- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 498604, 5 pages
Impact of Unplanned Excision on Prognosis of Patients with Extremity Soft Tissue Sarcoma
1Department of Surgery, Section of Orthopaedic Surgery, Aga Khan University Hospital, Stadium Road, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
2Department of Oncology, Section of Radiation Oncology, Aga Khan University Hospital, Stadium Road, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
3Department of Oncology, Aga Khan University Hospital, Stadium Road, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Received 26 December 2012; Revised 6 April 2013; Accepted 10 April 2013
Academic Editor: Alberto Pappo
Copyright © 2013 Hafiz Muhammad Umer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- R. Lor Randall, “Does experience matter in sarcoma surgery?,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, 2013.
- Ajay Puri, “Extending The Frontiers Of Limb Salvage – Geographically And Surgically!,” Operative Techniques in Orthopaedics, 2013.
- Ajay Puri, “Orthopedic Oncology â€“ â€œThe Challenges Aheadâ€,” Frontiers in Surgery, vol. 1, 2014.
- Carlos E. H. Hanasilo, Marcelo S. Casadei, Leandro Auletta, Eliane M. I. Amstalden, Silvia R. F. Matte, and Mauricio Etchebehere, “Comparative study of planned and unplanned excisions for the treatment of soft tissue sarcoma of the extremities,” Clinics, vol. 69, no. 9, pp. 579–584, 2014.
- Robert J. Canter, “Surgical approach for soft tissue sarcoma,” Current Opinion in Oncology, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 343–348, 2015.
- Takeshi Morii, Takayuki Aoyagi, Takashi Tajima, Akira Yoshiyama, Shouichi Ichimura, and Kazuo Mochizuki, “Unplanned resection of a soft tissue sarcoma: clinical characteristics and impact on oncological and functional outcomes,” Journal Of Orthopaedic Science, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 373–379, 2015.
- Georgios Koulaxouzidis, Eugenia Schwarzkopf, Holger Bannasch, and G. Björn Stark, “Is revisional surgery mandatory when an unexpected sarcoma diagnosis is made following primary surgery?,” World Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 13, no. 1, 2015.
- Hyun Guy Kang, “Diagnoses and Approaches of Soft Tissue Tumors for Orthopaedic Non-Oncologists,” Journal of the Korean Orthopaedic Association, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 269, 2015.
- A. García-Jiménez, L. Trullols-Tarragó, A. Peiró-Ibáñez, and I. Gracia-Alegría, “Análisis de resultados en cirugía de revisión de márgenes de sarcomas de partes bland,” Revista Española de Cirugía Ortopédica y Traumatología, 2016.
- Nicholas Eastley, Tom McCulloch, Claire Elser, Ivo Hennig, Julia Fairbairn, Alessandro Gronchi, and Robert Ashford, “Extra-abdominal Desmoid Fibromatosis: A review of management, current guidance and unanswered questions,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology (EJSO), 2016.
- A. García-Jiménez, L. Trullols-Tarragó, A. Peiró-Ibáñez, and I. Gracia-Alegría, “Analysis of results of soft tissue sarcoma margins revision surgery,” Revista Española de Cirugía Ortopédica y Traumatología (English Edition), vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 366–371, 2016.
- Hina Saeed, David M. King, Candice A. Johnstone, John A. Charlson, Donald A. Hackbarth, John C. Neilson, and Manpreet Bedi, “Preoperative Radiation Therapy Followed by Reexcision May Improve Local Control and Progression-Free Survival in Unplanned Excisions of Soft Tissue Sarcomas of the Extremity and Chest-Wall,” International Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 2016, pp. 1–8, 2016.