- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Pain Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 585419, 8 pages
Neurobiology Underlying Fibromyalgia Symptoms
1Alan Edwards Centre for Research on Pain, McGill University, 3640 University Street, Room M19, Montreal, QC, Canada H2A 1C1
2Department of Neurology & Neurosurgery, McGill University, 3640 University Street, Room M19, Montreal, QC, Canada H2A 1C1
3Department of Anesthesia, McGill University, 3640 University Street, Room M19, Montreal, QC, Canada H2A 1C1
4Center for Neurosensory Disorders, University of North Carolina, CB No. 7280, 3330 Thurston Building, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Received 27 April 2011; Accepted 23 August 2011
Academic Editor: Muhammad B. Yunus
Copyright © 2012 Marta Ceko et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M. Noll-Hussong, and H. Gündel, “Etiopathogenetic aspects of somatoform disorders,” Nervenarzt, vol. 83, no. 9, pp. 1106–1114, 2012.
- Liliana Lourenco Jorge, and Edson Amaro, “Brain imaging in fibromyalgia,” Current Pain and Headache Reports, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 388–398, 2012.
- L. Chang, and S. E. Kim, “Overlap between functional GI disorders and other functional syndromes: what are the underlying mechanisms?,” Neurogastroenterology And Motility, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 895–913, 2012.
- Vicente J. Beltrán-Carrillo, Juan Tortosa-Martínez, George Jennings, and Elena S. Sánchez, “Contributions of a Group-Based Exercise Program for Coping with Fibromyalgia: A Qualitative Study Giving Voice to Female Patients,” Women and Health, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 612–629, 2013.
- Juan E. Blümel, Peter Chedraui, German Baron, Emma Belzares, Ascanio Bencosme, Andres Calle, Luis Danckers, Maria T. Espinoza, Daniel Flores, Gustavo Gomez, Jose A. Hernandez-Bueno, Humberto Izaguirre, Patricia Leon-Leon, Selva Lima, Edward Mezones-Holguin, Alvaro Monterrosa, Desiree Mostajo, Daysi Navarro, Eliana Ojeda, William Onatra, Monique Royer, Edwin Soto, Konstantinos Tserotas, and Maria S. Vallejo, “Menopause could be involved in the pathogenesis of muscle and joint aches in mid-aged women,” Maturitas, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 94–100, 2013.
- Levent Gurbuzler, Ahmet Inanir, Kursat Yelken, Sema Koc, Ahmet Eyibilen, and Ismail Onder Uysal, “Voice disorder in patients with Fibromyalgia,” Auris Nasus Larynx, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 554–557, 2013.
- A. G. Bushmakin, J. C. Cappelleri, A. B. Chandran, and G. Zlateva, “Evaluation of the fibromyalgia impact questionnaire at baseline as a predictor for time to pain improvement in two clinical trials of pregabalin,” International Journal Of Clinical Practice, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 52–59, 2013.
- Fabricio Ferreira de Oliveira, and Paulo Henrique Ferreira Bertolucci, “Cognitive Impairment in Fibromyalgia,” Current Pain And Headache Reports, vol. 17, no. 7, 2013.
- Caroline P. Klein, Nathalia D.M. Sperotto, Izaque S. Maciel, Carlos E. Leite, Alessandra H. Souza, and Maria M. Campos, “Effects Of D-Series Resolvins On Behavioral And Neurochemical Changes In A Fibromyalgia-Like Model In Mice,” Neuropharmacology, 2014.
- Markus Kofler, and Wolfgang Halder, “Alterations in excitatory and inhibitory brainstem interneuronal circuits in fibromyalgia: Evidence of brainstem dysfunction,” Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 125, no. 3, pp. 593–601, 2014.
- Patricia R Souza, and Lucy V Norling, “Implications for eicosapentaenoic acid- and docosahexaenoic acid-derived resolvins as therapeutics for arthritis,” European Journal of Pharmacology, 2015.
- Mark Plazier, Jan Ost, Erwin Snijders, Martijn Gilbers, Tim Vancamp, Dirk De Ridder, and Sven Vanneste, “Laser-Evoked Potentials in Fibromyalgia: The Influence of Greater Occipital Nerve Stimulation on Cerebral Pain Processing,” Neuromodulation, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 376–383, 2015.
- Alice Theadom, Mark Cropley, and Thomas Kantermann, “Daytime napping associated with increased symptom severity in fibromyalgia syndrome,” BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol. 16, no. 1, 2015.
- Andrea T. Borchers, and M. Eric Gershwin, “Fibromyalgia: A Critical and Comprehensive Review,” Clinical Reviews in Allergy & Immunology, 2015.
- Howard M. Kravitz, and Robert S. Katz, “Fibrofog and fibromyalgia: a narrative review and implications for clinical practice,” Rheumatology International, 2015.
- I. Tsilioni, I. J. Russell, J. M. Stewart, R. M. Gleason, and T. C. Theoharides, “Neuropeptides CRH, SP, HK-1, and Inflammatory Cytokines IL-6 and TNF Are Increased in Serum of Patients with Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Implicating Mast Cells,” Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, vol. 356, no. 3, pp. 664–672, 2016.