- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 327253, 11 pages
Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer: Mechanisms, Targets, and Treatment
Oncology Division, Hospital de Santa Maria, Instituto de Medicina Molecular, 1649-039 Lisbon, Portugal
Received 26 September 2011; Revised 1 December 2011; Accepted 20 December 2011
Academic Editor: William L. Dahut
Copyright © 2012 Teresa Maria Santos Amaral et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [35 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Amit Bahl, “Metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. Part 1: the challenges of the disease and its treatment,” European Journal of Oncology Nursing, vol. 17, pp. S1–S6, 2013.
- Sébastien Fortin, Kevin Brasseur, Nathalie Morin, Éric Asselin, and Gervais Bérubé, “New platinum(II) complexes conjugate at position 7α of 17β-acetyl-testosterone as new combi-molecules against prostate cancer: Design, synthesis, structure-activity relationships and biological evaluation,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2013.
- Thippeswamy Gulappa, Ramadevi Subramani Reddy, Suman Suman, Alice M. Nyakeriga, and Chendil Damodaran, “Molecular interplay between cdk4 and p21 dictates G0/G1 cell cycle arrest in prostate cancer cells,” Cancer Letters, 2013.
- Sausan Abouharb, and Paul G. Corn, “Optimal Therapy Sequencing in Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer,” Current Oncology Reports, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 217–223, 2013.
- K. Franke, M. Baur, L. Daum, M. Vaegler, K.-D. Sievert, and B. Schlosshauer, “Prostate carcinoma cell growth-inhibiting hydrogel supports axonal regeneration in vitro,” Neuroscience Letters, vol. 541, pp. 248–252, 2013.
- Minyi He, Yun Liu, Xinjun Deng, Songtao Qi, Xuegang Sun, Gang Liu, Yongguang Liu, Yawei Liu, and Ming Zhao, “Down-regulation of miR-200b-3p by low p73 contributes to the androgen-independence of prostate cancer cells,” The Prostate, 2013.
- Zaki Shaikhibrahim, Roopika Menon, Martin Braun, Anne Offermann, Angela Queisser, Diana Boehm, Wenzel Vogel, Kerstin Rüenauver, Christian Ruiz, Tobias Zellweger, Maria Svensson, Ove Andren, Glen Kristiansen, Nicolas Wernert, Lukas Bubendorf, Jutta Kirfel, Saskia Biskup, and Sven Perner, “ MED15 , encoding a subunit of the mediator complex, is overexpressed at high frequency in castration-resistant prostate cancer ,” International Journal of Cancer, 2013.
- Kimberley Carter, “Advances in prostate cancer treatment,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 823–824, 2013.
- Roopika Menon, Mario Deng, Kerstin Rüenauver, Angela Queisser, Martin Pfeifer, Anne Offermann, Diana Boehm, Wenzel Vogel, Veit Scheble, Falko Fend, Glen Kristiansen, Nicolas Wernert, Nicole Oberbeckmann, Saskia Biskup, Mark A Rubin, Zaki Shaikhibrahim, and Sven Perner, “ Somatic copy number alterations by whole-exome sequencing implicates YWHAZ and PTK2 in castration-resistant prostate cancer ,” The Journal of Pathology, vol. 231, no. 4, pp. 505–516, 2013.
- Archana Mukhopadhyay, Kayann Tabanor, Rathnam Chaguturu, and Jane V Aldrich, “Targeting inhibitor 2 of protein phosphatase 2A as a therapeutic strategy for prostate cancer treatment,” Cancer Biology & Therapy, vol. 14, no. 10, 2013.
- Sara Pignatta, Chiara Arienti, Wainer Zoli, Marzia Di Donato, Gabriella Castoria, Elisa Gabucci, Valentina Casadio, Mirella Falconi, Ugo De Giorgi, Rosella Silvestrini, and Anna Tesei, “Prolonged exposure to (R)-bicalutamide generates a LNCaP subclone with alteration of mitochondrial genome,” Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, 2013.
