- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 432892, 22 pages
The Impact of Primary Care: A Focused Review
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 624 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Received 27 September 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editors: K. Eriksson, A. P. Giardino, G. Mastrangelo, and P. J. Schluter
Copyright © 2012 Leiyu Shi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [23 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yu-Il Kim, Jee Young Hong, Kyoungwoo Kim, Eurah Goh, and Nak-Jin Sung, “Primary care research in South Korea: its importance and enhancing strategies for enhancement,” Journal of the Korean Medical Association, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 899, 2013.
- Mala Rao, and Eva Pilot, “The missing link – the role of primary care in global health,” Global Health Action, vol. 7, no. 0, 2014.
- John D. Omura, Susan A. Carlson, Prabasaj Paul, Kathleen B. Watson, Fleetwood Loustalot, Jennifer L. Foltz, and Janet E. Fulton, “Adults Eligible for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Counseling and Participation in Aerobic Physical Activity — United States, 2013,” MMWR. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, vol. 64, no. 37, pp. 1047–1051, 2015.
- Jennifer E. DeVoe, Miguel Marino, Rachel Gold, Megan J. Hoopes, Stuart Cowburn, Jean P. O'Malley, John Heintzman, Charles Gallia, K. John McConnell, Christine A. Nelson, Nathalie Huguet, and Steffani R. Bailey, “Community Health Center Use After Oregon's Randomized Medicaid Experiment,” Annals Of Family Medicine, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 312–320, 2015.
- Larry A. Green, and Michael Klinkman, “The Foundational and Urgent Importance of a Shared Primary Care Data Model,” Annals Of Family Medicine, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 303–311, 2015.
- Jonathan Stokes, Maria Panagioti, Rahul Alam, Kath Checkland, Sudeh Cheraghi-Sohi, and Peter Bower, “Effectiveness of Case Management for 'At Risk' Patients in Primary Care: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 7, 2015.
- Brendan Saloner, Daniel Polsky, Ari Friedman, and Karin Rhodes, “Primary Care Appointment Availability and Preventive Care Utilization: Evidence From an Audit Study,” Medical Care Research And Review, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 149–167, 2015.
- Leiyu Shi, De-Chih Lee, Hailun Liang, Luwen Zhang, Marty Makinen, Nathan Blanchet, Ruth Kidane, Magnus Lindelow, Hong Wang, and Shaolong Wu, “Community health centers and primary care access and quality for chronically-ill patients - a case-comparison study of urban Guangdong Province, China,” International Journal For Equity In Health, vol. 14, 2015.
- Laura Senier, Michael Shields, Rachael Lee, Lauren Nicoll, Danielle Falzon, and Elyssa Wiecek, “Community-Based Family Health History Education: The Role of State Health Agencies in Engaging Medically Underserved Populations in Understanding Genomics and Risk of Chronic Disease,” Healthcare, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 995–1017, 2015.
- Romuladus E. Azuine, Gopal K. Singh, Reem M. Ghandour, and Michael D. Kogan, “Geographic, Racial/Ethnic, and Sociodemographic Disparities in Parent-Reported Receipt of Family-Centered Care among US Children,” International Journal of Family Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–17, 2015.
- Sarah Tinkler, Rajiv Sharma, Sudeshna Pal, Raven Susu-Mago, and Miron Stano, “Offers of appointments with nurse practitioners if a requested physician is unavailable,” Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, 2016.
- Richard Cookson, Miqdad Asaria, Shehzad Ali, Brian Ferguson, Robert Fleetcroft, Maria Goddard, Peter Goldblatt, Mauro Laudicella, and Rosalind Raine, “Health Equity Indicators for the English NHS: a longitudinal whole-population study at the small-area level,” Health Services and Delivery Research, vol. 4, no. 26, pp. 1–224, 2016.
- De-Chih Lee, Hailun Liang, and Leiyu Shi, “Insurance-related disparities in primary care quality among U.S. Type 2 diabetes patients,” International Journal for Equity in Health, vol. 15, no. 1, 2016.
- Ruwei Hu, Yu Liao, Zhicheng Du, Yuantao Hao, Hailun Liang, and Leiyu Shi, “Types of health care facilities and the quality of primary care: a study of characteristics and experiences of Chinese patients in Guangdong Province, China,” BMC Health Services Research, vol. 16, no. 1, 2016.
- Mario Maia Bracco, Ana Carolina Cintra Nunes Mafra, Alexandre Hannud Abdo, Fernando Antonio Basile Colugnati, Marcello Dala Bernardina Dalla, Marcelo Marcos Piva Demarzo, Ises Abrahamsohn, Aline Pacífico Rodrigues, Ana Violeta Ferreira de Almeida Delgado, Glauber Alves dos Prazeres, José Carlos Teixeira, and Silvio Possa, “Implementation of integration strategies between primary care units and a regional general hospital in Brazil to update and connect health care professionals: a quasi-experimental study protocol,” BMC Health Services Research, vol. 16, no. 1, 2016.
- Ruwei Hu, Leiyu Shi, Hailun Liang, Geraldine Pierre Haile, and De-Chih Lee, “Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Primary Care Quality Among Type 2 Diabetes Patients, Medical Expenditure Panel Survey, 2012,” Preventing Chronic Disease, vol. 13, 2016.
- John Heintzman, Rachel Gold, Heather Angier, Jean P. O'Malley, Jennifer E. DeVoe, Steffani R. Bailey, Miguel Marino, and Megan Hoopes, “Healthcare Utilization After a Children's Health Insurance Program Expansion in Oregon,” Maternal And Child Health Journal, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 946–954, 2016.
- Jane Covey Hovland, “Rural Telemental Health and Adolescents: Try a Little Shakespeare,” Journal of Creativity in Mental Health, pp. 1–11, 2016.
- Jaclyn Schwartz, James W Murrough, and Dan V Iosifescu, “Ketamine for treatment-resistant depression: recent developments and clinical applications: Table 1,” Evidence Based Mental Health, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 35–38, 2016.
- Riitta Partanen, Geetha Ranmuthugala, Srinivas Kondalsamy-Chennakesavan, and Mieke van Driel, “Is three a crowd? Impact of the presence of a medical student in the general practice consultation,” Medical Education, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 225–235, 2016.
- Angelique Day, Amy Curtis, Rajib Paul, Prince Addo Allotey, and Shantel Crosby, “Timely Health Service Utilization of Older Foster Youth by Insurance Type,” Journal of Adolescent Health, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 17–23, 2016.
- Arzu Kıbrıs, and Nils Metternich, “The flight of white-collars: Civil conflict, availability of medical service providers and public health,” Social Science & Medicine, vol. 149, pp. 93–103, 2016.
- Raynald Pineault, Roxane Borgès Da Silva, Sylvie Provost, Mylaine Breton, Pierre Tousignant, Michel Fournier, Alexandre Prud’homme, and Jean-Frédéric Levesque, “Impacts of Québec Primary Healthcare Reforms on Patients’ Experience of Care, Unmet Needs, and Use of Services,” International Journal of Family Medicine, vol. 2016, pp. 1–13, 2016.