- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Modelling and Simulation in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 328321, 9 pages
Radar Cross-Section Formulation of a Shell-Shaped Projectile Using Modified PO Analysis
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
Received 30 April 2012; Revised 11 August 2012; Accepted 12 August 2012
Academic Editor: Azah Mohamed
Copyright © 2012 Mohammad Asif Zaman and Md. Abdul Matin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. F. Knott, J. F. Shaeffer, and M. T. Tuley, Rada Cross Section, Scitech Publishing, 2nd edition, 2004.
- D. C. Jenn, Radar and Laser Cross Section Engineering, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), 2nd edition, 2005.
- C. A. Balanis, Antenna Theory Analysis and Design, John Wiley & Sons, 3rd edition, 2005.
- C. Uluişik, G. Çakir, M. Çakir, and L. Sevgi, “Radar cross section (RCS) modeling and simulation, part 1: a tutorial review of definitions, strategies, and canonical examples,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 115–126, 2008.
- G. Çakir, M. Çakir, and L. Sevgi, “Radar cross section (RCS) modeling and simulation, part 2: a novel FDTD-based RCS prediction virtual tool for the resonance regime,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 81–94, 2008.
- C. M. Kuo and C. W. Kuo, “A new scheme for the conformal FDTD method to Calculate the radar cross section of perfect conducting curved objects,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 9, pp. 16–19, 2010.
- J. Ling, S. X. Gong, X. Wang, B. Lu, and W. T. Wang, “A novel two-dimensional extrapolation technique for fast and accurate radar cross section computation,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 9, pp. 244–247, 2010.
- J. Ling, S. X. Gong, W. T. Wang, X. Wang, and Y. J. Zhang, “Fast monostatic radar cross section computation using Maehly approximation,” IET Science, Measurement and Technology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1–4, 2011.
- J. Bao, D. Wang, and E. K. N. Yung, “Electromagnetic scattering from an arbitrarily shaped bi-isotropic body of revolution,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 1689–1698, 2010.
- J. M. Rius, M. Ferrando, and L. Jofre, “High-frequency RCS of complex radar targets in real-time,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 1308–1319, 1993.
- D. A. McNamara, C. W. I. Pistorius, and J. A. G. Malherbe, Introduction to The Uniform Geometrical Theory of Diffraction, Artech House, 1990.
- L. Angermann, Numerical Simulations—Applications, Examples and Theory, Intech, 2011.
- X. J. Chen and X. W. Shi, “An expression for the radar cross section computation of an electrically large perfect conducting cylinder located over a dielectric half-space,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 77, pp. 267–272, 2007.
- S. Blume and G. Kahl, “The physical optics radar cross section of an elliptic cone,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 457–460, 1987.
- C. Bourlier and P. Pouliguen, “Useful analytical formulae for near-field monostatic radar cross section under the physical optics: far-field criterion,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 205–214, 2009.
- D. M. Elking, J. M. Roedder, D. D. Car, and S. D. Alspach, “A review of high-frequency radar cross section analysis capabilities at McDonnell Douglas Aerospace,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 33–43, 1995.
- J. Lee, M. Havrilla, M. Hyde, and E. J. Rothwell, “Scattering from a cylindrical resistive sheet using a modified physical optics current,” IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 482–491, 2008.
- T. Shijo, L. Rodriguez, and M. Ando, “The modified surface-normal vectors in the physical optics,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 3714–3722, 2008.
- R. C. Johnson, Chapter 20: Phased Arrays, Antenna Engineering Handbook, McGraw-Hill, 4th edition, 2007, Edited by: J. L. Volakis.
- R. Ross, “Radar cross section of rectangular flat plates as a function of aspect angle,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 329–335, 1966.
- S. D. Weiner and S. L. Borison, “Radar scattering from blunted cone tips,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 774–781, 1966.
- D. V. Widder, Advanced Calculus, Prentice Hall, 2nd edition, 2004.
- T. M. Apostol, Calculus Volume II, John Wiley & Sons, 2nd edition, 1969.
- A. D. Polyanin and A. V. Manzhirov, Handbook of Mathematics for Engineers and Scientists, Chapman & Hall, 2007.
- S. S. Soliman and M. D. Srinath, Continuous and Discrete Signals and Systems, Prentice Hall, 2007.
- M. Andreasen, “Scattering from bodies of revolution,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 303–310, 1965.