- Guillaume Ploussard, and Pierre Mongiat-Artus, “Triptorelin in the management of prostate cancer,” Future Oncology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 93–102, 2013.
- Tanya I. Stoyanova, and Andrew S. Goldstein, “Identification, characterization and targeting of Docetaxel-resistant prostate cancer cells,” Asian Journal Of Andrology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 83–84, 2013.
- S. Belikov, C. Öberg, T. Jääskeläinen, V. Rahkama, J.J. Palvimo, and Ö. Wrange, “FoxA1 corrupts the antiandrogenic effect of bicalutamide but only weakly attenuates the effect of MDV3100 (Enzalutamide™),” Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, vol. 365, no. 1, pp. 95–107, 2013.
- Sonia Liberati, Giorgio Santoni, Maria Beatrice Morelli, Massimo Nabissi, and Matteo Santoni, “Oncogenic and Anti-Oncogenic Effects of Transient Receptor Potential Channels,” Current Topics In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 344–366, 2013.
- A. Brett Hauber, Jorge Arellano, Yi Qian, Juan Marcos González, Joshua D. Posner, Ateesha F. Mohamed, Francesca Gatta, Bertrand Tombal, and Jean-Jacques Body, “Patient preferences for treatments to delay bone metastases,” The Prostate, 2014.
- Cat N. Bui, Li Wang, and Onur Baser, “Resource utilization and use of life-extending therapies and corticosteroids in prostate cancer patients with corticosteroid-sensitive comorbidities,” Current Medical Research and Opinion, pp. 1–30, 2014.
- Inna Armandari, Agus Rizal Hamid, Gerald Verhaegh, and Jack Schalken, “Intratumoral steroidogenesis in castration-resistant prostate cancer: a target for therapy,” Prostate International, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 105–113, 2014.
- Angela Calastretti, Giuliana Gatti, Carolina Quaresmini, and Annamaria Bevilacqua, “Down-modulation of Bcl-2 sensitizes PTEN-mutated prostate cancer cells to starvation and taxanes,” The Prostate, 2014.
- Yongqiang Chen, Lu Zheng, Junquan Liu, Zhonghai Zhou, Xiliang Cao, Xiaoting Lv, and Fuxing Chen, “Shikonin inhibits prostate cancer cells metastasis by reducing matrix metalloproteinase-2/-9 expression via AKT/mTOR and ROS/ERK1/2 pathways,” International Immunopharmacology, 2014.
- Jacques Gilloteaux, James M. Jamison, Deborah Neal, and Jack L. Summers, “Synergistic Antitumor Cytotoxic Actions of Ascorbate and Menadione on Human Prostate (DU145) Cancer Cells In Vitro: Nucleus and Other Injuries Preceding Cell Death by Autoschizis,” Ultrastructural Pathology, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 116–140, 2014.
- Juliana Inês Santos, Ana Luísa Teixeira, Francisca Dias, Mónica Gomes, Augusto Nogueira, Joana Assis, and Rui Medeiros, “Restoring TGFβ1 pathway-related microRNAs: possible impact in metastatic prostate cancer development,” Tumor Biology, 2014.
- Matt Shirley, and Paul L. McCormack, “Radium-223 Dichloride: A Review of Its Use in Patients with Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer with Symptomatic Bone Metastases,” Drugs, 2014.
- Minyong Kang, Hye Sun Lee, Young Ju Lee, Woo Suk Choi, Yong Hyun Park, Chang Wook Jeong, Ja Hyeon Ku, Hyeon Hoe Kim, and Cheol Kwak, “S100A3 Suppression Inhibits In Vitro and In Vivo Tumor Growth and Invasion of Human Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer Cells,” Urology, 2014.
