- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 486306, 6 pages
An Integrated Fuzzy Approach for Strategic Alliance Partner Selection in Third-Party Logistics
Department of Industrial Engineering, Sakarya University, 54187 Adapazarı, Sakarya, Turkey
Received 23 October 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editors: G. Bordogna and P. Melin
Copyright © 2012 Burak Erkayman et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. L. Christopher, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Pitman Publishing, London, UK, 1992.
- L. M. Ellram, “Supply chain management: the industrial organization perspective,” International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 13–22, 1991.
- S. E. Fawcett, L. M. Ellram, and J. A. Ogden, Supply Chain Management from Vision to Implementation, Pearson Education, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2007.
- J. Yan, P. E. Chaudhry, and S. S. Chaudhry, “A model of a decision support system based on case-based reasoning for third-party logistics evaluation,” Expert Systems, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 196–207, 2003.
- M. J. Maloni and C. R. Carter, “Opportunities for research in third-party logistics,” Transportation Journal, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 23–38, 2006.
- B. Ashenbaum, A. Maltz, and E. Rabinovich, “Studies of trends in third-party logistics usage: what can we conclude?” Transportation Journal, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 38–50, 2005.
- R. Lieb and B. A. Bentz, “The use of third-party logistics services by large American manufacturers: the 2004 survey,” Transportation Journal, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 5–15, 2005.
- J. Deepen, T. Goldsby, M. Knemeyer, and C. Wallenburg, “Beyond expectations: an examination of logistics outsourcing goal achievement and goal exceedance,” Journal of Business Logistics, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 75–106, 2008.
- L. E. Gadde and K. Hulthén, “Improving logistics outsourcing through increasing buyer-provider interaction,” Industrial Marketing Management, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 633–640, 2009.
- R. C. Lieb, R. A. Millen, and L. V. Wassenhove, “Third-party logistics services: a comparison of experienced American and European manufacturers,” International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, vol. 6, no. 23, pp. 35–44, 1993.
- Capgemini, “Third-partylogisticsstudy,” 2005, http://www.scl.gatech.edu/research/supply-chain/20053PLReport.pdf.
- Capgemini, “Third-partylogistics,” 2007, http://www.scl.gatech.edu/research/supply-chain/20073PLReport.pdf.
- G. Işiklar, E. Alptekin, and G. Büyüközkan, “Application of a hybrid intelligent decision support model in logistics outsourcing,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 34, no. 12, pp. 3701–3714, 2007.
- P. Barrar and R. Gervais, Global Outsourcing Strategies: An International Reference on Effective Outsourcing Relationships, Gower Publishing Company, Burlington, Vt, USA, 2006.
- R. Bhatnagar, A. S. Sohal, and R. Millen, “Third party logistics services: a Singapore perspective,” International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 569–587, 1999.
- S. Hertz and M. Alfredsson, “Strategic development of third party logistics providers,” Industrial Marketing Management, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 139–149, 2003.
- T. Skjoett-Larsen, “Third party logistics-form an inter-organizational point of view,” International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 112–127, 2000.
- G. Büyüközkan, O. Feyzioǧlu, and E. Nebol, “Selection of the strategic alliance partner in logistics value chain,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 148–158, 2008.
- J. C. Pomerol and S. Barba Romero, Multicriterion Decision in Management: Principles and Practice, Kluwer Academic, Norwell, Mass, USA, 2000.
- T. L. Saaty, The Analytic Hierarchy Process, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1980.
- D. Y. Chang, “Applications of the extent analysis method on fuzzy AHP,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 649–655, 1996.
- C. L. Hwang and K. Yoon, Multiple Attribute Decision Making: Methods and Applications: A State of the Art Survey, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- F. T. S. Chan, N. Kumar, M. K. Tiwari, H. C. W. Lau, and K. L. Choy, “Global supplier selection: a fuzzy-AHP approach,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 46, no. 14, pp. 3825–3857, 2008.
- M. Daǧdeviren, S. Yavuz, and N. Kilinç, “Weapon selection using the AHP and TOPSIS methods under fuzzy environment,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 8143–8151, 2009.
- L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy sets,” Information and Control, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 338–353, 1965.
- O. Kulak, M. B. Durmuşoǧlu, and C. Kahraman, “Fuzzy multi-attribute equipment selection based on information axiom,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 169, no. 3, pp. 337–345, 2005.
- E. Triantaphyllou and L. Chi-Tun, “Development and evaluation of five fuzzy multiattribute decision-making methods,” International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 281–310, 1996.
- C. T. Chen, “Extensions of the TOPSIS for group decision-making under fuzzy environment,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2000.
- C. T. Chen, C. T. Lin, and S. F. Huang, “A fuzzy approach for supplier evaluation and selection in supply chain management,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 289–301, 2006.