- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Thyroid Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 351864, 29 pages
TSH and Thyrotropic Agonists: Key Actors in Thyroid Homeostasis
1Lab XU44, Medical Hospital I, Bergmannsheil University Hospitals, Ruhr University of Bochum (UK RUB), Bürkle-de-la-Camp-Platz 1, 44789 Bochum, NRW, Germany
2Klinik für Allgemein- und Visceralchirurgie, Agaplesion Bethesda Krankenhaus Wuppertal gGmbH, Hainstraße 35, 42109 Wuppertal, NRW, Germany
Received 8 October 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editor: Rudolf Hoermann
Copyright © 2012 Johannes W. Dietrich et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [22 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Johanna R. Rochester, “Bisphenol A and Human Health: A review of the literature,” Reproductive Toxicology, 2013.
- Adam R. Brown, Rosalia C. M. Simmen, and Frank A. Simmen, “The Role of Thyroid Hormone Signaling in the Prevention of Digestive System Cancers,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 16240–16257, 2013.
- Johannes W. Dietrich, Melvin K.S. Leow, Sam L. Goede, John E.M. Midgley, Gabi Landgrafe, and Rudolf Hoermann, “Do Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone, Body Weight, or Body Mass Index Serve as Adequate Markers to Guide Levothyroxine Dose Titration?,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 217, no. 4, pp. 752–753, 2013.
- Rudolf Hoermann, John E.M. Midgley, Adrienne Giacobino, Walter A. Eckl, Hans Günther Wahl, Johannes W. Dietrich, and Rolf Larisch, “Homeostatic equilibria between free thyroid hormones and pituitary thyrotropin are modulated by various influences including age, body mass index and treatment,” Clinical Endocrinology, 2014.
- S. Rohrer, and J. W. Dietrich, “Refeeding Syndrome: A Review of the Literature,” Zeitschrift Fur Gastroenterologie, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 593–600, 2014.
- Edgar Wingender, “EndoNet: an information resource about the intercellular signaling network,” Bmc Systems Biology, vol. 8, 2014.
- Eric Fliers, Andries Kalsbeek, and Anita Boelen, “Beyond the fixed setpoint of the hypothalamus-pituitary-thyroid axis,” European Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 171, no. 5, pp. R197–R208, 2014.
- Simon L. Goede, Melvin Khee-Shing Leow, Jan W.A. Smit, and Johannes W. Dietrich, “A novel minimal mathematical model of the hypothalamus–pituitary–thyroid axis validated for individualized clinical applications,” Mathematical Biosciences, 2014.
- R. Hoermann, J. E. M. Midgley, R. Larisch, and J. W. Dietrich, “Integration of Peripheral and Glandular Regulation of Triiodothyronine Production by Thyrotropin in Untreated and Thyroxine-Treated Subjects,” Hormone And Metabolic Research, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. 674–680, 2015.
- Alaadin Alayoubi, Ryan D. Sullivan, Hao Lou, Hemlata Patel, Timothy Mandrell, Richard Helms, and Hassan Almoazen, “In Vivo Evaluation of Transdermal Iodide Microemulsion for Treating Iodine Deficiency Using Sprague Dawley Rats,” AAPS PharmSciTech, 2015.
- Apostolos Chatzitomaris, Michael Scheeler, Michael Gotzmann, Roland Köditz, Janice Schildroth, Kathy Miriam Knyhala, Volkmar Nicolas, Christoph Heyer, Andreas Mügge, Harald H. Klein, and Johannes W. Dietrich, “Second degree AV block and severely impaired contractility in cardiac myxedema: a case report,” Thyroid Research, vol. 8, no. 1, 2015.
- J. V. Hennessey, and R. Espaillat, “Subclinical hypothyroidism: a historical view and shifting prevalence,” International Journal of Clinical Practice, 2015.
- Jacques Philippe, and Charna Dibner, “Thyroid Circadian Timing: Roles in Physiology and Thyroid Malignancies,” Journal Of Biological Rhythms, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 76–83, 2015.
- Sally A. Selim, and Zeinab M. Alazouny, “The effect of experimental hypothyroidism on the skin of adult male albino rats and the therapeutic role of topical triiodothyronine,” The Egyptian Journal of Histology, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 649–658, 2015.
- John E. M. Midgley, Rolf Larisch, Johannes W. Dietrich, and Rudolf Hoermann, “Homeostatic Control of the Thyroid–Pituitary Axis: Perspectives for Diagnosis and Treatment,” Frontiers in Endocrinology, vol. 6, 2015.
- Johannes W. Dietrich, Gabi Landgrafe-Mende, Evelin Wiora, Apostolos Chatzitomaris, Harald H. Klein, John E. M. Midgley, and Rudolf Hoermann, “Calculated Parameters of Thyroid Homeostasis: Emerging Tools for Differential Diagnosis and Clinical Research,” Frontiers in Endocrinology, vol. 7, 2016.
- Rudolf Hoermann, Rolf Larisch, Johannes W Dietrich, and John E M Midgley, “Derivation of a multivariate reference range for pituitary thyrotropin and thyroid hormones: diagnostic efficiency compared with conventional single-reference method,” European Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 174, no. 6, pp. 735–743, 2016.
- Virginia Ballesteros, Olga Costa, Carmen Iñiguez, Tony Fletcher, Ferran Ballester, and Maria-Jose Lopez-Espinosa, “Exposure to perfluoroalkyl substances and thyroid function in pregnant women and children: A systematic review of epidemiologic studies,” Environment International, 2016.
- Rudolf Hoermann, John E. M. Midgley, Rolf Larisch, and Johannes W. Dietrich, “Relational Stability in the Expression of Normality, Variation, and Control of Thyroid Function,” Frontiers in Endocrinology, vol. 7, 2016.
- Stephen Paul Fitzgerald, and Nigel Geoffrey Bean, “The Relationship between Population T4/TSH Set Point Data and T4/TSH Physiology,” Journal of Thyroid Research, vol. 2016, pp. 1–7, 2016.
- Wen-Jun Shi, Guang-Guo Ying, Guo-Yong Huang, Yan-Qiu Liang, Li-Xin Hu, Jian-Liang Zhao, and Jin-Na Zhang, “Transcriptional and Biochemical Alterations in Zebrafish Eleuthero-Embryos (Danio rerio) After Exposure to Synthetic Progestogen Dydrogesterone,” Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 2017.
- Stephen Paul Fitzgerald, Nigel Geoffrey Bean, and Leah Nicole Fitzgerald, “Population data indicate that thyroid regulation is consistent with an equilibrium-point model, but not with a set-point model,” Temperature, pp. 1–3, 2017.