- Er-Jiang Lin, Xian Zhang, Da-Ya Wang, Shi-Zhe Hong, and Lei-Yu Li, “Naringenin modulates the metastasis of human prostate cancer cells by down regulating the matrix metalloproteinases-2/-9 via ROS/ERK1/2 pathways,” Bangladesh Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 419–427, 2014.
- Barbara Kahn, Joanne Collazo, and Natasha Kyprianou, “Androgen Receptor as a Driver of Therapeutic Resistance in Advanced Prostate Cancer,” International Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 588–595, 2014.
- Lin Zhang, Shuping Yang, Xingcheng Chen, Seth Stauffer, Fang Yu, Subodh M. Lele, Kai Fu, Kaustubh Datta, Nicholas Palermo, Yuanhong Chen, and Jixin Dong, “The Hippo Pathway Effector YAP Regulates Motility, Invasion, and Castration-Resistant Growth of Prostate Cancer Cells,” Molecular And Cellular Biology, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 1350–1362, 2015.
- Ruhani Singh, Marck Norret, Michael J. House, Yuriy Galabura, Michael Bradshaw, Diwei Ho, Robert C. Woodward, Timothy G. St. Pierre, Igor Luzinov, Nicole M. Smith, Lee Yong Lim, and Killugudi Swaminathan Iyer, “Dose-Dependent Therapeutic Distinction between Active and Passive Targeting Revealed Using Transferrin-Coated PGMA Nanoparticles,” Small, 2015.
- Jiajia Hu, Hu Lei, Xiaochun Fei, Sheng Liang, Hanzhang Xu, Dongjun Qin, Yue Wang, Yingli Wu, and Biao Li, “NES1/KLK10 gene represses proliferation, enhances apoptosis and down-regulates glucose metabolism of PC3 prostate cancer cells,” Scientific Reports, vol. 5, 2015.
- Maria José Ribal, Juan Ignacio Martínez-Salamanca, and Camilo García Freire, “Current Patterns of Management of Advanced Prostate Cancer in Routine Clinical Practice in Spain,” Prostate Cancer, vol. 2015, pp. 1–6, 2015.
- A J Browne, A Göbel, S Thiele, L C Hofbauer, M Rauner, and T D Rachner, “p38 MAPK regulates the Wnt inhibitor Dickkopf-1 in osteotropic prostate cancer cells,” Cell Death and Disease, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. e2119, 2016.
- Minzan Zuo, Xi Xu, Zhouling Xie, Raoling Ge, Ziyu Zhang, Zhiyu Li, and Jinlei Bian, “Design and synthesis of indoline thiohydantoin derivatives based on enzalutamide as antiproliferative agents against prostate cancer,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2016.
- Yuanjun Ma, Yali Miao, Zhuochun Peng, Johanna Sandgren, Teresita Díaz De Ståhl, Mikael Huss, Lena Lennartsson, Yanling Liu, Monica Nistér, Sten Nilsson, and Chunde Li, “Identification of mutations, gene expression changes and fusion transcripts by whole transcriptome RNAseq in docetaxel resistant prostate cancer cells,” SpringerPlus, vol. 5, no. 1, 2016.
- Yue-Hong Shen, Fei Yang, Hua Wang, Zhi-Jian Cai, Yi-Peng Xu, An Zhao, Ying Su, Gu Zhang, and Shao-Xing Zhu, “Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD)-Modified E1A/E1B Double Mutant Adenovirus Enhances Antitumor Activity in Prostate Cancer Cells In Vitro and in Mice,” Plos One, vol. 11, no. 1, 2016.
- Maria J. Alvarez-Cubero, Fernando Vazquez-Alonso, Ignacio Puche-Sanz, F. Gabriel Ortega, M. Martin-Prieto, Jose L. Garcia-Puche, Manrique Pascual-Geler, Jose A. Lorente, Jose M. Cozar-Olmo, and Maria J. Serrano, “Dormant Circulating Tumor Cells in Prostate Cancer: Therapeutic, Clinical and Biological Implications,” Current Drug Targets, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 693–701, 2016.