- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 728547, 6 pages
Is Physical Activity Able to Modify Oxidative Damage in Cardiovascular Aging?
1Department of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Molise, Via Giovanni Paolo II, Località Tappino, 86100 Campobasso, Italy
2Department of Medicine and Sugery, University of Salerno, Via Salvador Allende, 84081 Baronissi (SA), Italy
3Istituto Scientifico di Campoli/Telese, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Via Bagni Vecchi 1, 82037 Telese Terme (BN), Italy
Received 22 June 2012; Accepted 13 August 2012
Academic Editor: William C. Burhans
Copyright © 2012 Graziamaria Corbi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [29 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Zhi-Qiang Xu, Lu-Qing Zhang, Qin Wang, Charles Marshall, Na Xiao, Jun-Ying Gao, Ting Wu, Jiong Ding, Gang Hu, and Ming Xiao, “Aerobic Exercise Combined with Antioxidative Treatment does not Counteract Moderate- or Mid-Stage Alzheimer-Like Pathophysiology of APP/PS1 Mice,” CNS Neuroscience & Therapeutics, 2013.
- Nicola Ferrara, Pierfranco Terrosu, Giuseppe Zuccalà, and Alberto Corsini, “Polytherapy and polypharmacy in the elderly with chronic heart failure,” Giornale Italiano di Cardiologia, vol. 14, no. 3, 2013.
- Edward Archer, Amanda E. Paluch, Robin P. Shook, and Steven N. Blair, “Physical Activity and the Science of Successful Aging,” Kinesiology Review, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 29–38, 2013.
- Michele Cellurale, Graziamaria Corbi, Andrea Bianco, Federica Fatica, Aurora Daniele, Gennaro Mazzarella, Nicola Ferrara, and Viviana Turchiarelli, “Potential Mechanisms Linking Atherosclerosis and Increased Cardiovascular Risk in COPD: Focus On Sirtuins,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 12696–12713, 2013.
- Baruch Narotzki, Abraham Z. Reznick, Tali Mitki, Dror Aizenbud, and Yishai Levy, “Enhanced Cardiovascular Risk and Altered Oxidative Status in Elders with Moderate Excessive Body Fat,” Rejuvenation Research, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 334–340, 2014.
- Marcus Vinicius Machado, Aline Bomfim Vieira, Alessandro Rodrigues Nascimento, Rômulo Lanza Martins, Julio Beltrame Daleprane, Marcos Adriano Lessa, and Eduardo Tibiriçá, “Physical Exercise Restores Microvascular Function in Obese Rats with Metabolic Syndrome,” Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders, pp. 140819133251008, 2014.
- Jesús Del Pozo-Cruz, Elisabeth Rodríguez-Bies, Ignacio Navas-Enamorado, Borja Del Pozo-Cruz, Plácido Navas, and Guillermo López-Lluch, “Relationship between functional capacity and body mass index with plasma coenzyme Q10 and oxidative damage in community-dwelling elderly-people,” Experimental Gerontology, 2014.
- Chao-Hung Lai, Tsung-Jung Ho, Wei-Wen Kuo, Cecilia-Hsuan Day, Pei-ying Pai, Li-Chin Chung, Po-Hsiang Liao, Feng-Huei Lin, En-Ting Wu, and Chih-Yang Huang, “Exercise training enhanced SIRT1 longevity signaling replaces the IGF1 survival pathway to attenuate aging-induced rat heart apoptosis,” Age, vol. 36, no. 5, 2014.
- Weiwei Wang, Hao Zhang, Guo Xue, Li Zhang, Weihua Zhang, Lina Wang, Fanghao Lu, Hongzhu Li, Shuzhi Bai, Yan Lin, Yu Lou, Changqing Xu, and Yajun Zhao, “Exercise Training Preserves Ischemic Preconditioning in Aged Rat Hearts by Restoring the Myocardial Polyamine Pool,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2014, pp. 1–14, 2014.
- Nicolás Lillo, Gonzalo Palomo-Vélez, Eduardo Fuentes, and Iván Palomo, “Role of physical activity in cardiovascular disease prevention in older adults,” Sport Sciences for Health, 2015.
- Alessandro Pingitore, Giuseppina Pace Pereira Lima, Francesca Mastorci, Alfredo Quinones, Giorgio Iervasi, and Cristina Vassalle, “Exercise and oxidative stress: Potential effects of antioxidant dietary strategies in sports,” Nutrition, vol. 31, no. 7-8, pp. 916–922, 2015.
- Valeria Conti, Graziamaria Corbi, Vittorio Simeon, Giusy Russomanno, Valentina Manzo, Nicola Ferrara, and Amelia Filippelli, “Aging-related changes in oxidative stress response of human endothelial cells,” Aging Clinical and Experimental Research, 2015.
- Edward G. Lakatta, “So! What's aging? Is cardiovascular aging a disease?,” Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, 2015.
