Marcelo A. Silva, Reyolando M. L. R. F. Brasil, "Nonlinear dynamic analysis based on experimental data of RC telecommunication towers subjected to wind loading", Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2006, Article ID 046815, 10 pages, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1155/MPE/2006/46815
Nonlinear dynamic analysis based on experimental data of RC telecommunication towers subjected to wind loading
The goal of this paper is to propose a nonlinear dynamic model based on experimental data and NBR-6123-87 to accomplish a nonlinear dynamic analysis of slender structures subjected to wind loading. At first we compute the static answer given by the mean wind speed. In this part of the problem we consider the concept of effective stiffness to represent the physical nonlinearity of material and a -Delta method to represent the geometrical nonlinearity. Considering the final stiffness obtained in that -Delta method, we compute the dynamic answer given by the floating wind speed, according to the discrete dynamic model given by NBR-6123-87. A 40 m RC telecommunication tower was analyzed, and the results obtained were compared with those given by linear static and dynamic models.
- R. M. L. R. F. Brasil and M. A. Silva, “RC large displacements: optimization applied to experimental results,” in Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Computational Structures Technology, Lisbon, 2004.
- ABNT - Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas, NBR-6123-87: Forças Devidas ao Vento em Edificações, 1987 (Portuguese).
- ABNT - Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas, NBR-6118-78: Projeto e Execução de Obras de Concreto Armado, 1978 (Portuguese).
- ABNT - Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas, NBR-6118-03: Projeto de Obras de Concreto, 2003 (Portuguese).
- M. Franco, Direct Along-Wind Dynamic Analysis of Tall Structures, Boletim Técnico da Escola Politécnica da Universidade de São Paulo, BT/PEF/9303, 1993.
Copyright © 2006 Marcelo A. Silva and Reyolando M. L. R. F. Brasil. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.