearity improvement in NIR spectroscopy,” Applied Spectroscopy, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 1273–1284, 1988.
- R. J. Barnes, M. S. Dhanoa, and S. J. Lister, “Standard normal variate transformation and de-trending of near-infrared diffuse reflectance spectra,” Applied Spectroscopy, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 772–777, 1989.
- H. Cen and Y. He, “Theory and application of near infrared reflectance spectroscopy in determination of food quality,” Trends in Food Science and Technology, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 72–83, 2007.
- D. M. Haaland and E. V. Thomas, “Partial least-squares methods for spectral analyses. 1. Relation to other quantitative calibration methods and the extraction of qualitative information,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 60, no. 11, pp. 1193–1202, 1988.
- H. Büning-Pfaue and S. Kehraus, “Application of near infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) in the analysis of frying fats,” European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology, vol. 103, no. 12, pp. 793–797, 2001.
- Y. Huang, T. M. Rogers, M. A. Wenz et al., “Detection of sodium chloride in cured salmon roe by SW-NIR spectroscopy,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 4161–4167, 2001.
- M. Lin, A. G. Cavinato, Y. Huang, and B. A. Rasco, “Predicting sodium chloride content in commercial king (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) and chum (O. keta) hot smoked salmon fillet portions by short-wavelength near-infrared (SW-NIR) spectroscopy,” Food Research International, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 761–766, 2003.
- R. T. Holman and P. R. Edmondson, “Near-infrared spectra of fatty acids and some related substances,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 1533–1538, 1956.
- S. E. Kays, W. R. Windham, and F. E. Barton II, “Prediction of total dietary fiber by near-infrared reflectance spectroscopy in high-fat- and high-sugar-containing cereal products,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 854–861, 1998.
- D. Baker, “The determination of fiber in processed cereal foods by near-infrared reflectance spectroscopy,” Cereal Chemistry, vol. 60, pp. 217–219, 1983.
- F. O. Libnau, O. M. Kvalheim, A. A. Christy, and J. Toft, “Spectra of water in the near- and mid-infrared region,” Vibrational Spectroscopy, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 243–254, 1994.
- L. E. Rodriguez-Saona, F. S. Fry, and E. M. Calvey, “Use of fourier transform near-infrared reflectance spectroscopy for rapid quantification of castor bean meal in a selection of flour-based products,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 48, no. 11, pp. 5169–5177, 2000.
- C. Shiroma and L. Rodriguez-Saona, “Application of NIR and MIR spectroscopy in quality control of potato chips,” Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 596–605, 2009.
- Å. Rinnan, F. V. D. Berg, and S. B. Engelsen, “Review of the most common pre-processing techniques for near-infrared spectra,” Trends in Analytical Chemistry, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 1201–1222, 2009.