- Bharathi Upadhya, George E. Taffet, Che Ping Cheng, and Dalane W. Kitzman, “Heart failure with preserved ejection fraction in the elderly: scope of the problem,” Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, 2015.
- Mohamed Amine Bouzid, Omar Hammouda, Régis Matran, Sophie Robin, and Claudine Fabre, “Influence of physical fitness on antioxidant activity and malondialdehyde level in healthy older adults,” Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, pp. 1–8, 2015.
- Daniel Sincholle, “Prévenir et contrôler le stress oxydant,” Pratiques en nutrition, vol. 11, no. 44, pp. 17–24, 2015.
- Anna Gawron-Skarbek, Jacek Chrzczanowicz, Joanna Kostka, Dariusz Nowak, Wojciech Drygas, Anna Jegier, and Tomasz Kostka, “Physical Activity, Aerobic Capacity, and Total Antioxidant Capacity in Healthy Men and in Men with Coronary Heart Disease,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.
- V. Conti, G. Corbi, V. Manzo, G. Pelaia, A. Filippelli, and A. Vatrella, “Sirtuin 1 and Aging Theory for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease,” Analytical Cellular Pathology, vol. 2015, pp. 1–8, 2015.
- Louise E See Hoe, Lauren T May, John P Headrick, and Jason N Peart, “Sarcolemmal dependence of cardiac protection and stress-resistance: roles in aged or diseased hearts,” British Journal of Pharmacology, 2016.
- Marco Cannistrà, Raffaele Grande, Michele Ruggiero, Matteo Novello, Alessandra Zullo, Elisabetta Bonaiuto, Sebastiano Vaccarisi, Giuseppe Cavallari, Raffaele Serra, and Bruno Nardo, “Resection of Hepatocellular carcinoma in elderly patients: The role of energy balance,” International Journal of Surgery, 2016.
- Marcus V. Machado, Rômulo L. Martins, Juliana Borges, Bárbara R. Antunes, Vanessa Estato, Aline B. Vieira, and Eduardo Tibiriçá, “Exercise Training Reverses Structural Microvascular Rarefaction and Improves Endothelium-Dependent Microvascular Reactivity in Rats with Diabetes,” Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders, 2016.
- Natalia Stedile, Raquel Canuto, Camila Dallavechia de Col, Juliane Souza de Sene, Adriana Stolfo, Gabrielle Nunes de Souza Wisintainer, João Antonio Pêgas Henriques, and Mirian Salvador, “Dietary total antioxidant capacity is associated with plasmatic antioxidant capacity, nutrient intake and lipid and DNA damage in healthy women,” International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 479–488, 2016.
- Valeria Conti, Viviana Izzo, Graziamaria Corbi, Giusy Russomanno, Valentina Manzo, Federica De Lise, Alberto Di Donato, and Amelia Filippelli, “Antioxidant Supplementation in the Treatment of Aging-Associated Diseases,” Frontiers in Pharmacology, vol. 7, 2016.
- Nakou Es, Parthenakis Fi, Kallergis Em, Marketou Me, Nakos Ks, and Vardas Pe, “Healthy aging and myocardium: A complicated process with various effects in cardiac structure and physiology,” International Journal of Cardiology, 2016.
- Alexandra Fischer, Simone Onur, Petra Niklowitz, Thomas Menke, Matthias Laudes, Gerald Rimbach, and Frank Döring, “Coenzyme Q10 Status as a Determinant of Muscular Strength in Two Independent Cohorts,” Plos One, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. e0167124, 2016.
- Gaia Favero, Lorenzo Franceschetti, Barbara Buffoli, Moghadasian H. Mohammed, Russel J. Reiter, Luigi Fabrizio Rodella, and Rita Rezzani, “Melatonin: Protection against Age-related Cardiac Pathology,” Ageing Research Reviews, 2016.
- Petra Niklowitz, Simone Onur, Alexandra Fischer, Matthias Laudes, Michael Palussen, Thomas Menke, and Frank Döring, “Coenzyme Q10 serum concentration and redox status in European adults: influence of age, sex, and lipoprotein concentration,” Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, 2016.
- Hiroko Inoue, Atsuhiro Kishimoto, Ryoko Ushikoshi-Nakayama, Ayaka Hasaka, Ayako Takahashi, Koufuchi Ryo, Takashi Muramatsu, Fumio Ide, Kenji Mishima, and Ichiro Saito, “Resveratrol improves salivary dysfunction in a non-obese diabetic (NOD) mouse model of Sjögren’s syndrome,” Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, 2016.
- Yu Tahara, Yuta Takatsu, Takuya Shiraishi, Yosuke Kikuchi, Mayu Yamazaki, Hiroaki Motohashi, Aya Muto, Hiroyuki Sasaki, Atsushi Haraguchi, Daisuke Kuriki, Takahiro J Nakamura, and Shigenobu Shibata, “Age-related circadian disorganization caused by sympathetic dysfunction in peripheral clock regulation,” npj Aging and Mechanisms of Disease, vol. 3, pp. 16030, 2017.