- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 451934, 14 pages
The Semitransparent Photovoltaic Films for Mediterranean Greenhouse: A New Sustainable Technology
1Department of Agriculture, Forests, Nature and Energy (DAFNE), University of Tuscia, 01100 Viterbo, Italy
2SACO VI Office-Nursery Gardening, Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies (IMAFFP), Via XX Settembre, 20, 00187 Rome, Italy
Received 16 October 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editor: Massimo Scalia
Copyright © 2012 Alvaro Marucci et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Mistriotis, C. Arcidiacono, P. Picuno, G. P. A. Bot, and G. Scarascia-Mugnozza, “Computational analysis of ventilation in greenhouses at zero- and low-wind-speeds,” Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, vol. 88, no. 1–4, pp. 121–135, 1997.
- J. A. Duffie and W. A. Beckman, Solar Engineering of Thermal Processes, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- R. Siegel and J. R. Howell, Thermal Radiation Heat Transfer, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1972.
- G. Vox, M. Teitel, A. Pardossi, A. Minuto, F. Tinivella, and E. Schettini, Chapter 1: Sustainable Greenhouse Systems, Sustainable Agriculture: Technology, Planning and Management, Nova Science Publishers, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- M. Carlini, T. Honorati, and S. Castellucci, “Photovoltaic greenhouses: comparison ofoptical and thermal behaviour for energy savings,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 743764, 10 pages, 2012.
- C. Kittas and A. Bailie, “Determination of the spectral properties of several greenhouse cover materials and evaluation of specific parameters related to plant response,” Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 193–202, 1998.
- C. Kittas, A. Baille, and P. Giaglaras, “Influence of covering material and shading on the spectral distribution of light in greenhouses,” Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research, vol. 73, no. 4, pp. 341–351, 1999.
- K. Murakami, H. Cui, M. Kiyota, Y. Takemura, R. Oi, and I. Aiga, “Covering materials to control plant growth by modifying the spectral balance of daylight,” Plasticulture, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 2–14, 1996.
- H. Smith, “Light quality, photoperception, and plant strategy,” Annual Review of Plant Physiology, vol. 33, pp. 481–518, 1982.
- M. Oren-Shamir, E. E. Gussakovsky, E. Shpiegel et al., “Coloured shade nets can improve the yield and quality of green decorative branches of Pittosporum variegatum,” Journal of Horticultural Science and Biotechnology, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 353–361, 2001.
- M. Takaichi, H. Shimaji, and T. Higashide, “Effect of red/far-red photon flux ratio of solar radiation on growth of fruit vegetable seedlings,” ActaHorticulturae, vol. 514, pp. 147–156, 2000.
- E. Campiglia, G. Colla, R. Mancinelli, Y. Rouphael, and A. Marucci, “Energy balance of intensive vegetable cropping systems in central Italy,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 747, pp. 185–191, 2007.
- A. Marucci, E. Campiglia, G. Colla, and B. Pagniello, “Environmental impact of fertilization and pesticide application in vegetable cropping systems under greenhouse and open field conditions,” Journal of Food, Agriculture and Environment, vol. 9, no. 3-4, pp. 840–846, 2011.
- A. Marucci and B. Pagniello, “Simulation of the growth and the production of the tomato in typical greenhouses of the Mediterranean environment,” Journal of Food, Agriculture and Environment, vol. 9, no. 3-4, pp. 407–411, 2011.