- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 434753, 7 pages
Numerical and Analytical Study for Fourth-Order Integro-Differential Equations Using a Pseudospectral Method
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza 12613, Egypt
2Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Benha University, Benha 13511, Egypt
3Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Mansoura University, Damietta 35516, Egypt
Received 16 July 2012; Accepted 2 December 2012
Academic Editor: Pedro Ribeiro
Copyright © 2013 N. H. Sweilam et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. P. Agarwal, “Boundary value problems for higher order integro-differential equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 259–270, 1983.
- E. Babolian, F. Fattahzadeh, and E. G. Raboky, “A Chebyshev approximation for solving nonlinear integral equations of Hammerstein type,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 189, no. 1, pp. 641–646, 2007.
- A. H. Borzabadi, A. V. Kamyad, and H. H. Mehne, “A different approach for solving the nonlinear Fredholm integral equations of the second kind,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 173, no. 2, pp. 724–735, 2006.
- M. M. Khader, “On the numerical solutions for the fractional diffusion equation,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 2535–2542, 2011.
- N. H. Sweilam, M. M. Khader, and A. M. Nagy, “Numerical solution of two-sided space-fractional wave equation using finite difference method,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 235, no. 8, pp. 2832–2841, 2011.
- M. M. Khader, “Introducing an efficient modification of the variational iteration method by using Chebyshev polynomials,” Applications and Applied Mathematics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 283–299, 2012.
- N. H. Sweilam, “Fourth order integro-differential equations using variational iteration method,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 54, no. 7-8, pp. 1086–1091, 2007.
- M. M. Khader, “Introducing an efficient modification of the homotopy perturbation method by using Chebyshev polynomials,” Arab Journal of Mathematical Sciences, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 61–71, 2012.
- N. H. Sweilam, M. M. Khader, and R. F. Al-Bar, “Homotopy perturbation method for linear and nonlinear system of fractional integro-differential equations,” International Journal of Computational Mathematics and Numerical Simulation, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 73–87, 2008.
- M. M. Khader and S. T. Mohamed, “Numerical treatment for first order neutral delay differential equations using spline functions,” Engineering Mathematics Letters, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 32–43, 2012.
- S. T. Mohamed and M. M. Khader, “Numerical solutions to the second order Fredholm integro-differential equations using the spline functions expansion,” Global Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 34, pp. 21–29, 2011.
- M. M. Khader and A. S. Hendy, “The approximate and exact solutions of the fractional-order delay differential equations using Legendre pseudo-spectral method,” International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 287–297, 2012.
- M. M. Khader, N. H. Sweilam, and A. M. S. Mahdy, “An efficient numerical method for solving the fractional difusion equation,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Bioinformatics, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 1–12, 2011.
- N. H. Sweilam, M. M. Khader, and W. Y. Kota, “On the numerical solution of Hammerstein integral equations using Legendre approximation,” International Journal of Applied Mathematical Research, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 65–76, 2012.
- S. Yousefi and M. Razzaghi, “Legendre wavelets method for the nonlinear Volterra-Fredholm integral equations,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2005.
- J. C. Mason and D. C. Handscomb, Chebyshev Polynomials, Chapman & Hall/CRC, Washington, DC, USA, 2003.
- M. Lakestani and M. Dehghan, “Numerical solution of fourth-order integro-differential equations using Chebyshev cardinal functions,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 87, no. 6, pp. 1389–1394, 2010.
- M. A. Snyder, Chebyshev Methods in Numerical Approximation, Prentice-Hall Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1966.