- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Tropical Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 352689, 5 pages
Early Revelation of Leprosy in China by Sequential Antibody Analyses with LID-1 and PGL-I
1Leprosy Hospital, Kaiyuan, Honghe Prefecture, Yunnan Province 661600, China
2Institute of Dermatology of Honghe Prefecture, Yunnan 661400, China
3Yunnan Provincial CDC, Kunming, Yunnan 650022, China
4Beijing Tropical Medicine Research Institute, Beijing Friendship Hospital-Affiliate of Capital University of Medical Sciences, 95 Yong An Road, Beijing 100050, China
5Infectious Disease Research Institute (IDRI), Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Received 31 August 2012; Accepted 23 December 2012
Academic Editor: Bhushan Kumar
Copyright © 2013 Pan Qiong-Hua et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ludimila Paula Vaz Cardoso, Ronaldo Ferreira Dias, Aline Araujo Freitas, Emerith Mayra Hungria, Regiane Morillas Oliveira, Marco Collovati, Steven G. Reed, Malcolm S. Duthie, and Mariane Martins Araujo Stefani, “Development of a quantitative rapid diagnostic test for multibacillary leprosy using smart phone technology,” Bmc Infectious Diseases, vol. 13, 2013.
- Rodrigo Scaliante de Moura, Gerson Oliveira Penna, Tsuyoshi Fujiwara, Maria Araci de Andrade Pontes, Rossilene Cruz, Heitor de Sá Gonçalves, Maria Lúcia Fernandes Penna, Ludimila Paula Vaz Cardoso, Mariane Martins de Araújo Stefani, and Samira Bührer-Sékula, “Evaluation of a rapid serological test for leprosy classification using human serum albumin as the antigen carrier,” Journal of Immunological Methods, 2014.
- Malcolm S. Duthie, Marivic F. Balagon, Armi Maghanoy, Florenda M. Orcullo, Marjorie Cang, Ronaldo Ferreira Dias, Marco Collovati, and Steven G. Reed, “Rapid Quantitative Serological Test for Detection of Infection with Mycobacterium leprae, the Causative Agent of Leprosy,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 613–619, 2014.
- Josafa Goncalves Barreto, Donal Bisanzio, Layana de Souza Guimaraes, John Stewart Spencer, Gonzalo M. Vazquez-Prokopec, Uriel Kitron, and Claudio Guedes Salgado, “Spatial Analysis Spotlighting Early Childhood Leprosy Transmission in a Hyperendemic Municipality of the Brazilian Amazon Region,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 8, no. 2, 2014.
- Malcolm S. Duthie, Ruben Raychaudhuri, Yeung L. Tutterrow, Ayesha Misquith, Julie Bowman, Allen Casey, Marivic F. Balagon, Armi Maghanoy, Juan Camilo Beltran-Alzate, Marcela Romero-Alzate, Nora Cardona-Castro, and Steven G. Reed, “A Rapid ELISA for the Diagnosis of MB Leprosy Based On Complementary Detection Of Antibodies Against A Novel Protein-Glycolipid Conjugate,” Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease, 2014.
- Ana Paula Mendes Carvalho, Angélica da Conceição Oliveira Coelho Fabri, Rodrigo Corrêa Oliveira, and Francisco Carlos Félix Lana, “Factors associated with anti-phenolic glycolipid-I seropositivity among the household contacts of leprosy cases,” BMC Infectious Diseases, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Josafá Gonçalves Barreto, Donal Bisanzio, Marco Andrey Cipriani Frade, Tania Mara Pires Moraes, Angélica Rita Gobbo, Layana de Souza Guimarães, Moisés Batista da Silva, Gonzalo M. Vazquez-Prokopec, John Stewart Spencer, Uriel Kitron, and Claudio Guedes Salgado, “Spatial epidemiology and serologic cohorts increase the early detection of leprosy,” BMC Infectious Diseases, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Danielle de Freitas Mizoguti, Emerith Mayra Hungria, Aline Araujo Freitas, Regiane Morillas Oliveira, Ludimila Paula Vaz Cardoso, Mauricio Barcelos Costa, Ana Lucia Maroclo Sousa, Malcolm S. Duthie, and Mariane Martins Araujo Stefani, “Multibacillary leprosy patients with high and persistent serum antibodies to leprosy IDRI diagnostic-1/LID-1: higher susceptibility to develop type 2 ,” Memorias Do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, vol. 110, no. 7, pp. 914–920, 2015.
- Indira Nath, Chaman Saini, and Vijaya Lakshmi Valluri, “Immunology of leprosy and diagnostic challenges,” Clinics In Dermatology, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 90–98, 2015.
- Indira Nath, Chaman Saini, and Vijaya Lakshmi Valluri, “Immunology of leprosy and diagnostic challenges,” Clinics in Dermatology, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 90–98, 2015.
- Francianne M. Amorim, Maurício L. Nobre, Leonardo C. Ferreira, Larissa S. Nascimento, Alesson M. Miranda, Glória R. G. Monteiro, Kathryn M. Dupnik, Malcolm S. Duthie, Steven G. Reed, and Selma M. B. Jeronimo, “Identifying Leprosy and Those at Risk of Developing Leprosy by Detection of Antibodies against LID-1 and LID-NDO,” PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. e0004934, 2016.
- Mariana V.C. Nicchio, Sergio Araujo, Lorraine C. Martins, Andressa V. Pinheiro, Daniela C. Pereira, Angélica Borges, Douglas E. Antunes, Josafá G. Barreto, and Isabela Maria B. Goulart, “Spatial and temporal epidemiology of Mycobacterium leprae infection among leprosy patients and household contacts of an endemic region in southeast Brazil.,” Acta Tropica, 2016.
- Malcolm S. Duthie, Florenda M. Orcullo, Junie Abbelana, Armi Maghanoy, and Marivic F. Balagon, “Comparative evaluation of antibody detection tests to facilitate the diagnosis of multibacillary leprosy,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2016.
- Marco Andrey C. Frade, Natália A. de Paula, Ciro M. Gomes, Sebastian Vernal, Fred Bernardes Filho, Helena B. Lugão, Marilda M. M. de Abreu, Patrícia Botini, Malcolm S. Duthie, John S. Spencer, Rosa Castália F. R. Soares, and Norma T. Foss, “Unexpectedly high leprosy seroprevalence detected using a random surveillance strategy in midwestern Brazil: A comparison of ELISA and a rapid diagnostic test,” PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. e0005375, 2017.