- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 978501, 11 pages
Progress in Oral Vaccination against Tuberculosis in Its Main Wildlife Reservoir in Iberia, the Eurasian Wild Boar
1Instituto de Investigación de Recursos Cinegéticos, IREC (CSIC-UCLM-JCCM), Ronda de Toledo s/n, 13071 Ciudad Real, Spain
2Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Received 7 February 2012; Accepted 8 May 2012
Academic Editor: Jesse M. Hostetter
Copyright © 2012 Beatriz Beltrán-Beck et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [22 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Catherine E. Cowie, Beatriz Beltran Beck, Christian Gortazar, Joaquin Vicente, Michael R. Hutchings, Dominic Moran, and Piran C. L. White, “Risk factors for the detected presence of Mycobacterium bovis in cattle in south central Spain,” European Journal of Wildlife Research, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 113–123, 2013.
- E. Kukielka, J. A. Barasona, C. E. Cowie, J. A. Drewe, C. Gortazar, I. Cotarelo, and J. Vicente, “Spatial and temporal interactions between livestock and wildlife in South Central Spain assessed by camera traps,” Preventive Veterinary Medicine, vol. 112, no. 3-4, pp. 213–221, 2013.
- D. Risco, P. Fernández-Llario, W. L. García-Jiménez, P. Gonçalves, J. M. Cuesta, R. Martínez, C. Sanz, M. Sequeda, L. Gómez, J. Carranza, and J. Hermoso de Mendoza, “Influence of Porcine Circovirus Type 2 Infections on Bovine Tuberculosis in Wild Boar Populations,” Transboundary and Emerging Diseases, vol. 60, pp. 121–127, 2013.
- Juan Manuel Herrero-Medrano, Hendrik-Jan Megens, Martien A. M. Groenen, Guillermo Ramis, Mirte Bosse, Miguel Perez-Enciso, and Richard P. M. A. Crooijmans, “Conservation genomic analysis of domestic and wild pig populations from the Iberian Peninsula,” Bmc Genetics, vol. 14, 2013.
- J. Vicente, J. A. Barasona, N. Saklou, C. Gortazar, and K. C. VerCauteren, “Effectiveness of cattle operated bump gates and exclusion fences in preventing ungulate multi-host sanitary interaction,” Preventive Veterinary Medicine, vol. 111, no. 1-2, pp. 42–50, 2013.
- C.E. Cowie, N. Marreos, C. Gortázar, R. Jaroso, P.C.L. White, and A. Balseiro, “Shared risk factors for multiple livestock diseases: a case study of bovine tuberculosis and brucellosis,” Research in Veterinary Science, 2014.
- Francesco Ferretti, Kate Storer, Julia Coats, and Giovanna Massei, “Temporal and spatial patterns of defecation in wild boar,” Wildlife Society Bulletin, 2014.
- Christian Gortazar, Beatriz Beltran-Beck, Joseba M. Garrido, Alicia Aranaz, Iker A. Sevilla, Mariana Boadella, Konstantin P. Lyashchenko, Ruth C. Galindo, Vidal Montoro, Lucas Dominguez, Ramon Juste, and Jose de la Fuente, “Oral re-vaccination of Eurasian wild boar with Mycobacterium bovis BCG yields a strong protective response against challenge with a field strain,” Bmc Veterinary Research, vol. 10, 2014.
- Francesco Ferretti, Andrea Sforzi, Julia Coats, and Giovanna Massei, “The BOS™ as a species-specific method to deliver baits to wild boar in a Mediterranean area,” European Journal of Wildlife Research, 2014.
- B. Martínez-López, J.A. Barasona, C. Gortázar, V. Rodríguez-Prieto, J.M. Sánchez-Vizcaíno, and J. Vicente, “Farm-level risk factors for the occurrence, new infection or persistence of tuberculosis in cattle herds from South-Central Spain,” Preventive Veterinary Medicine, vol. 116, no. 3, pp. 268–278, 2014.
- Beatriz Beltran-Beck, Beatriz Romero, Iker A. Sevilla, Jose A. Barasona, Joseba M. Garrido, David Gonzalez-Barrio, Iratxe Diez-Delgado, Esmeralda Minguijon, Carmen Casal, Joaquin Vicente, Christian Gortazar, and Alicia Aranaz, “Assessment of an Oral Mycobacterium bovis BCG Vaccine and an Inactivated M. bovis Preparation for Wild Boar in Terms of Adverse Reactions, Vaccine Strain Survival, and Uptake by Nontarget Species,” Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 12–20, 2014.
- Iratxe Díez-Delgado, Mariana Boadella, MariPaz Martín-Hernando, José Angel Barasona, Beatriz Beltrán-Beck, David González-Barrio, Marina Sibila, Joaquín Vicente, Joseba M. Garrido, Joaquim Segalés, and Christian Gortazar, “Complex Links between Natural Tuberculosis and Porcine Circovirus Type 2 Infection in Wild Boar,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Christian Gortázar, Azlan Che Amat, and Daniel J. O'Brien, “Open questions and recent advances in the control of a multi-host infectious disease: animal tuberculosis,” Mammal Review, 2015.
- Amy B Papaneri, Reed F Johnson, Jiro Wada, Laura Bollinger, Peter B Jahrling, and Jens H Kuhn, “Middle East respiratory syndrome: obstacles and prospects for vaccine development,” Expert Review of Vaccines, pp. 1–14, 2015.
- Catherine E. Cowie, Christian Gortázar, Piran C.L. White, Michael R. Hutchings, and Joaquín Vicente, “Stakeholder opinions on the practicality of management interventions to control bovine tuberculosis,” The Veterinary Journal, 2015.
- G Nugent, C Gortazar, and G Knowles, “ The epidemiology of Mycobacterium bovis in wild deer and feral pigs and their roles in the establishment and spread of bovine tuberculosis in New Zealand wildlife ,” New Zealand Veterinary Journal, pp. 1–14, 2015.
- Sergio Rosales-Mendoza, Regina Ríos-Huerta, and Carlos Angulo, “An overview of tuberculosis plant-derived vaccines,” Expert Review of Vaccines, pp. 1–13, 2015.
- J. A. Barasona, M. J. Torres, J. Aznar, C. Gortázar, and J. Vicente, “ DNA Detection Reveals Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex Shedding Routes in Its Wildlife Reservoir the Eurasian Wild Boar ,” Transboundary and Emerging Diseases, 2015.
- Andrew Robertson, Mark A. Chambers, Richard J. Delahay, Robbie A. McDonald, Kate L. Palphramand, Fiona Rogers, and Stephen P. Carter, “Exposure of nontarget wildlife to candidate TB vaccine baits deployed for European badgers,” European Journal of Wildlife Research, 2015.
- Christian Gortazar, Iratxe Diez-Delgado, Jose Angel Barasona, Joaquin Vicente, Jose De La Fuente, and Mariana Boadella, “The Wild Side of Disease Control at the Wildlife-Livestock-Human Interface: A Review,” Frontiers in Veterinary Science, vol. 1, 2015.
- Nathaniel P. LaHue, Joaquín Vicente Baños, Pelayo Acevedo, Christian Gortázar, and Beatriz Martínez-López, “Spatially explicit modeling of animal tuberculosis at the wildlife-livestock interface in Ciudad Real province, Spain,” Preventive Veterinary Medicine, vol. 128, pp. 101–111, 2016.
- Francesco Ferretti, Lorenzo Fattorini, Andrea Sforzi, and Caterina Pisani, “The use of faeces counts to estimate relative densities of wild boar in a Mediterranean area,” Population Ecology, 2016.