- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 434125, 5 pages
The Optimized Transport Scheme of Empty and Heavy Containers with Novel Genetic Algorithm
1Transportation Management College, Dalian Maritime University, Dalian 116023, China
2Tianjin Urban Planning and Design Institute, Tianjin 300201, China
Received 5 October 2012; Accepted 30 December 2012
Academic Editor: Bin Yu
Copyright © 2013 Lianwei Qu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Lindstrom Bandeira, J. Luiz Becker, and D. Borenstein, “A DSS for integrated distribution of empty and full containers,” Decision Support Systems, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 383–397, 2009.
- T. G. Crainic, M. Gendreau, and P. Dejax, “Dynamic and stochastic models for the allocation of empty containers,” Operations Research, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 102–126, 1993.
- R. K. Cheung and C. Y. Chen, “A two-stage stochastic network model and solution methods for the dynamic empty container allocation problem,” Transportation Science, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 142–162, 1998.
- C. Chen and Q. Zeng, “Designing container shipping network under changing demand and freight rates,” Transport, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 46–57, 2010.
- A. Imai and F. Rivera, “Strategic fleet size planning for maritime refrigerated containers,” Maritime Policy and Management, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 361–374, 2001.
- J.-A. Li, K. Liu, S. C. H. Leung, and K. K. Lai, “Empty container management in a port with long-run average criterion,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 40, no. 1-2, pp. 85–100, 2004.
- C. M. Feng and C. H. Chang, “Empty container reposition planning for intra-Asia liner shipping,” Maritime Policy and Management, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 469–489, 2008.
- H. A. Lu, C. W. Chu, and P. Y. Che, “Seasonal slot allocation planning for a container liner shipping service,” Journal of Marine Science and Technology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 85–92, 2010.
- B. Yu, S. Wu, Z. Yang, and B. Yao, “Dynamic vehicle dispatching at a transfer station in public transportation system,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 138, no. 2, pp. 191–201, 2012.
- B. Yu, Z.-Z. Yang, and S. Li, “Real-time partway deadheading strategy based on transit service reliability assessment,” Transportation Research A, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 1265–1279, 2012.
- B. Yu, Z.-Z. Yang, P.-H. Jin, S.-H. Wu, and B.-Z. Yao, “Transit route network design-maximizing direct and transfer demand density,” Transportation Research C, vol. 22, pp. 58–75, 2012.
- B. Yu, Z. Yang, X. Sun, B. Yao, Q. Zeng, and E. Jeppesen, “Parallel genetic algorithm in bus route headway optimization,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 5081–5091, 2011.