- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 590684, 10 pages
Solution Monitoring Evaluated by Proliferation Risk Assessment and Fuzzy Optimization Analysis for Safeguards in a Reprocessing Process
Department of Science and Technology for Nuclear Material Management, Japan Atomic Energy Agency, 2-4 Shirane, Shirakata, Tokai-mura, Naka-gun, Ibaraki-ken 319-1195, Japan
Received 21 November 2012; Accepted 17 January 2013
Academic Editor: Jack D. Law
Copyright © 2013 Mitsutoshi Suzuki and Norichika Terao. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Arai and K. Naito, “The new nexus, 3Ss: safeguards, safety, security, and 3s-based infrastructure development for the peaceful uses of nuclear energy,” Journal of Nuclear Materials Management, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 6–10, 2009.
- M. Stein, M. Morichi, L. Van Den Durpel, et al., “Safety, security, and safeguards by design—an industrial approach,” in Proceedings of the Global Conference, Paris, France, September 2009.
- M. Suzuki, Y. Izumi, T. Kimoto, Y. Naoi, T. Inoue, and B. Hoffheins, “Investigating 3S synergies to support infrastructure development and risk-informed methodologies for 3S by design,” in Proceedings of the IAEA Safeguards Symposium, IAEA-CN-184/64, 2010.
- IAEA Safeguards Glossary 2001 Edition, International Nuclear Verification Series No. 3, IAEA, Vienna, Austria, 2002.
- T. Bjornard, M. Schanfein, D. Hebditch, et al., “Improving the safeguardability of nuclear facilities,” in Proceedings of the INMM 50th Annual Meeting, 2009.
- J. Howell, M. Ehinger, and T. Burr, Process Monitoring for Safeguards, LA-UR-07-7305, 2007.
- T. Burr, L. Wangen, and M. Mullen, Authentication of Reprocessing Plant Safeguards Data through Correlation Analysis, LA-12923-MS, ISPO-374, 1995.
- Engineering Safety Aspects of the Protection of Nuclear Power Plants against Sabotage, IAEA Nuclear Security Series No. 4, Technical Guidance, IAEA, Vienna, Austria, 2007.
- “Sandia National Laboratories Security Risk Assessment Methodologies,” http://www.sandia.gov/ram/RAM-CI.html.
- E. Kardes and R. Hall, “Survey of literature on strategic decision making in the presence of adversaries,” CREATE Report, 2005.
- R. Avenhaus and M. J. Canty, “Formal models for NPT safeguards,” Journal of Nuclear Materials Management, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 69–76, 2007.
- S. V. Mladineo, C. T. Olinger, R. S. Denning, et al., Guidelines for the Performance of Nonproliferation Assessments, PNNL-14294, 2003.
- M. Suzuki, T. Burr, and J. Howell, “Risk-informed approach for safety, safeguards, and security (3S) by design,” in Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE '11), ICONE19-43154, Chiba, Japan, May 2011.
- M. Suzuki and S. Demuth, “Proliferation risk assessment for large reprocessing facilities with simulation and modeling,” in Proceedings of the Global Conference, Paper 399247, Chiba, Japan, December 2011.
- M. Yue, L. Y. Cheng, and R. A. Bari, “A Markov model approach to proliferation-resistance assessment of nuclear energy systems,” Nuclear Technology, vol. 162, no. 1, pp. 26–44, 2008.
- R. Avenhaus and M. J. Canty, “Playing for time: a sequential inspection game,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 167, no. 2, pp. 475–492, 2005.
- R. Avenhaus and M. Canty, Compliance Quantified: An Introduction to Data Verification, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1996.
- M. Suzuki and T. Burr, “Self-authentication of solution monitoring data for large reprocessing facilities,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Japan-IAEA Workshop on Advanced Safeguards for Future Nuclear Fuel Cycles, Tokai, Japan, November 2009.
- J. E. Stewart, N. Ensslin, T. L. Cremers, et al., Measurement and Accounting of the Minor Actinides Produced in Nuclear Power Reactors, LA-13054-MS, 1996.
- M. M. Pickrell and K. Budlong-Sylvester, Safeguards Alteratives for a UREX+ Facility NA-NE Joint Fuel Cycle Facility Design Project Technology Denonstration to Enhance the Safeguards of a UREX+ Facility, LA-UR-06-1075, 2005.
- H. J. Zimmermann, “Fuzzy programming and linear programming with several objective functions,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 45–55, 1978.
- P. Silvennoinen, T. Vieno, and J. Vira, “Multigoal fuel cycle optimization including nonproliferation objectives,” Nuclear Technology, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 34–42, 1980.
- M. Suzuki and H. Ihara, “Development of safeguards system simulator composed of multi-functional cores,” Journal of Power and Energy Systems, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 899–907, 2008.