- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 302894, 12 pages
Markers of Field Cancerization: Proposed Clinical Applications in Prostate Biopsies
1Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
2New Mexico Cancer Center, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Received 6 February 2012; Accepted 8 March 2012
Academic Editor: Sandra M. Gaston
Copyright © 2012 Kristina A. Trujillo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Brigitte N. Gomperts, Tonya C. Walser, Avrum Spira, and Steven M. Dubinett, “Enriching the Molecular Definition of the Airway "Field of Cancerization:" Establishing New Paradigms for the Patient at Risk for Lung Cancer,” Cancer Prevention Research, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 4–7, 2013.
- M. L. Verschoor, R. Ungard, A. Harbottle, J. P. Jakupciak, R. L. Parr, and G. Singh, “Mitochondria and Cancer: Past, Present, and Future,” Biomed Research International, 2013.
- Peter H. Gann, Mahesh Mohnani, Erika Enk Rueter, Anup Amatya, Ryan Deaton, Yirong Yang, and Viju Ananthanarayanan, “Development of a Nuclear Morphometric Signature for Prostate Cancer Risk in Negative Biopsies,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 7, 2013.
- G. Paolo Dotto, “Multifocal epithelial tumors and field cancerization: stroma as a primary determinant,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 124, no. 4, pp. 1446–1453, 2014.
- Ying Zhang, Thomas Perez, Beth Blondin, Jing Du, Ping Liu, Diana Escarzaga, John S. Coon, Larry E. Morrison, and Katerina Pestova, “Identification of FISH biomarkers to detect chromosome abnormalities associated with prostate adenocarcinoma in tumour and field effect environment,” Bmc Cancer, vol. 14, 2014.
- Anna C. Jones, Kresta S. Antillon, Shannon M. Jenkins, Sara N. Janos, Heidi N. Overton, Dor S. Shoshan, Edgar G. Fischer, Kristina A. Trujillo, and Marco Bisoffi, “Prostate Field Cancerization: Deregulated Expression of Macrophage Inhibitory Cytokine 1 (MIC-1) and Platelet Derived Growth Factor A (PDGF-A) in Tumo,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 3, 2015.
- Hemant K. Roy, Charles B. Brendler, Hariharan Subramanian, Di Zhang, Charles Maneval, John Chandler, Leah Bowen, Karen L. Kaul, Brian T. Helfand, Chi-Hsiung Wang, Margo Quinn, Jacqueline Petkewicz, Michael Paterakos, and Vadim Backman, “Nanocytological Field Carcinogenesis Detection to Mitigate Overdiagnosis of Prostate Cancer: A Proof of Concept Study,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 2, 2015.
- Hanibal Hani Adamo, Kerstin Stromvall, Maria Nilsson, Sofia Halin Bergstrom, and Anders Bergh, “Adaptive (TINT) Changes in the Tumor Bearing Organ Are Related to Prostate Tumor Size and Aggressiveness,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 11, 2015.
- Maria Nilsson, Christina Hagglof, Peter Hammarsten, Elin Thysell, Par Stattin, Lars Egevad, Torvald Granfors, Emma Jernberg, Pernilla Wikstrom, Sofia Halin Bergstrom, and Anders Bergh, “High Lysyl Oxidase (LOX) in the Non-Malignant Prostate Epithelium Predicts a Poor Outcome in Prostate Cancer Patient Managed by Watchful Waiting,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 10, 2015.
- Alex Stepan, Cristiana Simionescu, Daniel Pirici, Raluca Ciurea, and Claudiu Margaritescu, “Fractal Analysis and the Diagnostic Usefulness of Silver Staining Nucleolar Organizer Regions in Prostate Adenocarcinoma,” Analytical Cellular Pathology, vol. 2015, pp. 1–11, 2015.
- Ilinca Georgescu, Robert J. Gooding, R. Christopher Doiron, Andrew Day, Shamini Selvarajah, Chris Davidson, David M. Berman, and Paul C. Park, “Molecular characterization of Gleason patterns 3 and 4 prostate cancer using reverse Warburg effect-associated genes,” Cancer & Metabolism, vol. 4, no. 1, 2016.
- Benjamin A. Rybicki, Andrew Rundle, Oleksandr N. Kryvenko, Nicoleta Mitrache, Kieu C. Do, Michelle Jankowski, Dhananjay A. Chitale, Sheri Trudeau, Steven A. Belinsky, and Deliang Tang, “Methylation in benign prostate and risk of disease progression in men subsequently diagnosed with prostate cancer,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 138, no. 12, pp. 2884–2893, 2016.
- Adam Kowalewski, Łukasz Szylberg, Anna Skórczewska, and Andrzej Marszałek, “Diagnostic difficulties with atrophy, atypical adenomatous hyperplasia (AAH) and atypical small acinar proliferation (ASAP). A Systematic Review of Current Literature,” Clinical Genitourinary Cancer, 2016.
- P. Janeth Fernandez, Stelia C. Méndez-Sánchez, C.A. Gonzalez-Correa, and David A. Miranda, “Could Field Cancerization be Interpreted as A Biochemical Anomaly Amplification due to Transformed Cells?,” Medical Hypotheses, 2016.
- Elisa Pin, Steven Stratton, Claudio Belluco, Lance Liotta, Ray Nagle, K. Alex Hodge, Jianghong Deng, Ting Dong, Elisa Baldelli, Emanuel Petricoin, and Mariaelena Pierobon, “A Pilot Study Exploring the Molecular Architecture of the Tumor Microenvironment in Human Prostate Cancer Using a Laser Capture Microdissection and Reverse Phase Protein Microarray Workflow,” Molecular Oncology, 2016.