- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 815747, 23 pages
Peristaltic Slip Flow of a Viscoelastic Fluid with Heat and Mass Transfer in a Tube
Institute of Fluid Mechanics, TU Braunschweig, Braunschweig, Germany
Received 26 July 2012; Revised 23 October 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editor: Anuar Ishak
Copyright © 2012 Ayman Mahmoud Sobh. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. F. Elshehawey, A. M. F. Sobh, and E. M. E. Elbarbary, “Peristaltic motion of a generalized Newtonian fluid through a porous medium,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 401–407, 2000.
- D. Tsiklauri and I. Beresnev, “Non-newtonian effects in the peristaltic flow of a Maxwell fluid,” Physical Review E, vol. 64, no. 3, part 2, Article ID 036303, 2001.
- T. Hayat, Y. Wang, A. M. Siddiqui, K. Hutter, and S. Asghar, “Peristaltic transport of a third-order fluid in a circular cylindrical tube,” Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 1691–1706, 2002.
- A. H. Abd El Naby, A. E. M. El Misery, and M. F. Abd El Kareem, “Separation in the flow through peristaltic motion of a Carreau fluid in uniform tube,” Physica A, vol. 343, no. 1–4, pp. 1–14, 2004.
- K. Vajravelu, S. Sreenadh, and V. R. Babu, “Peristaltic transport of a Herschel-Bulkley fluid in an inclined tube,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 83–90, 2005.
- T. Hayat and N. Ali, “On mechanism of peristaltic flows for power-law fluids,” Physica A, vol. 371, no. 2, pp. 188–194, 2006.
- T. Hayat, M. Khan, A. M. Siddiqui, and S. Asghar, “Non-linear peristaltic flow of a non-Newtonian fluid under effect of a magnetic field in a planar channel,” Communications in Nonlinear Science & Numerical Simulation, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 910–919, 2007.
- A. M. Sobh, “Interaction of couple stresses and slip flow on peristaltic transport in uniform and nonuniform channels,” Turkish Journal of Engineering & Environmental Sciences, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 117–123, 2008.
- Md. A. Ikbal, S. Chakravarty, and P. K. Mandal, “An unsteady peristaltic transport phenomenon of non-Newtonian fluid—a generalised approach,” Applied Mathematics & Computation, vol. 201, no. 1-2, pp. 16–34, 2008.
- M. Kothandapani and S. Srinivas, “Non-linear peristaltic transport of a Newtonian fluid in an inclined asymmetric channel through a porous medium,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 8, pp. 1265–1276, 2008.
- S. Srinivas and M. Kothandapani, “The influence of heat and mass transfer on MHD peristaltic flow through a porous space with compliant walls,” Applied Mathematics & Computation, vol. 213, no. 1, pp. 197–208, 2009.
- N. T. M. Eldabe, M. F. El-Sayed, A. Y. Ghaly, and H. M. Sayed, “Mixed convective heat and mass transfer in a non-Newtonian fluid at a peristaltic surface with temperature-dependent viscosity,” Archive of Applied Mechanics, vol. 78, no. 8, pp. 599–624, 2008.
- S. Nadeem and N. S. Akbar, “Influence of radially varying MHD on the peristaltic flow in an annulus with heat and mass transfer,” Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 286–294, 2010.
- N. S. Akbar, S. Nadeem, T. Hayat, and A. A. Hendi, “Effects of heat and mass transfer on the peristaltic flow of hyperbolic tangent fluid in an annulus,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 54, no. 19-20, pp. 4360–4369, 2011.
- T. Hayat, S. Noreen, M. Alhothuali, S. Asghar, and A. Alhomaidan, “Peristaltic flow under the effects of an induced magnetic field and heat and mass transfer,” International Journal of Heat & Mass Transfer, vol. 55, pp. 443–452, 2012.
- T. Hayat, S. Hina, A. A. Hendi, and S. Asghar, “Effect of wall properties on the peristaltic flow of a third grade fluid in a curved channel with heat and mass transfer,” International Journal of Heat & Mass Transfer, vol. 54, pp. 3511–3521, 2012.
- A. M. Sobh, “Slip flow in peristaltic transport of a Carreau fluid in an asymmetric channel,” Canadian Journal of Physics, vol. 87, no. 8, pp. 957–965, 2009.
- T. Hayat and O. U. Mehmood, “Slip effects on MHD flow of third order fluid in a planar channel,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 1363–1377, 2011.
- S. Noreen, T. Hayat, and A. Alsaedi, “Study of slip and induced magnetic field on the peristaltic flow of pseudoplastic fluid,” International Journal of Physical Sciences, vol. 6, pp. 8018–8026, 2011.
- T. Hayat, N. Saleem, and A. A. Hendi, “A mathematical model for studying the slip effect on peristaltic motion with heat and mass transfer,” Chinese Physics Letters, vol. 28, no. 3, Article ID 034702, 4 pages, 2011.
- N. Saleem, T. Hayat, and A. Alsaedi, “Effects of induced magnetic field and slip condition on peristaltic transport with heat and mass transfer in a non-uniform channel,” International Journal of Physical Sciences, vol. 7, pp. 191–204, 2012.
- R. K. Rathy, An Introduction to Fluid Dynamics, IBH Publishing, New Delhi, India, 1976.
- L. M. Srivastava and V. P. Srivastava, “Peristaltic transport of a non-Newtonian fluid: applications to the vas deferens and small intestine,” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 137–153, 1985.