- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Society Affiliation ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 927463, 7 pages
Large Carpenter Bees as Agricultural Pollinators
Department of Science Education—Biology, University of Haifa, Oranim, Tivon 36006, Israel
Received 12 September 2009; Accepted 9 January 2010
Academic Editor: Claus Rasmussen
Copyright © 2010 Tamar Keasar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Murilo V. Silveira, Alfredo R. Abot, José N. Nascimento, Edson T. Rodrigues, Sérgio R. Rodrigues, and Anderson Puker, “Is manual pollination of yellow passion fruit completely dispensable?,” Scientia Horticulturae, vol. 146, pp. 99–103, 2012.
- Mohammed A. Hannan, Abdulaziz S. Alqarni, Ayman A. Owayss, and Michael S. Engel, “The large carpenter bees of central Saudi Arabia, with notes on the biology of Xylocopa sulcatipes Maa (Hymenoptera,Apidae, Xylocopinae),” Zookeys, no. 201, pp. 1–14, 2012.
- Camila N. Junqueira, Marcela Yamamoto, Paulo E. Oliveira, Katja Hogendoorn, and Solange C. Augusto, “Nest management increases pollinator density in passion fruit orchards,” Apidologie, 2013.
- C F Martins, K M M de Siqueira, L H P Kiill, I I S Sá, and C M L Aguiar, “Density and Distribution of Xylocopa Nests (Hymenoptera: Apidae) in Caatinga Areas in the Surroundings of Passion Fruit Crops,” Neotropical Entomology, 2014.
- Watcharapong Hongjamrassilp, and Natapot Warrit, “Nesting biology of an Oriental carpenter bee, Xylocopa (Biluna) nasalis Westwood, 1838, in Thailand (Hymenoptera, Apidae, Xylocopinae),” Journal of Hymenoptera Research, vol. 41, pp. 75–94, 2014.
- Alex Lehman, Richard Pender, Clifford Morden, and Ania M. Wieczorek, “ Assessment of Persistence of Hybrids between Alien Pima Cotton, Gossypium barbadense (Malvaceae), and Endemic Hawaiian Cotton, G. tomentosum , in Hawai'i 1 ,” Pacific Science, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 85–96, 2014.
- Mariano Lucia, Victor H. Gonzalez, and Alberto H. Abrahamovich, “Systematics and biology of Xylocopa subgenus Schonnherria (Hymenoptera, Apidae) in Argentina,” ZooKeys, vol. 543, pp. 129–167, 2015.
- Jonathan R. Mawdsley, “ Cladistic analysis and evolutionary relationships of the “ Megaxylocopa clade” of the genus Xylocopa Latreille, 1802 (Insecta: Hymenoptera: Apidae) ,” Tropical Zoology, pp. 1–9, 2015.
- Akira Yoshioka, Yoshio Mishima, and Keita Fukasawa, “Pollinators and Other Flying Insects inside and outside the Fukushima Evacuation Zone,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 11, 2015.
- Jonathan R. Mawdsley, “ An annotated checklist of the large carpenter bees, genus Xylocopa Latreille (Hymenoptera: Apidae), from the Philippine Islands ,” Oriental Insects, pp. 1–24, 2015.
- Jonathan R. Mawdsley, “ The blue carpenter bees: a synopsis of the “Cyaneoderes group” of genus Xylocopa Latreille, 1802 (Hymenoptera: Apidae) ,” Oriental Insects, pp. 1–10, 2016.