Corrigendum | Open Access
Corrigendum to “The Past, Present, and Future of Public Health Surveillance”
The article titled “The Past, Present, and Future of Public Health Surveillance”  was found to contain material from the following published articles. Although they were all cited and some text was quoted, there was inadvertently insufficient use of quotation in the use of these sources, for which the author sincerely apologizes.
Work by other authors:(i)Castillo-Salgado , which is cited as reference 210.(ii)Declich and Carter , which is cited as reference 27.(iii)Teutsch and Churchill , which is cited as reference 86.(iv)Freeman et al. , which is cited as reference 76.(v)Brachman and Thacker , which is cited as reference 190.(vi)McNabb et al. , which is cited as reference 151.(vii)Johnson and Heymann , which is cited as reference 33.
- B. C. K. Choi, “The past, present, and future of public health surveillance,” Scientifica, vol. 2012, Article ID 875253, 26 pages, 2012.
- C. Castillo-Salgado, “Trends and directions of global public health surveillance,” Epidemiologic Reviews, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 93–109, 2010.
- S. Declich and A. O. Carter, “Public health surveillance: historical origins, methods and evaluation,” Bulletin of the World Health Organization, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 285–304, 1994.
- S. M. Teutsch and R. E. Churchill, Principles and Practice of Public Health Surveillance, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1st edition, 1994.
- E. J. Freeman, L. J. Colpe, T. W. Strine et al., “Public health surveillance for mental health,” Preventing Chronic Disease, vol. 7, no. 1, p. A17, 2010.
- P. S. Brachman and S. B. Thacker, “Evolution of epidemic investigations and field epidemiology during the MMWR era at CDC—1961–2011,” Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, vol. 60, pp. 22–26, 2011.
- S. J. N. McNabb, S. Chungong, M. Ryan et al., “Conceptual framework of public health surveillance and action and its application in health sector reform,” BMC Public Health, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2002.
- L. R. Johnson and D. L. Heymann, “Public health surveillance,” in Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS), Eolss Publishers, Ramsey, Isle of Man, 2004.
- B. C. K. Choi, “Perspectives on epidemiologic surveillance in the 21st century,” Chronic Diseases in Canada, vol. 19, pp. 145–151, 1998.
- B. C. K. Choi and A. W. P. Pak, “Lessons for surveillance in the 21st century: a historical perspective from the past five millennia,” Sozial- und Praventivmedizin, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 361–368, 2001.
Copyright © 2018 Bernard C. K. Choi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.